State of Origin Series XIX - Round 5 - Western Australia vs Victoria Metro @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

They look a little cooler than I imagined the Allies to be.

Don't get me wrong, I still wanna push them into a locker, but I'd probably let them out after school.
1720656986485.jpeg

Hi Vic Metro
-home of hook turns , Magic’s and people whinging about the cold when it isn’t even that cold , not to mention the beaches…

Admittedly I do miss being able to walk in to the footy with a cheap GA ticket. My home away from home in Essendon was nice too.

But after years of the G/Marvel and struggling to leave either on foot or via PT despite smaller crowds than Optus, give me Optus anyday! A direct bus trip to the stadium and the frequency to go with it.
Yes, but the issue is, Optus is in Perth, so...😛

You wouldn’t survive a night there pretty boy
well this has totally rocked my sense of reality

I never pictured ND as pretty

I suspect most of the Vic Metro people haven’t spent long enough here to judge

Conversely I and many others have lived in Melbourne before so feel more than qualified to judge Melbourne for what it is - in one word, overrated but I’d still take it over my Vic Country experience

Hah take that ClarkeM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, but that would involve...like...actually living there?

The flight alone is tough on a horse!
Again, try it before you knock it

I genuinely wasn’t critical about either SA or whatever Allies is as I haven’t lived in either of them. Going for a trip doesn’t fully capture the experience of actually living in a place.

Also a 4 hour flight is nothing compared to your couple of recent long haul international flights.

I genuinely wasn’t critical about either SA or whatever Allies is as I haven’t lived in either of them. Going for a trip doesn’t fully capture the experience of actually living in a place.

Also a 4 hour flight is nothing compared to your couple of recent long haul international flights.
I find its much easier to knock things without trying them, saves a lot of time and money.

And that is why I knock coffee chill

1720659744840.jpeg

This winter has been long and tough, I’ve had to put the shorts away for three weeks now
I didn't know you could play qooty in pants

EM-dub...I'm just doing the banter. My only trip to Perth was for a few days en route to Ningaloo. I really enjoyed my time there. I'd go back anytime to explore W.A!
For the Allies, I found a pile of classic S.A. jokes. They made me laugh. Probably the allies weren't too impressed but they had some good Melbourne ones for us.
Actually no.. they didn't really. I enjoy the opportunity to have a laugh at our city/states quirks and mean no offence!☺️
Perth seemed to have a laid back feel... I'd say almost sleepy, and definitely provincial compared to Melbourne as does Brisbane.

That might be a very nice way to live! Less stress,and traffic, better lifestyle balance etc.

EM-dub...I'm just doing the banter. My only trip to Perth was for a few days en route to Ningaloo. I really enjoyed my time there. I'd go back anytime to explore W.A!
For the Allies, I found a pile of classic S.A. jokes. They made me laugh. Probably the allies weren't too impressed but they had some good Melbourne ones for us.
Actually no.. they didn't really. I enjoy the opportunity to have a laugh at our city/states quirks and mean no offence!☺️
Perth seemed to have a laid back feel... I'd say almost sleepy, and definitely provincial compared to Melbourne as does Brisbane.

That might be a very nice way to live! Less stress,and traffic, better lifestyle balance etc.
I haven’t been to Brisbane or anywhere in Queensland in general for that matter since I was a kid so a trip is definitely overdue. I have had more than one attempted trip foiled but it’s my next domestic stop. Fortunately they picked the SCG of all places as their venue so there was plenty to say about the state of those facilities.

All those reasons you listed are some of the reasons I prefer Perth but the truth is Optus and everything that has come with it has been the true game changer as it removed and actually reversed the single main advantage Melbourne had over Perth to me - footy. I don’t care enough about Sunday morning or weekend evening supermarket shopping to be bothered by Perth’s current hours and it turns out certain other Melbourne shops are just as bad if not worse than Perth’s hours anyway (eg the Bombers shop with its ridiculous 10-4 M-F hours)

State of Origin Series XIX - Round 5 - Western Australia vs Victoria Metro @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back