Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not paying for that newspapers garbage.
Could you post the article..
The vibe.

Should this sort of behaviour be permitted? The kid did nothing wrong - he just wanted to work in construction. He wasn't trying to make an ideological point about freedom of association, he just worked for the "wrong" company for a while. So he was locked in a shed for four hours.

Nick McKenzie doesn't report vibes. He reports facts. This is who the CFMEU are, and it has happened with the Victorian Labor Government's approval.

If you are happy with that, then that's how it is. You're not the drug dealer, but you're the guy who is happy for the taxpayer to pay for his car.

Not behind a paywall as far as I can see. Also, I'm not going to break the rules of this site by copying and pasting other's work.

Last edited:
Obviously you dissagree with me and I won't waste anymore time on you after this post but I have 30+ years experience in the construction industry as backup to my opinion. Wether you want to listen or not is up to you.

To quote your signature:
"I can give you an argument, but I can't give you an understanding."
actually "Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."
Samuel Johnson

i completely understand your wanting to indulge in quotes that apply more to you than discuss the matter.

your suggestion that developers who put up megabucks for projects have no oversight on the materials used, the method of installation, and reasonable access to sites when all those matters are germane to cost inputs and therefore profitability - which is fundamentally their main interest - then i doubt your credibility.

i have a neighbour who is a retired developer, a relative who is a credit manager for a mid-sized developer, and a friend who was a building surveyor in the municipal sector. all of whom say, as i have, your comment is arrant nonsense.

Reported by Nick McKenzie. I'm happy to pin my mast to his proven ability to get the story right.

So alleged.

I have little to no doubt the interaction would have had the delegate say join up or f off. He would have then been shown the door. I don't find him being locked up for 4 hours creditable at all. Either way it's just another claim that can't be prove. Seems to be many of those. What's frustrating every single thing to read is written by someone with an agenda. The premier included.

So alleged.

I have little to no doubt the interaction would have had the delegate say join up or f off. He would have then been shown the door. I don't find him being locked up for 4 hours creditable at all. Either way it's just another claim that can't be prove. Seems to be many of those. What's frustrating every single thing to read is written by someone with an agenda. The premier included.

We could ask the kid if it is true but the kid is dead. Considering the journalistic standards I'm sure Mr McKenzie practices, that means he probably has that tidbit from two alternative sources (might have been two people the kid mentioned it to in the entire afternoon which was the remainder of his life, but still two sources).

Also, which established pattern of behaviour does this more neatly fit into: the CFMEU engaging in standover tactics, or the 19 year old kid telling lies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of being called out for whataboutisming, how is it that union influence in the Labor Party is always being called out as a sin while the Liberal Party quietly becoming the political wing of Hancock Prospecting goes largely unnoted?

You are correct both as bad as each other, but still should not excuse the Labor party for dealing with a criminal organization. Sadly nothing will change with either party, it is why i have a dislike for any politician or party which ever team we are on, sadly we have to have them.

At the risk of being called out for whataboutisming, how is it that union influence in the Labor Party is always being called out as a sin while the Liberal Party quietly becoming the political wing of Hancock Prospecting goes largely unnoted?

Absolute whataboutism but that is why Victoria has the problems they do. Labor supporters have blindly followed everything Dan and his crew did for so long. Anytime he was questioned it was always bad journalism, made up, what about Scomo or something else. State and Federal Labor have a lot to answer for but so do the people that have blindly followed them and not asked questions.

But you're right in the sense all political parties and candidates should be scrutinized.

Labor in Vic have been on the take for years. Just look at the Hotel Quarantine and how that was awarded.

So alleged.

Given that Nick McKenzie has already been proven in court to be a reliable journalist who does his due diligence, I'm happy to accept his version of events in this particular case.

This was posted earlier, you can read this, but i doubt you really want to read the article.

I read that… sounds bad how ben was treated, clearly someone with mental health issues.

if we are blaming the CFMEU for his death why aren’t we blaming those responsible for Robodebt for the dozens that committed suicide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back