Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Well Well ALEXANDRA what can i say But hey You cant Win it if your not in it, lots of mouthing off for a side that fell short hey Bad Luck i guess, and better luck next Season. Congrats Broadford & we will see you next Week hopefully the Rain stays Away and we can put on a good Match on for the Supporters and the Players of Corse. Cheers :)

Well done to Tallarook B-Grade, Kilmore C-Grade, Nagambie D-Grade for there wins over the week end.
If your not doing anything bring some beers and head up or down Avenel and come watch what should be a Ripper of a Grand Final next Week.

Definately a great season for Kilmore B-grade...we got close and almost got our fairytale result but you know...it happens....mouche has lead a talented-young team this year and next season looks promising...lets just hope it doesnt rain for the "grand final" rematch next season.
cos we all know in B- grade the best two teams played off last w/e

A bolder declaration? we did manage to bowl 60 overs to them. but when it comes down to less than 1 percent separating 2nd and 4th one should have a look at the draw these sides had in getting to the finals. As i played ever game this year and i mean no disrespect to any other club this is just based on how there faired against us i would have them ranked
Nagambie Kilmore Avenel Tallarook Broadford Royals (would have been second but completely lost there way) Alexandra Thornton Yea Eastern Hill Seymour Pucka

And royals would have beaten tallarook early in the season if im not mistaken. This may be very true i am extremely proud of what my young side has achieve over the season and i firmly believe that we are the only side that could have beaten Nagambie this season whether it is because we matched up well or they didnt have a full side in i cannot definitively answer. When it comes down to mer percentage remember all three sides had 1 outrigth 6 win 2 draws and 5 losses a mer wicket cant separate a sides worth in the completion. And believe me i would have loved a chance to meet pucka twice in the season or at least in a two day game like the lads from the rook did. Again no disrespect to anyone and i congratulate tallarook on making the final and wish you luck:thumbsu:, you guys have had a fantastic season i just dont think that you guys have what it takes to match Nagambie or Kilmore for that matter

I reckon when the season is all done and dusted and u can look back at all the results i think that whichever team wins the granny this week (which i think Nagambie might) it should be noted that the team that got closest to beating them should be noted as the second best team because Nagambie have shown all yr that they are a class above the rest. Kilmore were the only team not to lose to them (I think) but did draw and would have won if perhaps we had another 10-15 overs at them. No disrespect to tallarook or Broadford but i couldn t see either one of those teams taking it up to nagambie like Kilmore did on Nagambie's soil.[/quote]

Obviously i cant comment on the side that you had in that day but it was fair from kilmores best side when we crossed swords pre christmas and i think we still managed to racked up about 250. See the problem with a young side is that they arnt always available but when they are it makes it a lost easier. I think you have to prove your capable of taking it to Nagambie next week and i wish you the best of luck but i just cant see you guys getting up. I know this will contradict everything iv said but i would like nothing more than Nagambie to get done next week but i dont think you guys have the cattle.
Of the 5 games we have lost this season 3 have been gone to the last over with all results possible whether thats a sign that when the pressure was on late in the day a few young blokes didnt preform as well as they would have liked im not sure but in the end opinions are like arseholes everyones got one and it seems to me that a few think we were a better side than Tallarook.
As for next season i do look forward to our encounter next season as i always do probably because i always seem to make my annual score against your guys, that being said again i hope its a completely different b grade side to the one i was fortunate to lead this year because i would like nothing more than seeing these blokes doing it where it counts in A grade next year
Your wrong your wrong your wrong your wrong your wrong. God it must suck to be you guys.
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best and seeing that there were 5 or 6 teams that beat us through the year and Kilmore weren't one of them I figure that means that Kilmore are now ranked about 7th. But you guys can argue about that with the others, I'm just gunna continue to celebrate our B-Grade Premiership with my no good hack team mates.:p:D;):thumbsu:.

Your wrong your wrong your wrong your wrong your wrong. God it must suck to be you guys.
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best and seeing that there were 5 or 6 teams that beat us through the year and Kilmore weren't one of them I figure that means that Kilmore are now ranked about 7th. But you guys can argue about that with the others, I'm just gunna continue to celebrate our B-Grade Premiership with my no good hack team mates.:p:D;):thumbsu:.

Congrats to Nedda and all the Rook fella's, case of 4th time lucky in recent times but a just reward for those that hung in there :thumbsu:

No jazzy at work here today, take it he celebrated long and hard with ya's?

[/b]

[/b]

I reckon when the season is all done and dusted and u can look back at all the results i think that whichever team wins the granny this week (which i think Nagambie might) it should be noted that the team that got closest to beating them should be noted as the second best team because Nagambie have shown all yr that they are a class above the rest. Kilmore were the only team not to lose to them (I think) but did draw and would have won if perhaps we had another 10-15 overs at them. No disrespect to tallarook or Broadford but i couldn t see either one of those teams taking it up to nagambie like Kilmore did on Nagambie's soil.[/quote]

haha well done Lego congrats to Tallarook B grade on ya win :thumbsu:...made us boys look like a couple idiots now too haha :D...what were the final results for the game neway??

Hey Sheafa think is was something like Tallarook 148 & 0/100ish defeated Nagambie 119.

Hope to Get A Big Crowd at Avenel this Week-End for the Final, Maybe some of you Tallarook Boys might come up and Continue Celebrating and have a few Beers and cheers us on.

Doona you guna come up mate and have a look?

Hope to Get A Big Crowd at Avenel this Week-End for the Final, Maybe some of you Tallarook Boys might come up and Continue Celebrating and have a few Beers and cheers us on.

Doona you guna come up mate and have a look?

Footy at Thornton Saturday wink but Im hoping the boys make a better fist of it this year meaning there will still be plenty of cricket to be played on Sunday :thumbsu: Geez if your mail is true this could be Avenel's last match in the SDCA, Id never forgive myself if I didnt get there to have a beer with a few old opponents

Headed to Alex to watch the 2nd day of the semi final after hearing Alex posted a good score in 250. Was a great days cricket with the Broadford top order seemingly in control scoring quickly then some quick wickets then some steady batting to steer them closer a few missed chances by Alex that may have swung the game then the total chased down with only a couple of overs to go throw into that a couple of dubious umpiring decisions and it was a great days cricket. Full credit to both sides.
Also well done to Tallarook on winning the B Grade and denying Nagambie 3 in a row. Would have liked to have seen the Tallarooks odds of winning the flag a couple of games out from finals when they weren't in top 4 but obviously they had saved their best until the end and pulled off a big upset.

Any1 Coming up to Watch Avenels Last game in the S.D.C.A this weekend, should be a close contest hopefuly we can win one for the Road Bring on the Shepp Comp look out .

Any1 Coming up to Watch Avenels Last game in the S.D.C.A this weekend, should be a close contest hopefuly we can win one for the Road Bring on the Shepp Comp look out .
You talk as though this Shep thing is a foregone conclusion Wink, thats not quite what I've heard from others. How many players are you likely to lose because they dont want to travel to Shep every second game?
Good luck to both teams for this weekend. Lets hope it's a cracking game without any of the contraversy that surrounded the semi finals. Does anyone know if they are going with the same umpires that were originaly published?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee wink i hope the S.D.C.A give you a nice big jar of vaso a teddy and a few nice pillows to cuddle up to at night after you leave cos after CP-SB knock up 1000 against you i doubt anyone will want to go back to have their assholes widened some more.. Shep crickets got its new gimp

Gee wink i hope the S.D.C.A give you a nice big jar of vaso a teddy and a few nice pillows to cuddle up to at night after you leave cos after CP-SB knock up 1000 against you i doubt anyone will want to go back to have their assholes widened some more.. Shep crickets got its new gimp

Everyone knows gimps dont use pillows or teddys

Cant be any worse than what Broadford did to Alexandra last week, the higgest chase in a semi good stuff Alexandra, 2 Bowlers short of being a good side i think. oh well they might have a better chance of making it with one less side in the comp next season bit Cocky i think.
Quote One Day final after Getting Smashed Said we will see you again in the Grand Final i dont think So AVENEL vs BROADFORD saturday sunday i dont see alex there got to be in it to win it.

Cant be any worse than what Broadford did to Alexandra last week, the higgest chase in a semi good stuff Alexandra, 2 Bowlers short of being a good side i think. oh well they might have a better chance of making it with one less side in the comp next season bit Cocky i think.
Quote One Day final after Getting Smashed Said we will see you again in the Grand Final i dont think So AVENEL vs BROADFORD saturday sunday i dont see alex there got to be in it to win it.
Whats alexandra got to do with the size of your arseh*le being increased by the good lads of the shep cricket association?.. Got me stumped but one things clear you sure dont like alexandra, how has that got anything to do with my previous post? :confused: that and the fact you will get pillaged 2 out of every 3 games

Similar scenario to last year at stumps on day one of the decider, Avenel again batting first, posting a defendable score with Broadford 2 wkts down in pursuit.

Word on the street early today said the Swans were 2/0 before getting busy on their way to 228 all out. Steve Donovan top scored with 72, Hinnsy after being dropped on 2 went on to get 62, Mick Enrico posted a very handy 55. Trav Blackwell took 6/60 odd from 27 overs to lead the red & black attack.

In reply Broadford are 2/50 odd, Moran (7) & Douglas (16) back in the pavillion, Mitch Collier & Brett Cavigan both unbeaten on 14. Let's hope the opening session aint as one-sided as day two last year and the run chase is an entertaining one for spectators . . . . . still a bit of cricket to be played in this one.

Similar scenario to last year at stumps on day one of the decider, Avenel again batting first, posting a defendable score with Broadford 2 wkts down in pursuit.

Word on the street early today said the Swans were 2/0 before getting busy on their way to 228 all out. Steve Donovan top scored with 72, Hinnsy after being dropped on 2 went on to get 62, Mick Enrico posted a very handy 55. Trav Blackwell took 6/60 odd from 27 overs to lead the red & black attack.

In reply Broadford are 2/50 odd, Moran (7) & Douglas (16) back in the pavillion, Mitch Collier & Brett Cavigan both unbeaten on 14. Let's hope the opening session aint as one-sided as day two last year and the run chase is an entertaining one for spectators . . . . . still a bit of cricket to be played in this one.

DE JA VU . . . . . Broadford got to 3/74 then bang!!!! All out 114. Mitch Collier's 24 the best, John Green collecting 6-40 odd in the massacre. Congrats to Avenel whom in my opinion seem to be the only club that can field 11 actual 1st grade calibre cricketers week in week out - they continue to set a standard that rival clubs are short of so perhaps the suggested move north is their next challenge???

Bad luck to Broady, stick together boys and who knows 3rd time lucky might be the go in 09/10. Was it just one loss after Xmas? Unfortunately it had to be the one that hurts most, but with all 4 sides having good years and contesting finals Id still say your club is still in better shape than most.

So who ended up taking home the awards in each grade? quote]
Taken straight from the Telegraphy website
April 1 2009
Seymour Telegraph

The Seymour District Cricket Association presentation night was held last Friday with 50 people in attendance.
Winners and runners-up in all grades are:
A-grade
Batting average: Robert Douglas (Broadford) 625 runs, 69.44 average; Marcus Hill (Alexandra) 304 runs, 43.43 average.
Bowling average: Jason Tarran (Tallarook) 202 runs, 28 wickets, 7.21 average; Shaun Pearce (Avenel) 303 runs, 30 wickets, 10.10 average.
All rounder: Robert Douglas (Broadford) 935 points; Shaun Pearce (Avenel) 679.
Frank Zanelli Medal: Robert Douglas (Broadford) 20.5 points; Jason Tarran (Tallarook) 13.5.

B-grade
Batting average: Luke Nolan (Nagambie) 414 runs, 103.50 average; Daniel Evans (Thornton) 360 runs, 60.00 average.
Bowling average: Brendan Kersten (Broadford) 164 runs, 20 wickets, 8.20 average; Tristan Murray (Nagambie) 192 runs, 23 wickets, 8.35 average.
All rounder: Tristan Murray (Nagambie) 527 points; Simon Hepburn (Nagambie) 511 points.
John Gadd Medal: Tristan Murray (Nagambie) 12 points; Adrian Phelps (Thornton) 10.

C-grade
Batting average: Steven Miller (Avenel) 342 runs, 57.00 average; H. Davis (Royals) 275 runs, 45.83 average.
Bowling average: Trent Bradshaw (Broadford) 234 runs, 21 wickets, 11.14 average.
All rounder: Daniel Zoch (Pyalong) 478 points; H. Davis (Royals) 455.
Lawrie Boyd Medal: Chris Jones (Avenel) 11 points, Steven Miller (Avenel) 11, Kyle Redenbach (Broadford) 9, Brad Bruce (Nagambie) 9, Daniel Zoch (Pyalong) 9, H. Davis (Royals) 9.

Under-16
Batting average: Brandyn Grenfell (Tallarook) 365 runs, 91.25 average; Josh Aiken (Avenel) 227 runs, 45.40 average.
Bowling average: Brandyn Grenfell (Tallarook) 101 runs, 17 wickets, 5.94 average; Dylan Scopel (Avenel) 128 runs, 20 wickets, 6.40 average.
All rounder: Brandyn Grenfell (Tallarook) 605 points; Daniel Bergowicz (Eastern Hill) 419.
Ken Hall Medal: Brandyn Grenfell (Tallarook) 17 pts, Jessie Clements (Yea Tigers).

Under-14
Batting average: Kyle Winter-Irving (Nagambie) 260 runs, 260.00 average; J. Slattery (Kilmore) 147 runs, 147.00 average.
Bowling average: Jarrod Flint (Tallarook) 70 runs, 11 wickets, 6.36 average; M. Vearing (Avenel) 57 runs, 8 wickets, 7.4 average.
All rounder; Joshua Prudden (Eastern Hill) 427 points, A. Chisholm (Yea Tigers) 396.
Sam Watts Medal: Joshua Prudden (Eastern Hill) 20 pts, B. Martin (Nagambie) 14, A. Chisholm (Yea Tigers) 14.

Other awards
Kookaburra Sports Rising Star award under-16:
October: Jake Sutherland (Royals); November: Michael Farrer (Tallarook); December: Jessie Chelemts (Yea Tigers); January: Lyndon Purcell (Alexandra); February: Dylan Scopel (Avenel).
Overall winner: Brandyn Grenfell (Tallarook).
Country Week awards:
Juniors, A-grade, under-16: Mark Nolan (Avenel); B-grade under-16: Ben Holman (Yea Tigers); Under-14 A: Kyle Winter-Irving (Nagambie); Under-14 B: Kieran O'Connor (Avenel).
Melbourne Country Week: Leigh Irving (Tallarook).
Seniors Kookaburra Sport overall winner: Robert Douglas (Broadford).
Certificates of appreciation

Certificate of Appreciation awards were presented to the following people in appreciation of valued service to the SDCA throughout the season.
Brett Williams: A-grade under-16 coach Junior Country Week.
John Bassett: B-grade under16 coach Junior Country Week.
Tim Muir: under-14 coach Junior Country Week.
Tony Lee: under-14 coach Junior Country Week.
Travis Blackwell: coach McPherson Shield, Seniors Melbourne Country Week.
Glen Pollock: coach McPherson Shield under-17.
Aaron Hinss; coach McPherson Shield under-13.
Jim Winter-Irving: coach McPherson Shield under-13.
Ray Cowell: manager Melbourne Country Week.

Premiers and runners-up
A-grade, Bill Kinsman Shield: Avenel, runner-up Broadford.
B-grade, Graeme Cole Shield: Tallarook, runner-up Nagambie.
C-grade, Ken Hammond Memorial Shield: Kilmore, runnerup Broadford Red.
D-grade, Peter Liepins Shield: Nagambie, runner-up Flowerdale.
Under-16, Jim Gribbin Shield: Avenel, runner-up Tallarook.
Under-14, Ken Daniel Shield: Tallarook, runner-up Avenel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back