Game Day SEMI FINAL V. CARLTON, 7.50PM @ MCG

Who wins this game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatched some of the Sydney game in Round 3 recently and Oliver was unreal. He only got around 24 possessions but he snagged a couple of goals and provided a lot of run on the outside.

As good as Oliver is, I'd rather see him have a 24 possession/2 goal game tonight than a 32 possession/0 goal game.
He's had a few games like that in his career (Adelaide a couple of years ago another example). If that was every third or fourth week, he'd be the best player in the game bar none.

Expectation is to win another flag, so to be playing off in another semi and staring down another straight sets exit or playing the lions at the Gabba in a prelim, it’s hard to get too excited. An entertaining game and ending the blues run would be fun though.

The Melbourne bias commentary on SEN has Tom Morris calling the action

Would rather rip my ****ing ears off than listen to him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

The Melbourne bias commentary on SEN has Tom Morris calling the action

Would rather rip my ******* ears off than listen to him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
If you're going to do that exercise surely Schwarz should be doing it since he actually has some experience calling games.

I guess since he and Hutchy just hate each other too much.

Good luck tonight fellas. Was spewing you lost last week as i wanted the Pies in this slot and i am more confident against them on the G than you guys and a bit torn as i have a heap of Demons supporters in the family and my 2nd team to barrack if we are not involved.

Have a feeling our run will end tonight with Kosi and Fritsch having field days and your forward line has been slammed in the media all week and we always seem to cop teams who are due to fire!

Hope we get a great game but i am not confident at all and reckon you guys win by about 3 goals with the game never a real threat or in danger of you guys losing as Gawn will tear us a new one in the ruck.

Old mate A11dAtP0w3R imagine our Cowboys and Panthers playing in a game like this! 🫣🍻

Anyway enjoy the game all and hope we have a cliffhanger finish.

Really feel that Petracca/Fritsch/Pickett have to combine for around 10 goals tonight to lay the foundations of a win.

There is no player growth in bombing it high and long so I am hopeful they will look for leads and go flat and fast to players. Even if it doesn't work out it is a starting point to grow into better F50 entries. Though I wish they worked on that more in preseason and not now.

Heard on one of the radio shows ANB looks for a player 80% of the time when going inside as opposed to Petracca/Viney/Oliver who are way below that and that is where the big change has to come I feel.
Good point. Luke Hodge mentioned that the best users of the ball re that criteria were Rivers, Hunter and ANB. I have much more confidence if we have a starting middle of Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Rivers, Langdon, ANB. Would like ANB to start in there and ideally just play as an offensive midfielder. I’d like to see Pickett in there on rotation with ANB / Hunter.

Also, it looks like Simon has got the hint; starting on the ball is Pickett with Petracca forward. Let’s hope it influences a positive outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patty Cripps ribs will tell us the story on if we're being truly ruthless tonight.

Apparently from what I’ve heard Carlton is the only team playing tonight. It’s all Carlton this Carlton that. Really hope we put them to the sword.
Yep the vast majority of people on the main board are rooting for them so I can't emphasise how satisfying it will be if we win.

I remember in the mid 2000s, as a slightly younger Headless, sitting through two losses against wooden spooners Carlton in a single season. Winning even one of those two games would have meant we finished top four. Instead, we threw away our double chance, and then missed finals for the following 11 seasons.

As you can imagine, such is my personality, I was UNBELIEVABLY ANGRY. :madv1: Such was my sheer disappointment that I didn’t even send my usual “thank you” handwritten letter to the barista who made my coffee at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and/or Colonial Stadium.
I also remember attending those two games, and if I recall correctly both of those games were at docklands stadium, and I remember being very peeved that not only we missed the double chance but also because our "home" game against them that year was at their ground

I also remember attending those two games, and if I recall correctly both of those games were at docklands stadium, and I remember being very peeved that not only we missed the double chance but also because our "home" game against them that year was at their ground
Definitely rings a bell, yeah.

I don't see us kicking a winning score unless someone has a day out, hopefully Koz and Trac are on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back