Racing September Daily Punt: Springtime Squib Sloppiness Starts Soon

Group1 winners? the turnball and the 2 pretend ones in Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely - there are tons of horses with absolutely none in this race so I dont mind him going back in the running line and blending down the middle while others find trouble inside. Especially if its going to be a bog
In Secret will be long gone @ 1400m before Golden Mile finds gaps to gets through all the plodders.

If it’s a bog it also brings Fireburn into the race.

In Secret will be long gone @ 1400m before Golden Mile finds gaps to gets through all the plodders.

If it’s a bog it also brings Fireburn into the race.

In secret will be the one needing to find the gaps

Fireburn is gone like all slipper winners at this stage of their careers

Random question, when it comes to bonus bets, Blue bet offers me a match deposit up to $500. So if I do that and use say $250 on Zakki and the other half on a quaddie on Sunday, so I get half or less dividends because it’s from a bonus bet or not ?

You deduct the bonus bet amount from the payout. So you’d pretty much be backing Zaaki at 1.50 (currently 2.50)

Last edited:
I guess the other question, thoughts on the underwood punters? Is it a Zakki v thunder or does alligator at a price interest anyone?

On paper I’am firmly team zakki, I don’t imagine a lot of speed, thinking he might just stack them up and blow them away. Is 1400 to 1800 any concern?

If alligator couldn’t beat thunder with the dream run last start I can’t see how he beats him home this time let alone Zaaki

1400-1809 zero concern. Did it winning this race last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaaki runs anywhere near his best and he wins and happy to think he can off his first up run. He is a horse who has been rolled twice @ $1.25 in his last 8 starts still though so who knows. $2.50 a good enough price though

Also for those who like Zaaki for the cox plate and still haven’t got on at a price. Now is the time to back. $4.50 sportsbet and you get bet insurance with the new promo = bet voided/refunded if he doesn’t run.

If he wins well on Sunday (will beat third, fourth & sixth favourite) you’d expect him to shorten to $3-3.30.

Also for those who like Zaaki for the cox plate and still haven’t got on at a price. Now is the time to back. $4.50 sportsbet and you get bet insurance with the new promo = bet voided/refunded if he doesn’t run.

If he wins well on Sunday (will beat third, fourth & sixth favourite) you’d expect him to shorten to $3-3.30.

At what price? He has basically been $5 fave since markets opened - happy to wait for the day at these odds - despite him being our clear best horse over 1600+ they always risk him for some reason. Anamoe wins the Caulfield Stakes and he will SP something utterly stupid on the day (see laughable QE starting prices).

It's been terrible for years.

There was a time, like 5+ years ago, where they would actually find value (hence the name Get On). Now it's just a very unfunny ad for betting agencies.

Jumped the shark when Gator left

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing September Daily Punt: Springtime Squib Sloppiness Starts Soon

Back