Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

If Caracella doesn't want to be head coach I would replace Skipworth with him.
You would also have no idea and simply produce an opinion based on a whim and zero facts.

He can come and fill the vacant forward line coach role next year if he likes.

Personally I think Lyon is under rated by most. Yes his old game style was not always great to watch but he is not all defence and when the Saints where at their best they also played some decent attacking footy. Lets face it he was a bounce of the ball away from winning a GF. I would have no issue if we swapped coaches.

He’s got the personality of garden snail.

Would you really want to look at Lyons head for 4 years listening to him drone on every week.

The fact that he has kept Mundy, Sandilands and Ballantyne around says something. No new ideas.

I can’t stand him. The most boring bloke in footy. Never takes responsibility for anything as a coach.
Deflects everything away from reality of his team’s form.

Just goes through the motions collecting his 10k a week.

He’s got the personality of garden snail.

Would you really want to look at Lyons head for 4 years listening to him drone on every week.

The fact that he has kept Mundy, Sandilands and Ballantyne around says something. No new ideas.

I can’t stand him. The most boring bloke in footy. Never takes responsibility for anything as a coach.

Just goes through the motions collecting his 10k a week.
Yet he coached two nuffy clubs to Grand Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he coached two nuffy clubs to Grand Finals.

Yeah...but can we look back that far and find it relevant today with what Lyon does at Freo lately?

I seriously believe we can not risk bringing in a bloke like him. He’s a relic.

The game has changed enormously since those Saints GFs and Freo only got there because of key senior players who were on top of their game...McPharlin and Pavlich etc

Anyway, there’s always someone who thinks Ross Lyon is a viable option.

I’m just not one of them.

Think Lyon has done another good job this season as I don’t rate the list as high as others. Injuries have caused them to fall back last few weeks.

Reckon along with Chris Scott and Clarkson that they’re smartest coaches going.

A toe poke and bad bounce from dual premiership coach and ignite they’d kicked straight early could have bagged another with Freo.

Think Lyon has done another good job this season as I don’t rate the list as high as others. Injuries have caused them to fall back last few weeks.

Reckon along with Chris Scott and Clarkson that they’re smartest coaches going.

A toe poke and bad bounce from dual premiership coach and ignite they’d kicked straight early could have bagged another with Freo.
Disagree. They have 8 genuinely good AFL KPP's in Logue, Hamling, Pearce, Lobb, McCarthy, Hogan, Taberner and Darcy all of whom are 26 and under, a defence that's well balanced and a midfield group that has the star power of Fyfe, Walters,, Brayshaw, Cerra and Hil. Their list is one of the better ones in the AF IMO.

Disagree. They have 8 genuinely good AFL KPP's in Logue, Hamling, Pearce, Lobb, McCarthy, Hogan, Taberner and Darcy all of whom are 26 and under, a defence that's well balanced and a midfield group that has the star power of Fyfe, Walters,, Brayshaw, Cerra and Hil. Their list is one of the better ones in the AF IMO.
Logue just come back from 18 months out and has already been dropped, good athlete though. McCarthy very inconsistent, only 2 decent games this year, interestingly only signed a one year extension. Darcy been disappointing somewhat.

Cerra has struggled, B Hill and Langdon rumoured to be on way out, Mundy hasn’t got too many more years.

Average list to me.

Yeah...but can we look back that far and find it relevant today with what Lyon does at Freo lately?

I seriously believe we can not risk bringing in a bloke like him. He’s a relic.

The game has changed enormously since those Saints GFs and Freo only got there because of key senior players who were on top of their game...McPharlin and Pavlich etc

Anyway, there’s always someone who thinks Ross Lyon is a viable option.

I’m just not one of them.
Differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that.:thumbsu:

Saturday was a fine example of this, his club is in a downward spiral playing disgusting footy and he spent the entirety of his press conference talking about the treatment of Fyfe. Sh*t coach, Sh*t bloke

Saturday was a fine example of this, his club is in a downward spiral playing disgusting footy and he spent the entirety of his press conference talking about the treatment of Fyfe. Sh*t coach, Sh*t bloke

It was just deflection and it worked incredibly well as all the talk was about the treatment of Fyfe and Neale.
We had a coach doing it for 25 years with great success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Back