Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the 09/10 A-grade captains been announced yet? Given a few changes are on the cards.
eg: T Blackwell to Kilmore; S Donovan overseas and rumours of L Watts getting given an opportunity for the top job (?)

What have you guys heard?
Kel Winnell at eastern hill. Mick Enrico at Avenel
Anyone up with the current problems at seymour, have heard some discontent with some due to the probable return of some players? could get interesting this one.

As a Benalla DCA rep I would like to enquire about the standard of your competition.

Pretty ordinary these days, some clubs not keen on 2-day cricket and batting a full 80 overs is even a real problem for some. Not a lot seem keen to play 'til 5.30pm on day two regardless of match sitations which is great for the umps :D

Blokes that were the guns 5-10 (and in some cases even longer) years ago still doing the bulk of the damage - but with a bit of player movement etc. during the off-season here's hoping for a rejuventated and better year in 09/10 :thumbsu:

Avenel and Alex still the one's to catch, Tallarook should be back in contention and Kilmore obviously with The Wiz in charge, Simon O'Donnell, Youngman (is that still happening :confused:) and a gun Pommy recruit will push pretty hard for a flag.

Kilmore to win the B's if they stick together as they will no doubt get 3-4 back who have been regular A-graders the past few years, whilst for me Tallarook for the C-grade if what Im hearing recruit wise actually comes off!!!

The new irrigation system has been installed at Avenel and looks great ,so the ground might be a bit up and down for awhile but in the long run it should make our ground one of the better ones.
The problem we do have we have finally got a home game in that victoria wide 20/20 and lm not sure our ground will be ready ,it wont matter all the money we spent on the irrigation we wont be able to pay all our players so we wont get far anyway hahahaha

Pretty ordinary these days, some clubs not keen on 2-day cricket and batting a full 80 overs is even a real problem for some. Not a lot seem keen to play 'til 5.30pm on day two regardless of match sitations which is great for the umps :D

Blokes that were the guns 5-10 (and in some cases even longer) years ago still doing the bulk of the damage - but with a bit of player movement etc. during the off-season here's hoping for a rejuventated and better year in 09/10 :thumbsu:

Avenel and Alex still the one's to catch, Tallarook should be back in contention and Kilmore obviously with The Wiz in charge, Simon O'Donnell, Youngman (is that still happening :confused:) and a gun Pommy recruit will push pretty hard for a flag.

Kilmore to win the B's if they stick together as they will no doubt get 3-4 back who have been regular A-graders the past few years, whilst for me Tallarook for the C-grade if what Im hearing recruit wise actually comes off!!![/quote]

Have to disagree Doona, the pirates have recruited heavily during the off season with both Capuanos returning as well as Damo zoch, add to that a full year out of Agro thompson and dan zoch should see us take it out with ease lol (in theory) :D

Kilmore to win the B's if they stick together as they will no doubt get 3-4 back who have been regular A-graders the past few years, whilst for me Tallarook for the C-grade if what Im hearing recruit wise actually comes off!!![/quote]

Have to disagree Doona, the pirates have recruited heavily during the off season with both Capuanos returning as well as Damo zoch, add to that a full year out of Agro thompson and dan zoch should see us take it out with ease lol (in theory) :D

with that sort of quality joey surely a b grade side should have been registered or you guys just happy to smack us hacks around all yr??

Round one upon us fella's, who is scheduled to play who and which grounds will battle to get up a wicket up for the season opener? Any last minute recruits or clearances lodged?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The A-Grade competition has 8 sides:
- Alexandra
- Avenel
- Broadford
- Eastern Hill (Seymour)
- Kilmore
- Seymour
- Tallarook
- Yea

The Seymour DCA were in the fourth division at Melbourne Country Week last year, and probably should've been promoted.

However, the rep side last year did knock off Kyabram (Div. 1) and Shepparton in the McPherson Shield, eventually losing the final to Murray Valley (who won Div. 2 last year).

Thats some pretty impressive displays. We lost narrowly to Shepp @ Bendigo Country Week under lights. You guys got any ex Premier cricketers having a bash?

Thats some pretty impressive displays. We lost narrowly to Shepp @ Bendigo Country Week under lights. You guys got any ex Premier cricketers having a bash?

Off the top of me head, a few old Essendon 1st & 2nd XI boys (Trav Blackwell, Paul Arandt, Marcus Hill), Xavier Youngman spent time at Carlton I think, pretty sure Alex or maybe it was Thornton had a keeper/batsman who was at North Melbourne - there's quite a few SDCA lads sprinkled around District clubs also.

Off the top of me head, a few old Essendon 1st & 2nd XI boys (Trav Blackwell, Paul Arandt, Marcus Hill), Xavier Youngman spent time at Carlton I think, pretty sure Alex or maybe it was Thornton had a keeper/batsman who was at North Melbourne - there's quite a few SDCA lads sprinkled around District clubs also.

Yeah David Evans who plays for Thornton was an ex premier cricketer at North Melbourne and I think St Kilda also. In his early 40's now but still a very good player.

Any guys doing well in 1's or 2's down there? Can you give us some names. I used to play footy against guys like Brockway, O'Keefe, Mundy, Van Reit.

Round one upon us fella's, who is scheduled to play who and which grounds will battle to get up a wicket up for the season opener? Any last minute recruits or clearances lodged?

Kilmore's wicket is looking solid early with the outfield very green and lush will be perfect by Chrissy...Xav Youngman clearance is through for Kilmore as well...he ll probs only get one game in before shoulder surgery in late Oct i think but he ll be back after Christmas. New English kid looked the goods last week in a praccy match up at Cooma, very solid little bat, patient and good in the "V"...sharp in the field too...hopefully able to match it with the wiley old fellas in A grade this season ;):thumbsu:

Kilmore's wicket is looking solid early with the outfield very green and lush will be perfect by Chrissy...Xav Youngman clearance is through for Kilmore as well...he ll probs only get one game in before shoulder surgery in late Oct i think but he ll be back after Christmas. New English kid looked the goods last week in a praccy match up at Cooma, very solid little bat, patient and good in the "V"...sharp in the field too...hopefully able to match it with the wiley old fellas in A grade this season ;) :thumbsu:

I think I'd be more concerned about Benny being able to keep up with some of those KCC guys that do their best work "off-field" - 6 months out here could easily scar the kid forever :D

Any guys doing well in 1's or 2's down there? Can you give us some names. I used to play footy against guys like Brockway, O'Keefe, Mundy, Van Reit.

Glen Dowling I think is keeping for the 2nds at north melb i think and lachie Peterson was making a few runs in the 2nds there last year

Glen Dowling I think is keeping for the 2nds at north melb i think and lachie Peterson was making a few runs in the 2nds there last year

Couple of good Seymour CC young blokes there Fishy. I think big Dave Tomkins may have played 1st's at Essendon last Satdy?

I think I'd be more concerned about Benny being able to keep up with some of those KCC guys that do their best work "off-field" - 6 months out here could easily scar the kid forever :D

haha from the past two weekends that he s been here i think he knows he's in for a very fun 7 month stay :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back