Toast September winners to September’s spooners

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course the leading newspaper in the state (which should obviously be unbiased) is looking at the upside of coming last, in what has arguably been the worst team season for a little while.
Oh what’s that? *checks notes* the state is South Australia and the team is Adelaide? Never mind, carry on.

Rob Chapman is telling the customers that without their support winning the spoon wouldn't have been possible.
And what's more, without them in 2021, there's no way they'll be able to go back to back.

Gotta love Crows fans calling for our SANFL spoons to be recognised 😂😂.

Happy with that!

So some quick maths will tell us where we stand 🙂.
Crows 2 Premierships - 1 Spoon = 1
Port 36 Premierships - 3 Spoons = 33.
The Adelaide Football Club won 8 wooden spoons between 1875 and 1893. Hopefully they have a similar run now.

Mate has been going on about the great #1 draft they will get now....

Lol... fu** that I hope I never see port get a wooden spoon.
Australia wasn’t even a nation yet when Port won its last wooden spoon. There is no one on this planet that was alive when it happened. You should be safe.

Walking my dog about an hour ago (not at Elspeth park, but my dog's more regular haunt) and having a chat with a guy there (lovely fella, but a tragic crows fan whose daughter works in the football department there).

Me - "Has your daughter told you what the mood is like down there after collecting a wooden spoon?".

Him - "A lot of excitement. Really excited about what lays ahead"

Me - "Haha good one'

Him - "No really. The plan was to clean out all the old guys except for a couple of them, and forge ahead with youth. They'll be continuing on that path next year too".

Me - "So they're clearing out the dead wood, but Taylor Walker's still gonna be there. He's absolute garbage, even you can surely see that".

Him - "He's there to mentor the youngsters".

Me - "Haha"

Him "........."

Me - "Hahahahahahaha.......HAHAHAHA".

I love this philosophy that piling a heap of games into young players will pay big dividends. Those who went to the Port AGM in 2011 will remember Primus being really big on this. It's doomed to fail. Even GWS, who've built a list of absolute elite, high end young talent still haven't achieved anything. The crows do NOT have that sort of talent on their list.

I was so happy when he told me this.
They are ****ed.

Australia wasn’t even a nation yet when Port won its last wooden spoon. There is no one on this planet that was alive when it happened. You should be safe.
Yeah but that last wooden spoon was a big talking point among the colonial soldiers at the front in the Boer War.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking my dog about an hour ago (not at Elspeth park, but my dog's more regular haunt) and having a chat with a guy there (lovely fella, but a tragic crows fan whose daughter works in the football department there).

Me - "Has your daughter told you what the mood is like down there after collecting a wooden spoon?".

Him - "A lot of excitement. Really excited about what lays ahead"

Me - "Haha good one'

Him - "No really. The plan was to clean out all the old guys except for a couple of them, and forge ahead with youth. They'll be continuing on that path next year too".

Me - "So they're clearing out the dead wood, but Taylor Walker's still gonna be there. He's absolute garbage, even you can surely see that".

Him - "He's there to mentor the youngsters".

Me - "Haha"

Him "........."

Me - "Hahahahahahaha.......HAHAHAHA".

I love this philosophy that piling a heap of games into young players will pay big dividends. Those who went to the Port AGM in 2011 will remember Primus being really big on this. It's doomed to fail. Even GWS, who've built a list of absolute elite, high end young talent still haven't achieved anything. The crows do NOT have that sort of talent on their list.

I was so happy when he told me this.
They are f’ed.
Tex mentoring the youngsters:

Now lads: here's how you do a one handed, feeble attempt at taking a mark.......

Wasn't Richmond the only club to stay loyal to Port in 1990 and vote against the admission of Adelaide to the AFL?

It's only fitting they should be the cause of so much of Adelaide's misery.
To be honest Ive never disliked Port Adelaide, maybe a little when our captain kicked the wrong way but other than that, i won't begrudge you guys if you win the whole thing this year.

Plenty of reasons to be happy for Port Adelaide:

Our 2x premiership coach
You piss Collingwood off when you wear black and white
You're not the crows

Good luck in the finals

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A Touch of the Fumbles manages to lay the blame at Text's feet :D

And so, after 17 largely terrible rounds over six utterly miserable months, it turns out our season was effectively decided by a single shanked kick after the siren of our first game of the year.

Yes, that miss by Tex Walker – as of Saturday, Adelaide’s goal kicking record-holder – to decide the match against Sydney in Round One ended up being the difference between a 17th-place finish and the Crows’ first wooden spoon.

Or, to put it another, better-sounding way – the difference between the Number One Draft Pick and Not the Number One Draft Pick.

https://indaily.com.au/sport/touch-of-the-fumbles/2020/09/21/touch-of-the-fumbles-spooners/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDAILY September 21 2020&utm_content=INDAILY September 21 2020+CID_557aeca369ed6479f86c691892005e21&utm_source=EDM&utm_term=READ MORE

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast September winners to September’s spooners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back