State of Origin Series XIX Round 2 - South Australia vs West Australia at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Where can I purchase one of these lovely jumpers?

Would be good to wear on a pub crawl.

$70!
That's one way to improve the budget bottom line.

It's cheaper than our water rates.
That's coz those pricks...sorry, I mean Cockroaches and Vics, steal most of it before it flows to you guys.

Too busy sacking Hinkley. I didn’t know I was playing.

armenian flag armenia GIF

(Reposted, now it’s in the right thread.)

Money can't buy happiness, but I'm led to believe that it can buy a better class of misery.

There are things more important than money, but they are very expensive.

The in laws are retired, and paid their house off years ago. But how the hell young couples start wedded bliss in Sydney these days - who knows? How exactly does one save $200k for a deposit, while weekly rentals are pushing up towards $1000 per week?
It would certainly be impossible without the Bank of Mum & Dad (or other family help, even if it means living rent free or with minimal board for a while)

In keeping with the Allies theme, ACT and Qld are also overpriced for where/what they are.

Money can't buy happiness, but I'm led to believe that it can buy a better class of misery.
If you replace misery with memories I agree , because on the whole, new fancy things quickly become old
It does buy experiences though and whilst money comes and goes, time just goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best things about Adelaide to Adelaide Oval and even when they opened the borders the crowds were minimal so I’m going to say yes

Also SA certainly had outbreaks earlier and more frequently early on than WA did thanks to geography and McGowan’s swift action
And we also had a maximum of 3 weeks TOTAL of lockdowns. Unlike DanAndrewsistan that locked down for months on end…

We pretty much had the best of it during that period. Funnily enough, we only contracted COVID from a trip to Victoria after the borders had been reopened…

It would certainly be impossible without the Bank of Mum & Dad (or other family help, even if it means living rent free or with minimal board for a while)

In keeping with the Allies theme, ACT and Qld are also overpriced for where/what they are.
Not sure what Perth is like, but even in Adelaide the average house price is close to $1m. Crazy!!!

Sounds like Memorial Oval at Tea Tree Gully.
I used to umpire U15’s up there (Pertaringa Oval I think it was called then). Early in the season the cricket pitch was so rock hard I was bouncing the ball into orbit. One match I was marked down for bouncing the ball too high…

And we also had a maximum of 3 weeks TOTAL of lockdowns. Unlike DanAndrewsistan that locked down for months on end…

We pretty much had the best of it during that period. Funnily enough, we only contracted COVID from a trip to Victoria after the borders had been reopened…
Thanks to McGowan WA spent even less time in actual lockdown, 12 days in total I think.

Sadly I wasn't in WA for much of that time. I would've had 100s (if not 1000) of Covid tests , many of which were PCRs, and yet I've never had positive test, not even once.

I have no doubt that I've had it though as more than one other person in the household had it with the same symptoms but neither I nor my immediate family ever tested positive on serial testing . Plus I had a bunch of symptoms for many months afterwards that were eventually attributed to long covid (and have never totally resolved).

We are all multivaxxed , but I don't think it's the reason. A former boss of mine (who is also the head of Infectious Diseases at a teritary hospital) has experiened the same thing except in her case, her entire household (partner , children and mother) all tested positive with the same symptoms. Her theory when I worked with her was that some people just never test positive on the testing we have/had but still have it and are still infective.

Yeah but nobody really lives in Sydney do they?
They exist. Barely.

Lived there for 6 painful years between ‘79 and ‘85 for work. I knew people back then who had $1500/month mortgages for basic homes west of Penrith. Knew I’d never be able to afford a home there

Thanks to McGowan WA spent even less time in actual lockdown, 12 days in total I think.

Sadly I wasn't in WA for much of that time. I would've had 100s (if not 1000) of Covid tests , many of which were PCRs, and yet I've never had positive test, not even once.

I have no doubt that I've had it though as more than one other person in the household had it with the same symptoms but neither I nor my immediate family ever tested positive on serial testing . Plus I had a bunch of symptoms for many months afterwards that were eventually attributed to long covid (and have never totally resolved).

We are all multivaxxed , but I don't think it's the reason. A former boss of mine (who is also the head of Infectious Diseases at a teritary hospital) has experiened the same thing except in her case, her entire household (partner , children and mother) all tested positive with the same symptoms. Her theory when I worked with her was that some people just never test positive on the testing we have/had but still have it and are still infective.
We’re all multi vaxxed as well. Had to be to visit my parents who were in aged care at the time. Our cases were extremely mild although I have to admit that I felt totally washed out for a month after the symptoms disappeared.

Not sure what Perth is like, but even in Adelaide the average house price is close to $1m. Crazy!!!
When I was a teen we had the highest prices in the country thanks to the mining boom but then prices remained stagnant for a decade afterwards to the point where every other capital city overtook Perth. Prices have soared in the last few years but it's still the rental market that is a rort.

Rental returns are a different matter - Perth's rental returns are ridiculously high . Melbourne was/is cheap to rent in comparison

When I was a teen we had the highest prices in the country thanks to the mining boom but then prices remained stagnant for a decade afterwards to the point where every other capital city overtook Perth. Prices have soared in the last few years but it's still the rental market that is a rort.

Rental returns are a different matter - Perth's rental returns are ridiculously high . Melbourne was/is cheap to rent in comparison
Perth is growing at ~1600 people per week. There is a chronic rental shortage here so prices (and the number of people attending home opens) are insane.

They exist. Barely.

Lived there for 6 painful years between ‘79 and ‘85 for work. I knew people back then who had $1500/month mortgages for basic homes west of Penrith. Knew I’d never be able to afford a home there
I saw a story on A Current Affair years ago about a couple in Sydney, who had a 7 figure mortgage. They had to make monthly repayments of $5500 per month - just to service the interest: in other words, just to stop the amount owing from going even higher!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XIX Round 2 - South Australia vs West Australia at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back