Seriously WHO CARES

Remove this Banner Ad

...About last nights performance

It's one bloody game, we are in the finals and had one of the youngest inexperienced teams playing ever,

We are not going to win every game, now after one bloody loss, everyone has jumped off again

Thomas, Wakelin, Burns, Wellingham, Wood and even possibly Rocca all in next week.

And we will be playing either Sydney, Adelaide or the Saints who we havent lost to this year.

people heads up, move on, there is always next week.
Yeha who cares that we would have played Geelong next week with a double chance and a chance for the week off? :D:D:D

Did anyone bagging Presti actually watch the game last night? His defensive work was fantastic, didn't give his opponent an inch. His disposal wasn't particularly great but he's a little rusty and hopefully that will improve.

As for the match, well I'm a little disappointed, but if you take a backwards step you can see that it's a very tough ask on a very young side. We had a multitude of players missing, and if you add that to the players we've lost over the year to injury and suspension then you can see why we got done. You just can't expect the same kind of intensity week-in, week out from probably one of the youngest teams we've fielded in years.

We did incredibly well after the didak/shaw fiasco to actually make the finals, we've shown a lot of plucker and I hope we'll see this again come finals time. Let's look at the positives and hope that we can challenge some teams come finals and put the Freo match behind us.

Because he kept his player down to 3 possessions the whole night? I can't believe you just bagged him. Sure he's a little older but who would you rather have on Buddy or Fevola? Goldsack?

Lucky Presti was avaialble cos with no Wakelin our backline would have been even worse. Nathan Brown is not even in the above league at the moment - gets beaten far too easily and ends up with a handfull of possessions per match.

I care because what I saw last night,

Looked to me they were not Even Trying Except for Leon

i do personally.

and most of yous will. if we lose first week of finals and the year is then cut short. or who knows we could of beat Geelong and gone straight into the prelim.

Its a big loss guys. We should be putting these sorts of teams away.

i do personally.

and most of yous will. if we lose first week of finals and the year is then cut short. or who knows we could of beat Geelong and gone straight into the prelim.

Its a big loss guys. We should be putting these sorts of teams away.

Just Shows when People call Pies Frontrunners, They might have a Point because we only play well against good sides

Just Shows when People call Pies Frontrunners, They might have a Point because we only play well against good sides

Please see the previous 3 weeks. Obviously didnt play well against St Kilda, Port Adelaide or Sydney :rolleyes:

that game was a reflection of the year. Without Heater, Dids and Ant we are not going to push deep into finals anyway. Win the first final and a good effort in the 2nd is the best we can hope for this year. And hope next we have a healthier list through the year incident free

And if we did finish 4th, look at our team realistically we would get SMASHED by Geelong

Rd 9 was a fluke.

I'd rather us win an elimination final and get our confidence up, and if we have to travel to Adelaide so what?????

Newsflash people, look at the team that was playing on Friday(age, matches etc.) we aint going to cause much damage this finals series.

Thank you!! We've won 3 of the last 4 with all odds against us and shown the competition the amazing level of depth we have with the youngsters.

I'm looking forward to next week and the beginning of the finals campaign for 2008!

Go Pies!!

did you not watch fridays game?? obviously a lot more optimistic than me! i can't see us winning a game these finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss in the end turned out costly. After the kangaroos huge loss to port
If we won
  • We would be in the top 4. with a double chance
  • We would of played Geelong. A big chance for a win after we pumped them earlier this year.
But we didnt which is very frusturating.

The good thing about it is we cant play any worse and we still have stars like Thomas, Wellingham, Wakelin, Rocca, Burns and Wood to come back in hopefully next week. Theres still life left in Pies of 08 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realistically we are in the pretty much the same position as at the start of the weekend... but better.

We still play an Elimination Final, but vs the Crows rather than the Saints. We have a good record against both teams.

BUT

-if we lose, we now get a better draft pick.
-if we win, we probably face St Kilda which is a better proposition than playing North.

If you weigh it all up, although we didn't get the top 4 spot, we actually are better off than we were at the start of this round. :)

I certainly care.
I like being a winner and not a bloody loser.
I am not a band wagoner.
I have been to every game this year except the St.Kilda game at Telsta dome and we won that. I did not go because I left it too late to book the tickets on my AFL membership and did not want to sit on the roof.
I have been going to Collingwood matches for over 25 years.
I am sick of failure. Shits me. I wont recover from Friday's loss for years. It will stick in my mind like the 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 2002 and 2003 Grand Finals and many other losing finals.
It was inexcusable. The same team beat St.Kilda, Port Adelaide and Sydney last week.
I was thinking last week wow. They are playing awesome football, and was even dreaming that we could knock if Geelong if they played like they did against Sydney in the first quarter.
Then come Friday night and heart break. Playing that crap they did is just that. Crap.
How do you justify losing to a depleted Fremantle after beating 2 teams that are above us now and a team that flogged North Melbourne by 76 points yesterday.
You can't. It's not comprehendable to anyone with common sense.
Collingwood are like blonde bimbo c*o*c*k teasers.
I am gutted, but have no option but wait in suspense for next week and watch the game on TV instead of being there.
That's probably what shits me the most.

yeah i agree. it hurts to see collingwood play like that but the fact is collingwood have played like that for a long time. play a couple of ripper games against sides who are 'better' then just cave in on a game they should win.

but when they lost i didnt really care untill the following arvo when i saw the 9th minute into the last quarter score nth melb and prt adel.

although i dont think collingwood would have done much against geelong and wont do much against geelong untill rocca is back (personal opinion, but watch the highlights on youtube) and you'll see just how influential rocca is.

at the moment however i am tipping collingwood to beat adelaide. and i think they'll do it easy. in the next round against the saints, again they SHOULD win. the following week being either hawthorn or the doggies, ( i hope the doggies) because i just dont think collingwood can beat the hawks. and with any luck collingwood will end up in the grand final and beat geelong by less then a goal....

*sigh* one can dream cant he...

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously WHO CARES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back