Selwood's offensive comments......

Remove this Banner Ad

And the Club wasn't aware of Ben's drug problem....
Shame you Guys aren't as good at lying as you are at footy at the minute.
Off the field the Eagles have no credibility at all.
Again, the Eagles never said this. In fact they said they were aware of Ben's "issue" from last July. Because they never dealt with it in public doesn't mean they nevre dealt with it.

But hey, this is way of issues. And after all, slinging mud at the Eagles seems to be the passtime at the times, although the club seems to be giving the opposition plenty of sand and water.

So is it true benny is coming back to play after the split round?
No one knows

We hope, and there are plenty of rumpours around, but there's a lot of water to pass under that particular bridge

Doesn't anyone here know the difference between a sledge and a claim of criminal activity? You don't say "hey i r*ped your mum" as a sledge you say "hey i ****ed your mum and your grandmother". Saying you ****ed a kid is admiting to a criminal activity.

I think what headland did, if the comments reported are true, was the least he should have done. In fact I'd find him off the ground and really continue it.

So do you find jokes about the most henious crime of all acceptable?

Noone should. However you've just gotta grin and bear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you think child molestation is an issue to be taken lightly?

No, child molestation should not be taken lightly. However, this is merely an offensive sledge on the football field and should therefore be taken as lightly as possible.

I don't know why you are concentrating on the child molestation part anyway, that is the most alleged bit of all. Des seemed more pi$$ed (judging by what that Fox cameraman said) at the $lut comment.

No, child molestation should not be taken lightly. However, this is merely an offensive sledge on the football field and should therefore be taken as lightly as possible.

I don't know why you are concentrating on the child molestation part anyway, that is the most alleged bit of all. Des seemed more pi$$ed (judging by what that Fox cameraman said) at the $lut comment.

if the reported comments are true, then Selwood should have dropped the whole issue after being told it was a 6yo.

but instead he alledgedly ramped it up and continued the insinuation with the s*** comment. Selwood should be ridiculed for a life time. And probably will if these comments are borne out

does anyone else think the girl in his picture is the closest he will ever get?

How many hard ball gets have you got on the footy field? Or off it for that matter. Guess you are one of those rubbish local league footballers that relies on trash talk cos you cannot get a kick yourself. Sledging is used by individuals who need some sort of weapon to compete with their opponents cos they're nowhere near as talented as the people they're up against, true fact!

Your previous post about mum jokes also proves you have no idea about the difference in the two. In your eyes calling an aboriginal player an abbo to get him off his game would be fair game too, obviously. You bogans have no idea!

I don't what is more sickening, Selwood's alleged comments, or the Eagles supporters in this thread sticking up for those comments.....

Mate that's the worst thing about this whole sorry episode :confused:

The acceptance by some people on here of the alleged comments made by Selwood concerning a 6 year girl is sickening to the extreme.

& i don't care if Embers & his cronies call me a wowser etc but surely it's not hard to admit to themselves that there are certain boundaries in life that normal decent people should never cross.

Doesn't anyone here know the difference between a sledge and a claim of criminal activity? You don't say "hey i r*ped your mum" as a sledge you say "hey i ****ed your mum and your grandmother". Saying you ****ed a kid is admiting to a criminal activity.

Good grief !!

Talk about getting desperate about the issue..

How can anyone blame selwood, it was a little joke/sledge against des.

If someone said they wanted to have "sexual intercourse" with my daughter I'd say, "thats probably the best u can get" or "u couldn't even get her" or something along those lines. I wouldnt have a panic attack like a 2 year old.

Surely you can't be for real ?

How many hard ball gets have you got on the footy field? Or off it for that matter. Guess you are one of those rubbish local league footballers that relies on trash talk cos you cannot get a kick yourself. Sledging is used by individuals who need some sort of weapon to compete with their opponents cos they're nowhere near as talented as the people they're up against, true fact!

Your previous post about mum jokes also proves you have no idea about the difference in the two. In your eyes calling an aboriginal player an abbo to get him off his game would be fair game too, obviously. You bogans have no idea!

thanks for analysing me just wat i needed

so calling me a bogan wat was the intended effect of that comment?

But hey, this is way of issues. And after all, slinging mud at the Eagles seems to be the passtime at the times, although the club seems to be giving the opposition plenty of sand and water.
And that is a major part of the whole discussion for me.

I would have thought that given the amount of dramas that the Eagles had gone through in recent times, that management and the coaching staff would have issued a strict edict to the players for exemplary public conduct - crossing "t"'s, dotting "i"'s and not putting a foot out of line at all.

Instead, we have Braun "forgetting where he is" (we know the rest of the story there) and now we have this (which admittedly probably would not have come to light if not for Headland's reaction). All they have done is provide more ammunition to the critics whilst simultaneously doing more damage to the club (definitely in the case of Braun and now also for Selwood, even though they are allegations at this stage). The club's public image has certainly been tarnished of late, why make it worse through carelessness?

As has been pointed out earlier by other posters, you can manage to suppress the dramas when you are winning, but if things go skewiff on the field (which can happen a lot easier than many may think), that is when the cracks could really start to appear.

You would hope that the entire playing group at the Eagles has now got the message and from now on conducts itself in a way which can only benefit the club, not tarnish it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood's offensive comments......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back