Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez it's nearly going to be worth the trip just to see how Butch reacts when you tell him how you feel whilst not hiding behind an alias :eek:

I would be happy to have the conversation with him but not on Saturday as we have other things to focus on such as taking on the Kleenex Cicket Club again after beating them twice during the home and away season. The comment about his conflict of interest is still valid and a problem.

My comment on butch was made in jest. I know butch and have dealt with him. I know of his love and committment toward cricket in the SDCA and the same feelings extend to his beloved BCC.:thumbsu:

Pete Ingham proabably does deserve to be punished, as ive had a run in with him and distinctly remember him hurling abuse at juniors for those hitting him around the park or when dismissed. Even questioning the integrity of the umpire...:thumbsdown:
However its difficult to know when to draw the line on bad behaviour/questioning the integrity of the ump. There are numerous other players in higher grades who dont act well when it doesnt go their way and could possibly be dealt warnings, however the line between acceptable and unacceptable is blurred. I think Pete in this case is toward the top end of the scale, but if he is dealt a sentence then i think the league needs to crack down on all teams in all grades too

Good luck to all teams involved this weekend. They deserve to be in the position they are, despite whether others think not.:rolleyes:

Just been reading a bit on supercoach... what do u guys think for the 'all-star' team for the year from the a-grade. Off the top of my head...

L Watts
S Pearce
R McLeod
M Hill
P Arandt
R Douglas
R Akers
M Enrico
S Nicholl
T Blackwell (c)
B Boddington

J Green/L Atkins (12th)

J Smith-Williams, X Youngman, J Tarran, L Irving, D Martin, T Hede, L Richards, A Hinss, S Donovan, M Collier, M Irving would all be close contenders one would think too

I would be happy to have the conversation with him but not on Saturday as we have other things to focus on such as taking on the Kleenex Cicket Club again after beating them twice during the home and away season. The comment about his conflict of interest is still valid and a problem.

Doesn't have to be Saturday Herbie75, just as long as win, lose or draw you can go up to Kevin, identify yourself as the bloke who ran him down behind an alias on the net and tell him how you feel about his so called "conflict of interest" Think you'll find Butch is a pretty good bloke to talk to.

How about the Avenel CC, poor blokes have done nothing wrong, and now must sit around this weekend, whilst apparently have 1-2 players unavailable next weekend - where's the fairness in that?

Bit of shame all that has taken place this week (personally I dont agree with a re-match), it sure has opened up a can of worms that I hope come AGM time our club delegates can put measures in place so this never raised its head again.

Just been reading a bit on supercoach... what do u guys think for the 'all-star' team for the year from the a-grade. Off the top of my head...

L Watts
S Pearce
R McLeod
M Hill
P Arandt
R Douglas
R Akers
M Enrico
S Nicholl
T Blackwell (c)
B Boddington

J Green/L Atkins (12th)

J Smith-Williams, X Youngman, J Tarran, L Irving, D Martin, T Hede, L Richards, A Hinss, S Donovan, M Collier, M Irving would all be close contenders one would think too

Probably whack Lachie Atkins in there ahead of Ranga Akers, apart from that fair effort :thumbsu:

Doesn't have to be Saturday Herbie75, just as long as win, lose or draw you can go up to Kevin, identify yourself as the bloke who ran him down behind an alias on the net and tell him how you feel about his so called "conflict of interest" Think you'll find Butch is a pretty good bloke to talk to.

How about the Avenel CC, poor blokes have done nothing wrong, and now must sit around this weekend, whilst apparently have 1-2 players unavailable next weekend - where's the fairness in that?

Bit of shame all that has taken place this week (personally I dont agree with a re-match), it sure has opened up a can of worms that I hope come AGM time our club delegates can put measures in place so this never raised its head again.

Good point there Doona about players Avenel and players being unavailable they are the poor guys who have gone through and now could be disadvantaged in Grand Final even though they finished on top and won there semi. Interesting to see if it also effects the winner of this weeks game players wise next week.

Also 100% agree that something will happen in the offseason here to rectify what has happened. As I stated in a previous post how they came to a rematch is a mystery there were only 2 outcomes which should have happened
Alexandra found guilty - Broadford win
Alexandra not guilty - Alexandra win.

I'm sure the hierarchy aren't happy with whats happened either as they are the one's copping the flak over an independent tribunals decision

I'd be happy to. The fact remains that a league delegate has no place in screaming out parochial views from a club perspective. He must be a neutral observer in that role. His crime is not one worthy of hanging, and can be explained by emotion and passion, but nor am I guilty of any offence for raising the issue. Alex have brought plenty to this comp on and off the field, and have been treated very poorly this week. This comp has great potential, if the people involved open up their tunnel vision and try to drag it into this millinium.

The Decision Thats Been made during the Week looks like it might of Cost the Association a Cricket Team. Rumour has it that Wednesday this week 25th of March Avenel will hold talks with the Shepparton Cricket Association about Joining there Competition next Season so the decision might be more costly than they think. To me its a good idea to Go, better Standard of Cricket, Better Pitches & Umpires except (Mummfy) great umpire.

Maybe Mummfy can Umpire us Next week since we got F**ked over this week, thats the least the League could do after F**king us Around. :rolleyes:

The Decision Thats Been made during the Week looks like it might of Cost the Association a Cricket Team. Rumour has it that Wednesday this week 25th of March Avenel will hold talks with the Shepparton Cricket Association about Joining there Competition next Season so the decision might be more costly than they think. To me its a good idea to Go, better Standard of Cricket, Better Pitches & Umpires except (Mummfy) great umpire.

Maybe Mummfy can Umpire us Next week since we got F**ked over this week, thats the least the League could do after F**king us Around. :rolleyes:

That'll be a whole new bunch of clubs for you to work your way through and a whole new bunch of hats for you to collect mick.;)
I wonder if they let you put saw dust on the ground up there.

Yep Sure will, hey im surprised we didnt have to play again ethier it only seems fair Broadford get another Go why dosent Tallarook & kilmore against Nagambie in B-Grade.

If you like you can come up Next week after we win and Celebrate we are having Saw Dust Building Competitions out in the Middle come see who can build the Biggest Castle oh and Thanks for Suppling the Saw Dust. :p

HaHa just Kidding lol, Good Luck With B-Grade Grand Final..!

Yep Sure will, hey im surprised we didnt have to play again ethier it only seems fair Broadford get another Go why dosent Tallarook & kilmore against Nagambie in B-Grade.

If you like you can come up Next week after we win and Celebrate we are having Saw Dust Building Competitions out in the Middle come see who can build the Biggest Castle oh and Thanks for Suppling the Saw Dust. :p

HaHa just Kidding lol, Good Luck With B-Grade Grand Final..!

Haha. I'm tipping Chappy will win you're competition. I think he still spends he's days playing in a sand pit doesn't he?:D:p
Thanks for the good wishes and same to you guys for next week. Have you guys organized to have some sort of practice game this weekend or are you just having the weekend off? Is it true you have a couple of guys that can't play next week and if so who are they?

Winky1, i was connected to Heathcote C.C and also umpired in the S.D.C.A. For about 6 seasons in that time i umpired 4 A grade G/Finals.The point iam getting at people who have played the game most of their lives make better umpires most times,thats why Mummfy by all the reading on here is the best umpire the S.D.C.A. has got.Winky1 do not blame the S.D.C.A. For the standard of umpires i know for a fact they have tryed hard to entice people to take on umpiring with no success.But i must agree with u about the standerd of cricket it did drop of after a few years when Heathcote joined the S.D.C.A.this time i do not blame the current S.D.C.A.committee i blame the previous committees for not looking at the structure of the S.D.C.A. more closely this lead to H/cote moving back to their old league this come about the travel when Alex and Thorton came in the S.D.C.A.and iam not having a shot at Alex or Thorton.I would hope the S.D.C.A.sit down after the season and have a good talk about what direction they are heading to me they are not heading in the right direction and if anyone can get the S.D.C.A.in the right direction Butch can

Winky1, i was connected to Heathcote C.C and also umpired in the S.D.C.A. For about 6 seasons in that time i umpired 4 A grade G/Finals.The point iam getting at people who have played the game most of their lives make better umpires most times,thats why Mummfy by all the reading on here is the best umpire the S.D.C.A. has got.Winky1 do not blame the S.D.C.A. For the standard of umpires i know for a fact they have tryed hard to entice people to take on umpiring with no success.But i must agree with u about the standerd of cricket it did drop of after a few years when Heathcote joined the S.D.C.A.this time i do not blame the current S.D.C.A.committee i blame the previous committees for not looking at the structure of the S.D.C.A. more closely this lead to H/cote moving back to their old league this come about the travel when Alex and Thorton came in the S.D.C.A.and iam not having a shot at Alex or Thorton.I would hope the S.D.C.A.sit down after the season and have a good talk about what direction they are heading to me they are not heading in the right direction and if anyone can get the S.D.C.A.in the right direction Butch can

As two SDCA umps with nothing cricket related on today are we still on for that beer at the footy over in Lancefield old mate???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. I'm tipping Chappy will win you're competition. I think he still spends he's days playing in a sand pit doesn't he?:D:p
Thanks for the good wishes and same to you guys for next week. Have you guys organized to have some sort of practice game this weekend or are you just having the weekend off? Is it true you have a couple of guys that can't play next week and if so who are they?

After posts earlier this week maybe you's coulda played the Kilmore B-grade this weekend coz apparently they're gunna take the SDCA by storm in 2009/10 :D

After posts earlier this week maybe you's coulda played the Kilmore B-grade this weekend coz apparently they're gunna take the SDCA by storm in 2009/10 :D

Haha nice Doona. I think they should look at helping their A-grade string two wins together before taking on the whole SDCA first {Not bagging A-grade here, but there is talent in that team that doesnt seem to get used to its full potential :(}. But their enthusiasm, in the Bs, is unquestionable, which is great to see! :)

As two SDCA umps with nothing cricket related on today are we still on for that beer at the footy over in Lancefield old mate???

I have to work sorry, i would have liked to have a beer with u,and by the way iam sorry i left u out in being right up their with the best in cricket umpiring:thumbsu: in B grade:p

Did here maybe Avenel /Nagambie to hold talks with Shepparton a combined side we could be called Avanbie orNaganel

For sale

Sawdust never been used

contact Avenel cricket club

Touche. Very good:D
If anyone is intersted, in the B-Grade GF today Tallarook were bowled out for 148 and Nagambie in reply are 9/119 at the end of day 1. Looks like game on.
Does anyone know whats happening in the A-Grade semi.

Touche. Very good:D
If anyone is intersted, in the B-Grade GF today Tallarook were bowled out for 148 and Nagambie in reply are 9/119 at the end of day 1. Looks like game on.
Does anyone know whats happening in the A-Grade semi.

Batted first was the key, Wattsy the destroyer was he?

Alex were 5-60 odd at tea before scoring a very handy 9-250. Think the boys said Whitehead got 100 (dropped 4-5 times), Corey Jack got 50 or 60 with B'fords two left armers Douglas and McKenzie taking 3 wkts each.

Catches win matches someone once told me . . . . . .

Batted first was the key, Wattsy the destroyer was he?

Yeah the Cougar ( Wattsy) put us back into the game with 4/12 when Nagambie were right on top. The old bugger is still a star. Shit I hope he doesn't read this.lol.

Anyone know how the C graders went with Broadford V Kilmore?????

Kilmore got up over Broadie bowling Broaford all out for 78 i think with Brett Murphy taking 4 for and then Kilmore cruised home with the loss of 3 wickets with Steve Kinnear top scoring with 28 n.o...well done to Kilmore C graders and hopefully it can inspire a bit more an effort from the rest of the boys at the club for next yr : )

hey anybody get a final score in bford v alex rematch?? congrats 2 tallarool b grade

The Kleenex Cricket Club (as per post #303) just chased down Alex's 9/250 6 wkts down - Brett Cavigan got 86, Robbie Douglas 57, Mark Moran 48 with Alwin Neilson 20 not out & Redda Inness seeing the chase out.

All bullshit aside souds like a great game of cricket - not too often in this comp that both sides score good totals. Some quality batting, bowling and fielding (notice I didnt say catching u Broady boys) with a match going down to the wire for a change.

Well done also to Tallarook, Kilmore and Nagambie for their premiership wins in the minor grades :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back