September Daily Punt,where Tom Papley has a spring in his step and a quiver in his arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair 1st G1 in Victoria..
Winner was super impressive, also has the fitness.
Princess grace and wish were both huge..

Though those two got the complete PRs and have every right to win to be honest given the run Brightside had.

IWIW dissapointing for mine. Thought he would blow them away at the top of the straight

Cotton Wool Waller ain't getting suckered into taking the harder path. They will be wanting that G1 on the CV you would imagine anyway

Waller known for picking off the easy/obvious G1s with his mares

With Espiona being set for the Invitation, Fangirl the King Charles, Hinged the Champion Stakes it makes logical sense that Princess Grace will be his Empire Rose horse given that was the target from months ago.

Has horses like Militarize and at least one of Osipenko, Linderman and Kovalica to aim at the Cox Plate anyway if he wanted

With Espiona being set for the Invitation, Fangirl the King Charles, Hinged the Champion Stakes it makes logical sense that Princess Grace will be his Empire Rose horse given that was the target from months ago.

Has horses like Militarize and at least one of Osipenko, Linderman and Kovalica to aim at the Cox Plate anyway if he wanted

I mean he is stupid but not stupid enough to send those 500/1 shots off to the CP when he has Princess Grace sitting there. He has pretty much never split Hinged/Fangirl so don't see why he would start targeting races for individual horses know. He has a long history of placing his top level mares absolutely appallingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumps racing at Hawera today on a ‘good’ rated track. Strange to see jumps races run on tracks which aren’t heavily rain affected. Similar to Ballarat last week.

Though those two got the complete PRs and have every right to win to be honest given the run Brightside had.

IWIW dissapointing for mine. Thought he would blow them away at the top of the straight
Thats a bit harsh. IWIW Not a Caulfield type horse. 1400m first up. Came from back in the ruck, jockey said peaked with a 100m to go. His target has always been the Everest where he gets the chance to wind up down the long straight. Out to 5/1 for the Everest is generous.

Whats happened to El Bog?
34's the Cox after he ran 2nd to Mo last year. Was basically tailed off in the Lawrence. Maybe targetting the CC or has he been Wallered?

Thats a bit harsh. IWIW Not a Caulfield type horse. 1400m first up. Came from back in the ruck, jockey said peaked with a 100m to go. His target has always been the Everest where he gets the chance to wind up down the long straight. Out to 5/1 for the Everest is generous.

Not a Caulfield type horse? That’s a new one.
#noexcusesHad a dream run and if he was the horse I thought he was he would have blown them away yesterday.

Not being helped by some questionable trainer placement since the golden eagle it has to be said.

Agree he is probably one of only 2.5 possible winning chances in the Everest so $6 is probably a backable price

This might be a silly question, but something I'm curious about.

Sportsbet allow a bet return option on all up bets with a minimum of 3 legs.

If you want to have a bit of a throw at the stumps at a roughie and something safer, could you include a 3rd leg where you know that selection will be scratched (dual accepted horse for example)?

Dual accepted horse gets scratched, leaves you with your roughie and safer selection along with bet return safety net that you would normally only get with 3+ legs.

Does it work like that? I guess they will shut you down pretty quick if it does work.

This might be a silly question, but something I'm curious about.

Sportsbet allow a bet return option on all up bets with a minimum of 3 legs.

If you want to have a bit of a throw at the stumps at a roughie and something safer, could you include a 3rd leg where you know that selection will be scratched (dual accepted horse for example)?

Dual accepted horse gets scratched, leaves you with your roughie and safer selection along with bet return safety net that you would normally only get with 3+ legs.

Does it work like that? I guess they will shut you down pretty quick if it does work.
can't 100% tell you for certain but I'm pretty sure when a runner inside a SRM is scratched that would mean the whole bet is then voided.

I think he means a multi not in the same race. In which case if one leg is scratched I am pretty sure you won’t get the refund if it loses.

Yep, that's what I meant.

I'll give it a go soon if I see something likely to be scratched.

Unfortunately, the only way to test if the bet return works is to have 1 leg get up and the other fail. Fortunately though, I am capable of doing this.

Remove this Banner Ad

September Daily Punt,where Tom Papley has a spring in his step and a quiver in his arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back