Preview Semi Final - Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well Hawks it is. Mclean for Jong. Their defence has no answer for him. I would have gone Webb for geelong.

Moz to Rioli?
Hamling to Gunston
Boyd on Poupolo
Biggs on Breust
JJ on the resting mid
Wood floating around and marking everything

How's that sounds?

God I can't wait to see Libba, Picken, Dahlhaus, Bontempelli and Macrae take on Hodge, Sheils, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne. This is gonna be great.

I don't think Suckling was bad. Not exactly good but not bad. I don't quite get the comments about him being soft and not committing his body to contests; he was probably more physical tonight than he ever has been for us. It was more the skills that let him down, but even then I don't think there was anything outrageously bad. Some ill advised/failed attempts to get out of jail free, but I don't remember any horribly direct turnovers that led to goals.

I might be a little worried if we play the Hawks that he tries to do too much against his former team, but I don't think that was a drop worthy game. If he brings that same physicality AND brings the skills that he's known for that's a pretty damaging player.

yeah, he doesnt avoid contact, but he doesnt have contested skills. There is a lot more to being good at winning the footy or at least stopping the opposition from winning it than just 'cracking in'. Clay Smith cracks in harder than just about any player in the league, but he isnt as effective at contested ball as many of his smaller, less zealous teammates. And Suckling is really below par at it.

Id love to know why McLean was dropped - defensive pressure maybe?

We could be lucky - Lewis punched someone fair in the gob: in the H&A he would miss a week at least but in finals, maybe not.

left field - is honeychurch any chance to come in at all?

Need hard heads against the Hawks and he is no worse than Jong in skill department.

I think it will depend on weather. If it's dry we go with McLean or Webb, wet Stevens gets a crack.
Pressuring their ball carriers and clean skills/decision making will beat them.

When Jong is winning his own footy and feeding it out to whoever via hand he doesn't hurt our spread in that regard.

Stevens is a marking type player, like a poor man's Picken/Wallis, he gets more footy on the spread and imo we can not carry him. We have Libba, Picken, Dahl and Smith doing a heap of grunt stuff, need Bont to rock up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are ordinary. Rioli is our problem. I would hook him with average player first bounce (Stevens). I would then get the same average player to hook Mitchell soon after. They have a small forward line. Cicily is a worry though. We are a genuine chance fellows.

Hawthorn are ordinary. Rioli is our problem. I would hook him with average player first bounce (Stevens). I would then get the same average player to hook Mitchell soon after. They have a small forward line. Cicily is a worry though. We are a genuine chance fellows.

I'd not write them of, though we matchup better against them, then Geelong

Out: Stringer, Jong
In : McLean for Stringer and either Webb or Stevens for Jong. Almost thinking Steven for a bigger body. Honey almost deserves a game but not sure a smaller body is what we are after. I was really pissed off with a couple of Stringers efforts in manning up and applying pressure. Also the u12 mentality of fending off is getting a bit old. Can't see that working in finals. I hate saying it (12 months ago declared he would be better than the Bont) bit Stringer is at the crossroads or not fit. Looks more and more like a Motlop each game. Heaven forbid we have 2 of them i the one team next year

I'll be barracking for you guys big time next week. Am so over the Hawks winning every year. Friday night at the MCG... I feel like the stage is set for Jakey Stringer to tear this game apart. He is a big game player and it won't get much bigger than next week. Bontempelli and Stringer will finish the Hawks once and for all.

In : McLean for Stringer and either Webb or Stevens for Jong. Almost thinking Steven for a bigger body. Honey almost deserves a game but not sure a smaller body is what we are after. I was really pissed off with a couple of Stringers efforts in manning up and applying pressure. Also the u12 mentality of fending off is getting a bit old. Can't see that working in finals. I hate saying it (12 months ago declared he would be better than the Bont) bit Stringer is at the crossroads or not fit. Looks more and more like a Motlop each game. Heaven forbid we have 2 of them i the one team next year
Out Stringer!?!? You're barking mad!!

I feel like next week is the kind of game Stringer could just blow wide open. He's a big game player who loves the spotlight. He could kick a bag next Friday I reckon.

I feel like next week is the kind of game Stringer could just blow wide open. He's a big game player who loves the spotlight. He could kick a bag next Friday I reckon.
Yes, hopefully, though yesterday was quite big as well ...........

Strong name to suggestion correlation!
Stringers explosive pace could absolutely wipe out the hawks aging mids if he is thrown in the middle for spells. I can see him coming alive against the hawks defense.

Strong name to suggestion correlation!
Stringers explosive pace could absolutely wipe out the hawks aging mids if he is thrown in the middle for spells. I can see him coming alive against the hawks defense.
I really hope so but Thursday was a big stage and IMO he was the only one who didn't give 100%. When he did it seemed forced and junior football like. A few made errors here and there but their endeavor couldn't be questioned.
Whatever happens, all I ask for is a 1 point win against the Hawks (not that I'll survive such a close one) as justice for all their close wins this year.

If you guys bring the type of intensity you did against us you're every chance of winning

If you don't you'll be toast

Beat them and I'll forgive you for not bringing the lube last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back