Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that… sounds bad how ben was treated, clearly someone with mental health issues.

if we are blaming the CFMEU for his death why aren’t we blaming those responsible for Robodebt for the dozens that committed suicide?
Are you dense? People do

Also, nice deflection, which is all you've done ITT. That or flat out denial

So alleged.

I have little to no doubt the interaction would have had the delegate say join up or f off. He would have then been shown the door. I don't find him being locked up for 4 hours creditable at all. Either way it's just another claim that can't be prove. Seems to be many of those. What's frustrating every single thing to read is written by someone with an agenda. The premier included.

knowing how the union operate i wouldn't put locking a kid up past the CFMEU at all.

they are a bunch of thugs.

I read that… sounds bad how ben was treated, clearly someone with mental health issues.

if we are blaming the CFMEU for his death why aren’t we blaming those responsible for Robodebt for the dozens that committed suicide?

I don't see anyone around here denying responsibility for those deaths from the people who designed and implemented Robodebt.

Having said that, and as I have said in this thread previously, there is a difference between unlawful conduct and criminal conduct.

Locking someone in a shed for four hours against their will is criminal conduct.

Is there any chance you can park the whataboutism and actually address the topic of this thread? I don't see anyone defending Robodebt, yet you keep banging on about it.

The Victorian CFMEU is in administration, and you seem unwilling/unable to see that there are some systemic issues that need to be addressed.

Classic 101 deflection

Because this thread is about CMFEU, and their poor governance.

I knew i should not have engaged with someone who clearly has a vested interest with the union.

I won't bother again.

People are doing that.......

You missed this bit

"We'll work through that but it's not being brushed under the carpet, I can assure you that."

So again what evidence of criminal behaviour has been confirmed.. or is it still the vibe?

Meanwhile no one has been charged over the unlawful Robodebt.
You missed the part in the AFR:
"...Mr Christopher had received an estimated $200,000 in free labour and supplies from major building companies in 2017 and remained the subject of ongoing police corruption probe."

So 7 years to investigate a free house renovation is not the police "brushed under the carpet"?

You missed the part in the AFR:
"...Mr Christopher had received an estimated $200,000 in free labour and supplies from major building companies in 2017 and remained the subject of ongoing police corruption probe."

So 7 years to investigate a free house renovation is not the police "brushed under the carpet"?

I don’t pay to read the AFR… or any Murdock or 9news crap.

I don't see anyone around here denying responsibility for those deaths from the people who designed and implemented Robodebt.

Having said that, and as I have said in this thread previously, there is a difference between unlawful conduct and criminal conduct.

Locking someone in a shed for four hours against their will is criminal conduct.

Ok so ask the police why those that were involved have not been charged? They should be if what they have been allegedly accused of occurred. …

Ok so ask the police why those that were involved have not been charged? They should be if what they have been allegedly accused of occurred. …
Because they have not committed a criminal offence... You're being deliberately obtuse about this and have been called out by pretty much every other poster.

I'm sure the boys in the union will be happy with you showing your solidarity... That line of thought has been working really well for the ALP lately...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer to see the entire article before I comment ..

I think you prefer not to comment.

Also, perhaps the reason there have not been criminal charges here is roughly the same reason why there were not criminal charges when Labor MPs signed false documents to pay electorate officers to conduct campaigning on taxpayer money in 2014.

Nick McKenzie has exposed wrongdoing from all sides of politics without fear or favour. The same cannot be said for other groups...

I think you prefer not to comment.

Also, perhaps the reason there have not been criminal charges here is roughly the same reason why there were not criminal charges when Labor MPs signed false documents to pay electorate officers to conduct campaigning on taxpayer money in 2014.

Nick McKenzie has exposed wrongdoing from all sides of politics without fear or favour. The same cannot be said for other groups...

Ok so what criminal activity has Nick McKenzie uncovered?
Because you lectured me on the difference between.. Unlawful and criminal… so please highlight them.

that's exactly what's going to happen....

there is likely to be a public enquiry which then than result in charges

Ok so what criminal activity has Nick McKenzie uncovered?
Because you lectured me on the difference between.. Unlawful and criminal… so please highlight them.

I look forward to the police pursuing this with further investigation.

Ok so a person being locked up, allegedly, for 4 hours is what all this is about?
I’m not condoning this action and can see how it could affect someone with mental health.

no they have been alleged to have done a lot more than that.......

bribery, fraud, coercion, abusing contracts to give work to bikie gangs etc etc.

wouldn't be surprised if theres a bit of money laundering going on too.

Last edited:
Oh I thought this entire thread was about criminal activity by the unions…
Sorry my mistake.
I was referring to your implications that criminal behaviour (e.g. what is alleged to have happened on a union run building site) should be treated the same (from a criminality context) as Robodebt.

They're not the same, and you know it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Setka Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back