Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly different sort drainage system up at Assumption than that on the Kilmore R.R. From what i hear there was "puddles the size of cars out there its like a lake" on the field on the club rooms side and the bowlers run ups at the golf course end was a fair mess.

O fair enough mate, just saying it was dispointing to finish the season that way and considering that two other teams playing in the same town managed 72 overs of play hurt even more.

The ground was wet i admit that, but as for puddles the size of cars was a bit of a w#nk, the inner circle was definently ok, as was the wicket, two significant wet areas were straight on the boundary (Trackside end) and infront of the rooms that was it, both the bowling run ups were fine except for a small patch coming from the trackside end nothing sawdust or some dry clippings would not of fixed.

In my opinion we could of got a game going and im sure if we finished second and your blokes third a game would of been played. Anyway its over now move on to the 09/10 season.

No one has posted a result from the Alexandra v Broadford s/f on the weekend. I know day 1 was washed out but was there any play at all on day 2 or was it a complete wash out which means Alex advance to take on Avenel ???? Anyone form Alex or Broadford care to fill us in on result, state of pitch etc. Thanks

A lot of credit to young Luke Brennan as well there Sheaf. Took over the Kilmore B Grade captaincy as a 20 year old this year and lead a very young team within 2 wickets of the Grand Final. With only 1 player over the age of 23, they were right up there until the dissapointing 1 wicket loss in the last round and then another close one today. Really lead from the front with plenty of wickets and chipped in with a few handy 30's and 40's.

agreed

No one has posted a result from the Alexandra v Broadford s/f on the weekend. I know day 1 was washed out but was there any play at all on day 2 or was it a complete wash out which means Alex advance to take on Avenel ???? Anyone form Alex or Broadford care to fill us in on result, state of pitch etc. Thanks

Started late yesterday also, Alex got to about 6/80 before stumps were called - meaning Avenel vs Alex is the GF. Im told a protest has been lodged with a tribunal hearing scheduled for Wednesday night in regards to the topic of wicket preparation (or lack of). SDCA handbook states (and was brought up last week at SDCA meeting) that all wickets were to be covered Friday night . . . . . . unsure how this one will play out :confused:

Started late yesterday also, Alex got to about 6/80 before stumps were called - meaning Avenel vs Alex is the GF. Im told a protest has been lodged with a tribunal hearing scheduled for Wednesday night in regards to the topic of wicket preparation (or lack of). SDCA handbook states (and was brought up last week at SDCA meeting) that all wickets were to be covered Friday night . . . . . . unsure how this one will play out :confused:

As tough as this may sound Alexandra should be made an example of, whats the point of having rules if there are no consequences to breaches of them. I understand that the game was being played at Yea but it is the responsibility of the home side to ensure that the covers are put on.

Yeah, very interesting on this and not sure which way it will go. Just another query was the Alexandra curator responsible for preparation of the pitch at Yea ? or did the Yea people prepare it ? I heard from a mate not involved in the game on Sautrday that covers were on but pitch was still too wet from Thursday obviously thats not right and if it was discussed and reiterated at the league meeting then it's certainly a pretty bad breach. I know that herbie from Alex posts every now and then it would be nice to get his version of events if he was involved in the game.

A lot of credit to young Luke Brennan as well there Sheaf. Took over the Kilmore B Grade captaincy as a 20 year old this year and lead a very young team within 2 wickets of the Grand Final. With only 1 player over the age of 23, they were right up there until the dissapointing 1 wicket loss in the last round and then another close one today. Really lead from the front with plenty of wickets and chipped in with a few handy 30's and 40's.

Definately a great season for Kilmore B-grade...we got close and almost got our fairytale result but you know...it happens....mouche has lead a talented-young team this year and next season looks promising...lets just hope it doesnt rain for the "grand final" rematch next season.
cos we all know in B- grade the best two teams played off last w/e

Definately a great season for Kilmore B-grade...we got close and almost got our fairytale result but you know...it happens....mouche has lead a talented-young team this year and next season looks promising...lets just hope it doesnt rain for the "grand final" rematch next season.
cos we all know in B- grade the best two teams played off last w/e
The second best team doesn't usually finish fourth, or are you suggesting that Broadford and Tallarook are the two best teams? If so thats pretty harsh on Nagambie I would have thought.;):p:D

The second best team doesn't usually finish fourth, or are you suggesting that Broadford and Tallarook are the two best teams? If so thats pretty harsh on Nagambie I would have thought.;):p:D

Well Lego i reckon you ll find with how close all the results were by the end of the yr that its fair to say that Kilmore, Broadie, and Tallarook could all put their hand up for the title of "top two" with Nagambie but Kilmore I think you would find has a stronger line up than either one of any of the other top 4 teams as they proved on the weekend and at other times during the yr...posting an almost unheard of score of 458 in 80 overs against the second placed Royals at the time, whilst also knocking over Seymour for a collective total of about 90 in two innings (which proved not that hard a task when u look at it). I think that if the last game against Broadie was in deed a two dayer instead of the one dayer it turned out to be...Broadford would definately have been found out agaisnt much stronger Bowling and Batting line up. But they took advantage of a toss which set it up for them and all credit it to them. In relation to the Rook it was disappointing that our only fixture against them was washed out on the second week because it was looking like an interesting last day at the time (pre-xmas).

Alexandra need to be made Example of. (Go Broadford).
And Guys the 2 best Sides always play off in the Grand Final.

Kilmore why do you guys have so many good young players in the B-Grade, dont they want to play A-Grade as Clearly your A-Grade need all the young Players you can get. Bit Harsh Sorry but true.

Alexandra need to be made Example of. (Go Broadford).
And Guys the 2 best Sides always play off in the Grand Final.

Kilmore why do you guys have so many good young players in the B-Grade, don't they want to play A-Grade as Clearly your A-Grade need all the young Players you can get. Bit Harsh Sorry but true.

Thats not always the case when you have 12 sides in a 14 round competition. Some sides have been well serviced by duel games against the weaker opposition and wash outs never help.

The younger blokes who have performed so well in B grade this season have really come along and thrived in an environment that solely relied on there own performance and not of the performance of seasoned veterans. They should all filter through into the A Grade side in the next two season were there will be real pressure on performance that has been lacking in the past and with any luck a new batch of young lads will fill the places of the 'graduation' b graders over the next few seasons.

Good Luck to Tallarook this weekend in taking on Nagambie and hopefully the rain stays away and they can put up a good show like Kilmore did by the sounds of it last week. It was our first year (Thornton) in the comp this year and we really enjoyed the season and almost made finals even though having no idea where we were on the ladder at all ( where do you find it ???). After copping some flak early after poor performances once we got a solid side together we won 5 of our last 6 games very easily (Lost to Nagambie) and were only 1 win away from finishing 2nd and this bodes well to hopefully a good season next year. Anyway we would just like to thank all the clubs for allowing us to join the league ( very close call i believe ) as if we didn't we wouldn't have had a side anywhere. So thanks again good luck to the Grand Finalists.

Well Lego i reckon you ll find with how close all the results were by the end of the yr that its fair to say that Kilmore, Broadie, and Tallarook could all put their hand up for the title of "top two" with Nagambie but Kilmore I think you would find has a stronger line up than either one of any of the other top 4 teams as they proved on the weekend and at other times during the yr...posting an almost unheard of score of 458 in 80 overs against the second placed Royals at the time, whilst also knocking over Seymour for a collective total of about 90 in two innings (which proved not that hard a task when u look at it). I think that if the last game against Broadie was in deed a two dayer instead of the one dayer it turned out to be...Broadford would definately have been found out agaisnt much stronger Bowling and Batting line up. But they took advantage of a toss which set it up for them and all credit it to them. In relation to the Rook it was disappointing that our only fixture against them was washed out on the second week because it was looking like an interesting last day at the time (pre-xmas).

No doubt you guys had some good performances but the ladder at the end of the home and away rounds is generally a pretty good indication of how sides have performed over the course of a season and not just in selective games. Broadford done enough over the season to finish in second position and so can rightly claim to have been the second best side over that period. Finals however are a different story and it comes down to who is in better form on that particular weekend, and if weather intervenes the higher finishing side has things stacked in their favour. Kilmore obviously turned out a good performance in their semi final and had Nagambie on the ropes but at the end of the day couldn't get the job done. Things may well of been different if play had not been affected by weather or indeed if you guys had made a bolder decleration at around 150 and allowed yourself more time to take the 10 wickets you needed to win. You can speculate all you like on what might have been but the fact is Kilmore finished fourth, both at the end of the season and after the finals and therefore have no claims on being the second best side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt you guys had some good performances but the ladder at the end of the home and away rounds is generally a pretty good indication of how sides have performed over the course of a season and not just in selective games. Broadford done enough over the season to finish in second position and so can rightly claim to have been the second best side over that period. Finals however are a different story and it comes down to who is in better form on that particular weekend, and if weather intervenes the higher finishing side has things stacked in their favour. Kilmore obviously turned out a good performance in their semi final and had Nagambie on the ropes but at the end of the day couldn't get the job done. Things may well of been different if play had not been affected by weather or indeed if you guys had made a bolder decleration at around 150 and allowed yourself more time to take the 10 wickets you needed to win. You can speculate all you like on what might have been but the fact is Kilmore finished fourth, both at the end of the season and after the finals and therefore have no claims on being the second best side.

A bolder declaration? we did manage to bowl 60 overs to them. but when it comes down to less than 1 percent separating 2nd and 4th one should have a look at the draw these sides had in getting to the finals. As i played ever game this year and i mean no disrespect to any other club this is just based on how there faired against us i would have them ranked
Nagambie Kilmore Avenel Tallarook Broadford Royals (would have been second but completely lost there way) Alexandra Thornton Yea Eastern Hill Seymour Pucka

A bolder declaration? we did manage to bowl 60 overs to them. but when it comes down to less than 1 percent separating 2nd and 4th one should have a look at the draw these sides had in getting to the finals. As i played ever game this year and i mean no disrespect to any other club this is just based on how there faired against us i would have them ranked
Nagambie Kilmore Avenel Tallarook Broadford Royals (would have been second but completely lost there way) Alexandra Thornton Yea Eastern Hill Seymour Pucka
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Broadford defeat Kilmore and Tallarook defeat Avenel in the last round? Thats why the ladder reflects what happens in all games and not just those involving Kilmore. I'm sure your not meaning to be disrespectful to other teams and are proud of what your young team achieved and thats fair enough but logic doesn't support your point of view that Kilmore are the second best team in B-Grade.
To put it simply, I'd say that after the home and away games Broadford were the second best team until that point, and as it sits now Tallarook are the second best team having beaten Broadford in the semi final.

The last few spots for the finals and just out were very close but I don't think the draw should be looked at too hard. I'm sure all teams in this bunch lost a game they should have won along the way which would have made the difference. We had a bit of a tough one ( Nagambie twice, seymour once in one dayer and 2 dayer v pucka abandoned) but we can't blame that on missing finals we just look forward to next year. You kilmore boys obviously had a good year but should look forward to another good year next year and finishing higher on ladder as this year is now over.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Broadford defeat Kilmore and Tallarook defeat Avenel in the last round? Thats why the ladder reflects what happens in all games and not just those involving Kilmore. I'm sure your not meaning to be disrespectful to other teams and are proud of what your young team achieved and thats fair enough but logic doesn't support your point of view that Kilmore are the second best team in B-Grade.
To put it simply, I'd say that after the home and away games Broadford were the second best team until that point, and as it sits now Tallarook are the second best team having beaten Broadford in the semi final.

And royals would have beaten tallarook early in the season if im not mistaken. This may be very true i am extremely proud of what my young side has achieve over the season and i firmly believe that we are the only side that could have beaten Nagambie this season whether it is because we matched up well or they didnt have a full side in i cannot definitively answer. When it comes down to mer percentage remember all three sides had 1 outrigth 6 win 2 draws and 5 losses a mer wicket cant separate a sides worth in the completion. And believe me i would have loved a chance to meet pucka twice in the season or at least in a two day game like the lads from the rook did. Again no disrespect to anyone and i congratulate tallarook on making the final and wish you luck:thumbsu:, you guys have had a fantastic season i just dont think that you guys have what it takes to match Nagambie or Kilmore for that matter

And royals would have beaten tallarook early in the season if im not mistaken. This may be very true i am extremely proud of what my young side has achieve over the season and i firmly believe that we are the only side that could have beaten Nagambie this season whether it is because we matched up well or they didnt have a full side in i cannot definitively answer. When it comes down to mer percentage remember all three sides had 1 outrigth 6 win 2 draws and 5 losses a mer wicket cant separate a sides worth in the completion. And believe me i would have loved a chance to meet pucka twice in the season or at least in a two day game like the lads from the rook did. Again no disrespect to anyone and i congratulate tallarook on making the final and wish you luck:thumbsu:, you guys have had a fantastic season i just dont think that you guys have what it takes to match Nagambie or Kilmore for that matter

1/ How does this statement support your argument that you were clearly the second best team?
2/ I may be wrong but I dont think we played Seymour in a 2 dayer and you may well have.
3/ I would have loved the chance to play Kilmore in a home Grand Final but unfortunately you guys couldn't get the job done against Nagambie.
4/ I don't know how your qualified to say that we can't match either Nagambie or Kilmore as one of your earlier posts states that your one game against us was evenly poised before being washed out.
5/ Only time will tell if we are any match for Nagambie but as far as Kilmore are concerned we finished above you and are through to a Grand Final, what more can we do.(see 3/)
I'd congratulate your young team on their efforts this season and look forward to next year with enthusiasm. If you continue beating your own drum like this you might just convince everyone that for such a talented and superior team you have been massive under-achievers.;)

I reckon when the season is all done and dusted and u can look back at all the results i think that whichever team wins the granny this week (which i think Nagambie might) it should be noted that the team that got closest to beating them should be noted as the second best team because Nagambie have shown all yr that they are a class above the rest. Kilmore were the only team not to lose to them (I think) but did draw and would have won if perhaps we had another 10-15 overs at them. No disrespect to tallarook or Broadford but i couldn t see either one of those teams taking it up to nagambie like Kilmore did on Nagambie's soil.

I reckon when the season is all done and dusted and u can look back at all the results i think that whichever team wins the granny this week (which i think Nagambie might) it should be noted that the team that got closest to beating them should be noted as the second best team because Nagambie have shown all yr that they are a class above the rest. Kilmore were the only team not to lose to them (I think) but did draw and would have won if perhaps we had another 10-15 overs at them. No disrespect to tallarook or Broadford but i couldn t see either one of those teams taking it up to nagambie like Kilmore did on Nagambie's soil.
What a croc!!
Does that mean that if Tallarook win the Grand Final all the teams that beat us during the year finish equal second??
I guess that means that North Melbourne finished equal second in the AFL last year because they beat Hawthorn once and got close a second time.
For the record,who did Kilmore lose to this season and does your theory mean that if you had won the G/F those sides would all have been awarded a premiership as they were clearly superior to the eventual winner,or is that loser(scratches head)?
I bet you wish you hadn't posted that now!!!

Wow all this banter should make the Kilmore v Tallarook B Grade game interesting next year. I think the post by TEDFNC was about spot on there were 7 teams within 1 game of each other on the ladder at the end of the season and a suprise loss or poor performance was the reasoning behind the final positions not the draw. Just think if T/Rook, Broady and Kilmore had lost 1 more game through the season they wouldn't have even been in the finals that's how close the comp was outside of Nagambie. The only thing people will remember in a year is who won the flag, not who finished where on the ladder, or the draw or who got close to who, only the winner.

1/ How does this statement support your argument that you were clearly the second best team?
2/ I may be wrong but I dont think we played Seymour in a 2 dayer and you may well have.
3/ I would have loved the chance to play Kilmore in a home Grand Final but unfortunately you guys couldn't get the job done against Nagambie.
4/ I don't know how your qualified to say that we can't match either Nagambie or Kilmore as one of your earlier posts states that your one game against us was evenly poised before being washed out.
5/ Only time will tell if we are any match for Nagambie but as far as Kilmore are concerned we finished above you and are through to a Grand Final, what more can we do.(see 3/)
I'd congratulate your young team on their efforts this season and look forward to next year with enthusiasm. If you continue beating your own drum like this you might just convince everyone that for such a talented and superior team you have been massive under-achievers.;)

Obviously i cant comment on the side that you had in that day but it was fair from kilmores best side when we crossed swords pre christmas and i think we still managed to racked up about 250. See the problem with a young side is that they arnt always available but when they are it makes it a lost easier. I think you have to prove your capable of taking it to Nagambie next week and i wish you the best of luck but i just cant see you guys getting up. I know this will contradict everything iv said but i would like nothing more than Nagambie to get done next week but i dont think you guys have the cattle.
Of the 5 games we have lost this season 3 have been gone to the last over with all results possible whether thats a sign that when the pressure was on late in the day a few young blokes didnt preform as well as they would have liked im not sure but in the end opinions are like arseholes everyones got one and it seems to me that a few think we were a better side than Tallarook.
As for next season i do look forward to our encounter next season as i always do probably because i always seem to make my annual score against your guys, that being said again i hope its a completely different b grade side to the one i was fortunate to lead this year because i would like nothing more than seeing these blokes doing it where it counts in A grade next year

Obviously i cant comment on the side that you had in that day but it was fair from kilmores best side when we crossed swords pre christmas and i think we still managed to racked up about 250. See the problem with a young side is that they arnt always available but when they are it makes it a lost easier. I think you have to prove your capable of taking it to Nagambie next week and i wish you the best of luck but i just cant see you guys getting up. I know this will contradict everything iv said but i would like nothing more than Nagambie to get done next week but i dont think you guys have the cattle.
Of the 5 games we have lost this season 3 have been gone to the last over with all results possible whether thats a sign that when the pressure was on late in the day a few young blokes didnt preform as well as they would have liked im not sure but in the end opinions are like arseholes everyones got one and it seems to me that a few think we were a better side than Tallarook.
As for next season i do look forward to our encounter next season as i always do probably because i always seem to make my annual score against your guys, that being said again i hope its a completely different b grade side to the one i was fortunate to lead this year because i would like nothing more than seeing these blokes doing it where it counts in A grade next year
You're right about opinions we do all have one, unfortunately yours is not supported by fact.
You still didn't tell us who you lost to.
As for a few thinking you were a better side than Tallarook.....check their locations, their all from Kilmore.

!

Tallarook 7dec-129 at Tea gave themself 40 Overs to Bowl the Avenel Boys Out, Avenel 3-106 at the end of play :thumbsu: S.Pearce 5 wickets and a catch plus 30 runs was the best player by far on the Day and Subba smashed 76 but it wasnt enough.

Avenel vs ????????? next week in GRAND FINAL.

Hopfuly the S.D.C.A Committie: Award Broadford the Win after
Alexandra Clearly didnt do the right thing by not putting the Covers on
(cheated) as they elected to play at Yea. No Excuse Alexandra.:thumbsdown:

An Example needs to be Made out of this so it dosent happen again
in the Future.
mate you are so far off the bloody mark its not funny, seriously people like you who throw around these wild and unfounded accusations do no good for anyone and give me the shits, what evidence supports your bullshit theory that we cheated? heres what happened; yea watered the ground on wednesday night in accordance to their general pitch preparation, the curator who works in melbourne genereally follows this with rolling on thursday friday and saturday however on thursday over an inch of rain was received, this made rolling on the thursday impossible and the pitch after two days of water was required to dry out before it could be prepared, the yea groundsman elected to leave the covers off on friday as it was not due to rain AND IT DID NOT RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT. he then managed to get the roller on on saturday morning and stated that the pitch was just playable, we arrived at the ground with a light spit of rain falling and asked the yea groundsman if we should put the covers on, he told us not to but not being cheats or wanting to seem as such we went and put in place the covers, unfortunately the access gate to the ground was locked and we then had to carry the covers over the fence and onto the wicket a process which took about 10-15 minutes and in this time the rain became heavier and approx 2mm fell on the wicket, due to the wicket being so wet underneath it was not able to take any more water as it was already on the brink and this shower had nowhere to drain to, it did not rain friday and we did not cheat, we did everything within our powers to ensure play was undertaken. IF THE COVERS WERE LAID ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT IN ACCORDANCE THEN NO PLAY WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE AS IT WOULDNT HAVE DRIED SUFFICIENTLY FOR ANY ROLLING. the handbook states the covers are to be removed by 830 am and had this been the case the wicket still would have copped the extra rain and hence NO PLAY AT ALL OVER THE TWO DAYS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE!!! for all you people calling us cheats take a bloody good hard look at yourselves as we to the contrary of your bullshit did everything we could to ensure play, p.s we know you avenel pr*cks hate alex and i assume your using this as a forum to rub our name in the dirt, shame on you winky and all of you other "experts" calling for our heads, get your facts straight

good to see some heat flying round grandfinal week:thumbsu:

sounds like avenel v alex is going to have a bit of fire about it! hopefully its a cracker of a game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back