State of Origin Series XIX - Round 5 - Western Australia vs Victoria Metro @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

1720610968576.png
Path to the Grand Final
Western Australia
Win and they are straight through to the grand final. Lose and it comes down to percentage and the results of the other game.

Victoria Metro

Metro need a big win and the other game to also be a blowout to make finals. Lose and they are eliminated.

Current Form
Western Australia
Sitting second on the ladder with a healthy percentage and fresh off the bye they'll be looking to get back on the winners list

Victoria Metro

Bottom of the table with a percentage below 90 and a scoreless last quarter leading into this match.

Last Time
1720611136393.png
A close game at 3 quarter time ended with a convincing Vic Metro win thanks to a 6 goal final term. Metro shared that load among 6 different scorers but the final goal went to gab213 his 7th for the day. Falconista had a massive game in the ruck for WA with 27 disposals 6 tackles and 2 goals, for Metro okeydoke7 threw his weight around with 12 tackles.

Three to Watch
Western Australia
MWPP is having a stellar series, the only mid to be top 5 in Disposals, DreamTeam and tackles.
BLUEALLTHRU goes up against the ruck above them in the stats this week and will be looking for a win
Tonga Bob needs 4 goals to move into second on the table and will be looking to have a big week to guarantee a grand final appearance

Victoria Metro

okeydoke7 had a big game in the loss last week kicking 3 goals, the Metro vice captain will need another big week in the middle this week
PhenomenalV1 has not had a great series with 8.6 though three games but the big V need him to fire this week to have any chance of making the grand final
James Colorado what will the Captain do at selection this week to try and restart the sputtering offence?

Captains Please note Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday 11th July
Tarkyn_24 TheInjuryFactory James Colorado okeydoke7

Hi Vic Metro
-home of hook turns , Magic’s and people whinging about the cold when it isn’t even that cold , not to mention the beaches…

Admittedly I do miss being able to walk in to the footy with a cheap GA ticket. My home away from home in Essendon was nice too.

But after years of the G/Marvel and struggling to leave either on foot or via PT despite smaller crowds than Optus, give me Optus anyday! A direct bus trip to the stadium and the frequency to go with it.

Can we go there and leave rivht after the game? I don’t think anyone wants to spend a night at WA.
I suspect most of the Vic Metro people haven’t spent long enough here to judge

Conversely I and many others have lived in Melbourne before so feel more than qualified to judge Melbourne for what it is - in one word, overrated but I’d still take it over my Vic Country experience

Black Swan Running GIF by Chubbiverse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State of Origin Series XIX - Round 5 - Western Australia vs Victoria Metro @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back