Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been a stark improvement in the way Woosha/the whole coaching team coaches since around the Bye and it's translating to a winning culture which is exciting...

Kids played, Tagging implemented, Game day switches, Bench coaching, midfield pressure and a bit of Sheedy-esk hamming it up to the media selection wise...

First to admit I potted JW (which is actually rare for me to comment negatively on anything EFC) but credit due...

I still maintain Woosh tried to phone it in for a bit and it backfired but he's doing an exceptional job of late, credit due and I'm very thankful for the joy this clubs been giving me lately...

I really hope we don't extend his contract beyond next year.

If we win a final this year the club will have to back up it next season and go one step further for him to get another contract. we don't want to fall in the trap with what happend at Melbourne.

If he and the team improves next year and we do even better than this year, then I don't have a problem with him being given an extension. But they should wait till the end of next year before they decide to extend or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a player who gets 35 possies and carves us up every week, has been fantastic.
All our form has turned around since D.Clark has been brought in. I know he is just one of many small things that has seen us improve, but to me it has been the main one. If he did do the job on the guys he has, we wouldnt have won against syd, gws or LOL norf.
Its about time the moves are being made earlier. Dont know what/who changed the policy but thank heck it did.

surprised they didn’t announce a contact extension after the adelaide win to be honest. Could’ve been the beginnings of a nice tradition.

If we win a final this year the club will have to back up it next season and go one step further for him to get another contract. we don't want to fall in the trap with what happend at Melbourne.
Just had his best coaching performance and people still want him gone ffs. Takes time, look at Hardwick.

Don't see anyone else doing better.

This is very simplistic. Is it just cos he's an older looking dude?

That wouldn't tie in with "what happened at Melbourne"

What happened at Melbourne? One year of playing great. Where we are looking to make steps each year. So, probably comparing us to Melbourne isn't that wise in the first place.

Just had his best coaching performance and people still want him gone ffs. Takes time, look at Hardwick.

No one really wants him gone.

He could quite possibly get a godfather type offer from Freo and consider it...but if he’s happy at EFC and living in Melb and the club wants him, he’ll be the coach for some time yet.

And if we continue this good form to the end of the year...it’s highly likely we’ll take it into next season.

And that’s a good thing.

No one wants him gone but he needs to continue this form into next year. People will be calling for his head if we have another poor start to the year.

FWIW there is zero - absolutely zero - basis to Lyon leaving Freo.

The media hate him. Because he treats them like shit.

He’s out of contract at the end of next year. That’s all.

So they’ve started running with it to build some momentum to get rid of him.

Melbourne media reporting are all just saying “it’s all the word in Perth!”. They’re literally just reporting what the media are saying.

What happened at Melbourne? One year of playing great. Where we are looking to make steps each year. So, probably comparing us to Melbourne isn't that wise in the first place.
Yeah, I'm not sure (in both what B4L is saying and the question on its own senses). I think BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! is saying maybe they went early in a re-signing? I can't see how any comparison with the demons would relate to coach's age though.

Yeah, I'm not sure (in both what B4L is saying and the question on its own senses). I think BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! is saying maybe they went early in a re-signing? I can't see how any comparison with the demons would relate to coach's age though.

Yep they went early with the re-signing don't want Essendon to do the same even if we win a final

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Back