Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a quick look at the Seymour V Eastern Hill A grade on Saturday Hill looked to have it in the bag when I left, seen a couple of interesting things with the Seymour team one being the former Pyalong captain playing for them, and a very young Eastern Hill player in the Seymour team, they dont even wait for them to finish there junior carreers befor they start poaching them now.

Thornton 10/91 lost to Broadford 7/100 - runs hard to come by for all batsmen on a slow outfield with I think only 1 batsmen from each side passing 20, standout performance was probably the left arm bowler from Broadford (McKenzie?) who came on later in the innings and bowled well and quick to clean up our innings

Kilmore A grade defeated Tallarook at home...Kilmore batting first all out for 199, Ben Barrow 60, Trav Hede 52, L. Irving, J Tarran and S Watts all picking up 2 for with a few run outs at the end, Tallarook finished up 7 for 148 (i think) with Trav Muir making 83

Had a quick look at the Seymour V Eastern Hill A grade on Saturday Hill looked to have it in the bag when I left

hill won bye 8 wickets with a few overs to spare.
Hill Bs went down fairly easily to Kilmore, Matt O'Sullivan getting a fifty, will he keep playing?
Hill Cs and Alex played a tie.

Whatever happened to website, I think they tried to get it going last year, but since then it hasn't even been touched. It would be nice if they could get it up and running, that way we wouldn't be relying on gossip within this thread to get the results each weekend.

Whatever happened to website, I think they tried to get it going last year, but since then it hasn't even been touched. It would be nice if they could get it up and running, that way we wouldn't be relying on gossip within this thread to get the results each weekend.
Most of the guys running the sdca are imo not to savvy with the technology required to run the website, whats needed is a few younger guys with skills in these fields to step up.
Bet none will, its easier to complain about it then it is to get involved and help fix it.

Most of the guys running the sdca are imo not to savvy with the technology required to run the website, whats needed is a few younger guys with skills in these fields to step up.
Bet none will, its easier to complain about it then it is to get involved and help fix it.

C'mon you young fella's . . . . LIFT!!!

11am Sunday 2nd November Twenty/20 Kilmore v Broadford at KCC.

Kilmore will host traditional neighbouring town rivals Broadford in what is predicated to be an epic battle for supremacy. Adding to the spice is the defection of T Blackwell from Broadford to his new home at Hunts road. Both sides boast raw attacking talent with the likes of T Hede and J Collis from Kilmore and N Blackwell and J Ingham from Broaford which should ensure an enthralling spectacle.
All are welcome and encouraged to get along and witness what is to be an entertaining match and with $3 cans who can complain

Kilmore will host traditional neighbouring town rivals Broadford in what is predicated to be an epic battle for supremacy. Adding to the spice is the defection of T Blackwell from Broadford to his new home at Hunts road. Both sides boast raw attacking talent with the likes of T Hede and J Collis from Kilmore and N Blackwell and J Ingham from Broaford which should ensure an enthralling spectacle.
All are welcome and encouraged to get along and witness what is to be an entertaining match and with $3 cans who can complain

Defection :D

I'm predicating a Kilmore whitewash.

Yea face Thornton on Sunday at home. Will field a very young side, mixed with a couple of A boys so should be an even contest

Just looking on the Elders weather website. Predicting thunderstorms for Seymour, with a 60% chance of between 1-5mm of rain and a top of 30! Strange old day, lets hope the rain holds of and we can complete a full round in the SDCA and see some quality cricket played.

From what I've heard, it's an SDCA organised competition, seperate to their regular season. And all clubs, not just the A-Grade clubs enter a side. So there's the Pyalong boys, Nagambie, Thornton, all having a chance to play against sides they otherwise wouldn't...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've heard, it's an SDCA organised competition, seperate to their regular season. And all clubs, not just the A-Grade clubs enter a side. So there's the Pyalong boys, Nagambie, Thornton, all having a chance to play against sides they otherwise wouldn't...

Yeah it's an open comp so clubs can play who they like in the 20/20 side.
We will be looking at giving the young guys a go as it will be good for them playing against good cricketers. Only issue I have is the timing of the first game this weekend which to most people is a long weekend.
Hav found it a bit tough to find enough players keen to play both days but we are looking forward to the game at Yea nonetheless should be good fun and definitely entertainment for any spectators

Yeah it's an open comp so clubs can play who they like in the 20/20 side.
We will be looking at giving the young guys a go as it will be good for them playing against good cricketers. Only issue I have is the timing of the first game this weekend which to most people is a long weekend.
Hav found it a bit tough to find enough players keen to play both days but we are looking forward to the game at Yea nonetheless should be good fun and definitely entertainment for any spectators

Haha, any spectators! hard to get people to the cricket any day of the week. but i spose a sunday arvo of a long weekend playing 20 20 is a good a chance as any. we using a white or pink ball? watchd one at burwood last year and they used a pink rock. was a odd evening

Any score from todays action?

A Grade: Kilmore beat E/Hill by 1 wicket in very hot conditions on what can only be described as a beach with that amount of sand on the infield. E/Hill made 9/172 R Hager batting well for 60odd and Kilmore were about 1-100 before losing their way a bit before a handy little last wicket partnership of 20odd saw them home in the last over. S Heather made 50odd and something like 24 byes help out too.

Any score from todays action?

A Grade: Kilmore beat E/Hill by 1 wicket in very hot conditions on what can only be described as a beach with that amount of sand on the infield. E/Hill made 9/172 R Hager batting well for 60odd and Kilmore were about 1-100 before losing their way a bit before a handy little last wicket partnership of 20odd saw them home in the last over. S Heather made 50odd and something like 24 byes help out too.

Gunna be very hard shortly to get anything over $2.00 for a Kilmore CC flag

Copy and pasted from the BigCricket thread:
Round 3

A-Grade
Alexandra 4/138 def. Broadford 9/127
Avenel 1/243 def. Seymour 9/165
Kilmore 9/174 def. Eastern Hill 9/172 (cc)
Tallarook 7/173 def. Yea Tigers 107

B-Grade
Nagambie 6/148 def. Broadford 7/147
Avenel 5/98 def. Yea Tigers 8/97
Tallarook 3/226 def. Seymour 160
Alexandra 7/137 def. Royals 8/126

C-Grade
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/49 def. Broadford Black 7/45
Avenel 4/105 def. Thornton 102
Flowerdale 4/165 def. Tallarook 153
Broadford Red 5/193 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 186
Pyalong 6/126 def. Kilmore 124

Gunna be very hard shortly to get anything over $2.00 for a Kilmore CC flag

Surely Avenal would still be favourites, they've won their games convincingly!?! On paper Avenal would have them covered, particularly with a bowling line up of Dowling, Pearce, Green and Tingay?! Any thoughts?

Kilmore's undefeated after playing bford, seymour and an undermanned tallarook; will be interested to see how they play when they have to play Avenal or a Full-strength Alex side.

B Grade

Kilmore 8/162 cc defeated by Thornton 6/165 off 35 overs

Thornton had Kilmore 5/40 before a good partnership between Smith and Walsh ? both making about 50. Mark Currie took 5/23 off 9. Thornton got off to a slow start but Tim Phelps was the mainstay and the runs started flowing quickly as we got the runs with just over 10 overs to go with Tim Phelps making 80 no.

big call doona...early days yet, but the boys are going along ok atm...still haven t played Avenal or Alex yet

Not a big call at all, Kilmore for the first time in years are sending out 11 legitimate A-grade quality players each Saturday which is half the battle.

Well done yesty too mate, u went quite well Im told :thumbsu:

Not a big call at all, Kilmore for the first time in years are sending out 11 legitimate A-grade quality players each Saturday which is half the battle.

Well done yesty too mate, u went quite well Im told :thumbsu:

Just saying that until we ve taken on Avenal at least its hard to say where we re at i guess...and cheers mate in a bit of a purple patch atm...we did do our best to lose the game mind you haha

Just saying that until we ve taken on Avenal at least its hard to say where we re at i guess...and cheers mate in a bit of a purple patch atm...we did do our best to lose the game mind you haha

Yep 9/150 I see chasing a tick over 170, Wilkins and Mumfy getting it done was it or young Hanson???

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back