State of Origin Series XIX - Round 4 - Victoria Country vs Allies @ John Terrill Memorial Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, well that doesn’t sound too bad then. Kinda like the crazy people Mick knows in Crocodile Dundee. 😛
Yeah. But a lot darker and without the obvious humour.

Bounce down in this contest to occur at:
810pm VICC time
810pm for Qld/Tas/ACT/NSW Allies
310am US PT

If not in one of these places, consult your captain for start time. I'll see you in 8 hours!

damicky Pie 4 Life
Today?!?

I’ll have to ask Mr. Strig about it and whether I’d like it or not. 🤔
No doubt about it, there are some brutal scenes. But it, and several films made around the same time, marked the resurgence of the Australian film industry.

No doubt about it, there are some brutal scenes. But it, and several films made around the same time, marked the resurgence of the Australian film industry.
I read a few blurbs about it online. Not sure it’s something I’d be comfortable watching. I hate when I watch a show or movie and wish I could un-see some things. The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad…sometimes “critically acclaimed” things aren’t everyone’s taste. 🤷‍♀️

I’ll have to ask Mr. Strig about it and whether I’d like it or not. 🤔
It's an Australian classic made at the same time as Walkabout, also an Anglo/Aussie production both were shown in Cannes. Watch the original from the 60's not the remake.
On par with Don's Party in understaning part of the Australian Psyche...it's not Wolf Creek with the gore.

Like an actual farm or one of them fruit "farms"?
like an actual farm - it was a small hobby sized one, unlike our neighbours who owned 200,000 acres.
But I did get to ride my horse or pushbike all through their place which was totally AWESOME!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read a few blurbs about it online. Not sure it’s something I’d be comfortable watching. I hate when I watch a show or movie and wish I could un-see some things. The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad…sometimes “critically acclaimed” things aren’t everyone’s taste. 🤷‍♀️
My hubby loves all those kinds of stuff but I think he finds the best thing is how often I jump at the jump scare scenes.

Shining Stephen King GIF

Get past the defense. I dare you.

We have 3 options for today's game. Muddy, Rainy or (best case scenerio) Cloudy.
1000006087.jpg 1000006086.jpg 1000006085.jpg

Today's game is at South Gippsland town of Fish Creek. Home to roughly 800 people and the Greatest Football Club of All-Time. That is not me exaggerating, this club has won 37 premierships since they started playing football in 1891. No club has gotten close to that kind of success that this proud club has had.

However, that's not the reason we're playing here today and why Fish Creek skipped the vote for where Vic Country's home games would be for Series XIX. The reason is shown when you compare the difference between these 2 pictures.

1720588475916.png 1000006089.jpg

You can see that one building is missing. That building was the Fish Creek club rooms that housed where both home and away teams would change in their uniforms as well as 120+ years of trophies, honour boards, memorabilia and memories. I would go into more detail but while I was at the ground yesterday, I found out I didn't have to...

1000006090.jpg

Game Day Counts and if we play with half the spirit of this club, then we'll definitely get the victory today.

P.S. Sorry for the low quality pictures.

A Swallow ant555 AnUltimateRessie BallaratBulldog brahj Broken cats_09 cats2rise ClarkeM croweater 41 Elton Johns Wig FootyGuy13 Frothies Mcveigh GotTheGoodes haydo Headless Jabba73 Knifey Spoony manangatang Mobbs Ocha905 Pamcake1 Pickitt Pie 4 Life Robertio royboy2 SpecialBruce Supersuns TheGoatBaron Tigerturbulance tigland Wosh

I'm playing on Irish BlueBagger, carna Tipperary.
A pre match speech from Father Michael O'Brien Corks legendary coach behind the 1990 all Ireland success springs to mind here.

He had a Cork shirt and a Tipperary shirt laid out on two separate chairs. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two shirts?

The players had no answer. I'll tell you the difference that one there is the red and white of Cork, that other one has a big yellow streak running through it!:laughv1:

Tipperary's colours of course being blue and yellow. If Father O'Brien was still alive i'd bring him in as a special guest speaker to the team.

The Allies need to play this game with that sort of Father O'Brien fire and brimstone spirit.:laughv1:

State of Origin Series XIX - Round 4 - Victoria Country vs Allies @ John Terrill Memorial Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back