Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt cue the VIC media saying during the week that Fages went over the top and was carrying on like they did years ago when he did something similar but who gives a stuff; I loved it. They’ll slam you for doing a Kenny and will sneer at Fages.

Have to strongly disagree. Fagan for the most part has enormous respect from most of the Victorian media. No doubt because of his time at Hawthorn. Lewis and Hodge who are part of the media down here, speak of him so respectively. Fagan is questioned at times often by Cornes and King because of how we’ve finished off games etc and we haven’t won a premiership, as supporters lots of us have questioned the same things.

Given the talkback that I listened to after the game with various stations in Melbourne, lots of positives to Fagan and everyone could see how much that meant not only to the club but to him. Same on Foxtel and Channel 7.

It’s from:
1 his Essendon days
2 David king every year potting joe and selecting 2 moments from a game where joe doesn’t chase (you could do this for any forward in the league in any match)

It’s unfair and perpetuated by hacks like David king. It’s why I think king genuinely hates us, there’s no other explanation for why he’d pick Joe out so consistently like this

David King is a literal spud…I really think he’s an actual potato 🥔

Still can’t believe what happened last night , I gave up on them .

Such a brilliant and brave comeback .

So proud of this whole club , so proud I am nearly bursting .

Now let’s get the cats .

the commentators on SEN kept saying how pathetic Brisbane was and that they could not win.

It was irritating and ultimately incorrect. Even i felt they were still in it even though they were 44 points down.

You had more faith than many of us 🤣🤣

I feel like the second will make it difficult to run in off the wing, but would make for an unusual home field advantage if we got used to playing with it there.

the commentators on SEN kept saying how pathetic Brisbane was and that they could not win.

It was irritating and ultimately incorrect. Even i felt they were still in it even though they were 44 points down.

I listened to SEN over the TV vision the whole night and gave them an ungodly spray that half the neighbourhood would have heard when we kicked each of those last 4 goals…it was an absolute gob-full about inviting them to eat bags of appendages 😝

..especially that gutless crab, Andy Maher - he can eat a very large bag!

If you’re using the venal outrage trolls calling themselves football ‘journalists’ to justify your own negativity about Rayner then I don’t know how to help you…they literally make their living from picking certain players and making unfair statements about them…they too ignore the good games and focus on the bad ones 🤷‍♂️

So go ahead and irrationally hate the guy - I feel that way about Daicos - but you won’t convince others that you’re being objective about it by quoting ‘The Paper’
So you were happy with his game last night? If he plays like that next week, that will be fine? My point and the point made by others is that he needs to do better. Not particularly contentious.

I feel like the second will make it difficult to run in off the wing, but would make for an unusual home field advantage if we got used to playing with it there.
I feel like I’ve just hit this on the money.

IMG_3166.jpeg
IMG_3172.jpeg

And some fun ones

IMG_3171.jpeg IMG_3169.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg

The Richmond Jumper scares me, what does AI know that we don’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that got me up and about and interested! :grinv1:

Admit to not watching most of the game, just couldn't, it was terrible but was checking scores. Watched the last qtr thinking could they possibly.....then when Joe kicked that last goal I scared the hell out of my dog when I screamed and jumped off the couch, she ran off to the other room..

The most animated I've been for a while...it felt real good :)

So you were happy with his game last night? If he plays like that next week, that will be fine? My point and the point made by others is that he needs to do better. Not particularly contentious.

FMD, mate you are boring. On the back of that incredible performance you just can't help getting one of your flogging horses out and go on and on and on. Get a life.

GWS remind me of the Crowbots under Neil Craig. That run and gun will carve you up, but no one has the petrol to carry it out for 4 quarters. Good teams will find you out.

44 down - meh, whatever, ah well season's over, did well considering (and silver lining realising that my scheduling conflict during the GF would be moot after all)

Kicking goals and watching them miss - this is fun, too bad it is a bit late but technically we can still do this, interest starting to return

8 down - so close, can we actually do this, GWS has form, edge of seat, texts from multiple friends

5 up - PLEASE hold on, waiting for a dodgy forward 50 free that never came

5 up - Joe kicks it forward with 16 secs left - finally sure we would win.

Never in doubt (said no Lion last night)

Watched the whole post match coverage for the first time

Take a read of our gameday thread if you’ve got the stomach for it. You’ll find a lot of the same sentiment!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back