Preview Changes R13 Bulldogs vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanity prevails.

Can only but imagine what some of the incidents we saw in the 90s and even 00s would get today.

Grant's coat hanger on Holland would have him out for 10 weeks, Libba out for a year for his scratchy scratchy on various opponents and Danny Southern would be banned for life for his sleeper hold on Sumich.

Lockett banned for life after breaking Caven’s jaw?

VDM is not a definite out yet.

Chris Bell said his ”tightness“ arose from a cork injury and it wasn’t a hamstring injury.

To be assessed later in the week.
I’d be close to not wanting to play him and giving him a week to recover now that West is playing.

It’s simply not worth the risk of being a man down early in the game again, especially given his recurrent injury issues.

Sally Flynn (AFL) says regardless of what West's intentions were, the contact with AFL 360 panellist Jeremy Howe was unreasonable in the circumstances.

Unreasonable opinion in the circumstances. Lift, Sally.

Say Fynn.

Because she needs to hold all those L’s.

Exactly. The whole thing played out 6 or 7 metres from goal in an uncontrolled and unpredictable fashion and in an urgent setting....both ways. Sh1t is gonna happen one way or the other with no time to think about it. I don't think we want them to have a quick cuppa and take the time to think about it in that situation ... just do it.
Our neighbour is the father of an Essendon Premiership player, who sat on the Tribunal last year. One case they had already decided within 10 minutes, but spent an hour just chatting to drag it out a bit.

Round 12:

FB: Bramble, Jones, Keath
HB: Duryea, O'Donnell, Dale
C: Harmes, Treloar, Williams
HF: Garcia, Lobb, VDM
FF: Darcy, JUH, West
R: English, Bont, Gallagher
INT: Daniel, Freijah, Macrae, Sanders, McNeil

Round 13 if we change a minimally as possible:

C: Gallagher, Treloar, Williams
HF: Garcia, Lobb, Macrae
FF: McNeil, JUH, West
R: English, Bont, Richards
INT: Daniel, Freijah, Sanders, Liberatore, Scott (sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12:

Look at those crumbing smalls! In reality McNeil, Garcia and West will still try take marks off Marra and Lobby.

If I'm concerned about any post goal celebrations that Libba might be subjected to from now on should he a) be selected and b) score a goal.

The current trend seems to be to ruffle the scorer's hair or pat their heads ... with varying degrees of impact depending on the patter.

I'm thinking that any post goal celebrations that Libba might be subjected to in the future, as well intended as they may be, should be limited to high fives, or in cases of extreme sublimity, a dry root if circumstances permit.
In an AFL first, player X has been suspended for 3 matches for ruffling his teammate's head in an unduly aggressive manner...

We're playing one and a half natural first-choice forwards. Vandermeer's for is such that he's a justified selection (imagine saying that 6 or 7 weeks ago). We're picking him if he's ready to, because what's the other options?

Round 12:

Like the options, but I would like a third tall up forward so Khamis or L. Smith / Croft in that order of preference.

We're playing one and a half natural first-choice forwards. Vandermeer's for is such that he's a justified selection (imagine saying that 6 or 7 weeks ago). We're picking him if he's ready to, because what's the other options?
Richards & Libba are returning so that theoretically is going to push Gallagher & Garcia out of the midfield. McNeil was also the sub and played okay.

Small forwards would be a combination of West, Garcia, McNeil with Gallagher moving to the Harmes role on the wing.

It’s too much of a risk for a non-vital player.

I’d love to see us push Bont up to a CHF role with both Naughton and Darcy out. Given Libba and Richards should both automatically go back into the guts I think Bont should start forward and see how the game progresses. Gives the Brisbane defence far more to worry about than sticking Buku up there and the Rylee’s have all shown they can play their parts through the mid field on rotation.

Could we use Libba as a pseudo tagger? That way he doesn’t need to ball hunt and can protect his head easier.

I would reckon he has the footy smarts to be pretty damaging in the role too.
I'm not sure there's much to change, the first one was from one of the cleanest big tackles you'll ever see and the second one was from getting kicked in the face after a successful tackle.

Not really related to playstyle or ball hunting

Could we use Libba as a pseudo tagger? That way he doesn’t need to ball hunt and can protect his head easier.

I would reckon he has the footy smarts to be pretty damaging in the role too.
Apparently he was been working on how he attacks the ball to protect his head, using his body for protection. No need to worry about tagging just his normal run with role he often takes on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back