Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

i’m recognising the same feelings i got during the height of the asaga where the off field drama was WWE-esque and very entertaining.

i’m keen to see how this story line will play out. Will woosha turn heel?

i’m recognising the same feelings i got during the height of the asaga where the off field drama was WWE-esque and very entertaining.

i’m keen to see how this story line will play out. Will woosha turn heel?

Dys is going to come out with a shaved head and whack a Melbourne player and all of a sudden be called a great leader by the masses.

Having just listened to this (I posted it in Shiel's thread but don't really want to derail it with chat about Woosha);

Interesting little take out from it - Worsfold keeps the match review very simple. After round 1 they didn't worry about structures or game plan. The message was simple: effort and intensity.

Apparently these 'power brokers' have Mark Harvey as the preferred replacement.

If Mark Harvey is our coach, I’m “back in”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer they sat down and went through a process to hire the coach who will win a flag for us. Like other clubs do who win flags.

But they won’t.

Finding a coach is step 2 or 3.

Need to sort out strategy, style and list.

The only guy I can think of who came in at half way and worked is Simpson.

Everyone else starts at the bottom and climbs to the top at varying rates. The right coach is found because he is given time with a list that works.

Finding a coach is step 2 or 3.

Need to sort out strategy, style and list.

The only guy I can think of who came in at half way and worked is Simpson.

Everyone else starts at the bottom and climbs to the top at varying rates. The right coach is found because he is given time with a list that works.
Longmire?

OK, through nothing else but boredom, I've gone through the selection changes for Woosha's tenure at EFC. Not sure what I was trying to get out of it, other than I felt that we'd never seem to have "rang the changes" while he was in charge:

Jumping into the numbers:

2016 (the ban year) - there were 63 changes over 22 rounds, at an average of 2.86 per round. Ladder finish 18th
2 rounds there were no changes, once after a win and the other after a loss.
1 change occurred once. 1-bye
2 changes occurred 3 times. 2-L
3 changes 7 times. 6-L 1-W
4 changes 6 times. 6-L
5 changes once. 1-L / 15 point loss to CAR
6 changes once. 1-L / 78 point loss to WCE

2017 - there were 51 changes over 22 rounds and 1 final, at an average of 2.2 per round. Ladder finish 7th
3 rounds there were no changes. 1-L 2-W
1 change occurred 5 times. 2-L 3-W
2 changes occurred 6 times. 4-L 1-W 1-bye
3 changes occurred 4 times. 3-L 1-W
5 changes occurred twice. 2-W (surprisingly) / 18 point win v COLL & 8 point win v CAR
6 changes occurred twice. 2-L / 38 point loss to MEL & 43 point loss to ADE

2018 - there were 39 changes over 22 rounds, at an average of 1.77 per round. Ladder finish 11th
4 rounds there were no changes 2-L 1-W 1-bye
1 change occurred 3 times. 3-W
2 changes occurred 9 times. 4-L 5-W
3 changes occurred three times. 2-L 1-W
4 changes occurred once. 1-L / 71 point loss to RICH
5 changes occurred once. 1-L / 49 point loss to COLL

While 2016 was the year it was, 2017 and 2018 were more stable (if that's an observation?). I haven't broken down the changes for injuries and form, because I think I answered my own question in seeing there had been numerous times 4, 5 & 6 changes had been made at the selection table.

I did follow up on the 2 x 5 changes after wins in 2017.

Round 5, we had beaten Collingwood on Anzac Day in 2017. The only match day injury reported was Jobe having a cut on his head and coming off the ground early. As Anzac Day was on a Tuesday, we had a 5 day break to the next round against Melbourne of which we lost.

The listed changes for the R6 Melb game ended up being Out: Brent Stanton (Omitted), Aaron Francis (Rested), Matthew Leuenberger (Rested), James Kelly (Rested) & Patrick Ambrose (Injured) for In: Matt Dea, Martin Gleeson, Tom Bellchambers, Ben Howlett & Conor McKenna. So one for poor form, one for injury and three for management.

Round 20, we'd beaten Carlton by 8 points. Fantasia was listed as doing his hamstring.

R21 was ADE in SA The Outs: Tom Bellchambers (Foot), Michael Hartley (Omitted), Zach Merrett (Suspension), Orazio Fantasia (Hamstring) & Mark Baguley (Rested) The Ins: Andrew McGrath, Matt Dea, James Kelly, Jayden Laverde & Matthew Leuenberger. This time it was two for injury, one for suspension and two for form.

Also the 2 x 6 changes in 2017
Once was in Round 7, after we'd played Melbourne The Outs: Mitch Brown (Ankle), Tom Bellchambers (Omitted), Ben Howlett (Omitted), Jobe Watson (Rested), Andrew McGrath (Rested) & Ben McNiece (Rested) The Ins: Michael Hartley, Aaron Francis, James Kelly, David Myers, Matthew Leuenberger & Brent Stanton. Meant that 4 dropped after the Collingwood win came back into the side and the purpose was resting (read: protecting) some players from travel.

In Round 22 vs GCS The Outs: Travis Colyer (Omitted), Matthew Leuenberger (Ankle), Ben Howlett (Omitted), Michael Hurley (Calf), Jobe Watson (Managed) & Matt Dea (Omitted) The Ins: Mark Baguley, Michael Hartley, Zach Merrett, Craig Bird, Tom Bellchambers & Joshua Begley. 3 players dropped for form, 2 for injury and 1 for management.

Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Back