Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hauser apparently(didnt see it my self) hit the sports stadium at chittick park on the full, Marc Peterson hit a cut shot for six at chittick park everyone who was there(young&old)said they hadnt seen that done before, I saw biggles Brown hit one over our rooms

i witnessed one Jordan Tamblyn ( C grade skipper come Hockey pro ) smash i think it was Pete Ingham over the shed at Hume And Hovell.. the far shed near the entrance that is.. and it was heck i n g huge.. and you bet, Peter Ingham was absolutely delighted :D

congratulations to Joey on the weekend.. best ton ive ever seen be hit in the SDCA.. showed good determination to stick it out all day in the heat.. with his battling body to be out there for 68 overs and make a ton is a brilliant effort.. something great to watch on and to learn from.. mind you he faced spin for at least 35-40 overs and still maintained a level head not to go for the short boundries.. hit some beautiful 4's and 6's but still hung around.. only gave 2 decent chances, but both dropped and they were very hard one's.. top job joey :thumbsu:

Can anyone who is not Working tomorrow get in contact with Mick Enrico in regards to Melb Country week.
The poor buggers Apaarently tried their backsides off today but ended up getting smashed & aparently only have 8 in for tomorrow Tue 20th of Feb.
They really need players urgently.
Get in contact with me on 0424884318 if u do not have Micks contact details but that is his correct phone number in an earlier post under wink.

I would love to play but work commitments wont allow me and im not up to this standard of cricket.

So if anyone knows anyone let me know.

Cheers
Sol

l had teddy sol put me into the flats across from bennet oval, brad polson hit me for six that was only 4 ft of the ground all the way to the longest part of avenel, jonesy,johnny burns are the only two lve seen hit the ball over the avenel rooms ,brett barnes was the first avenel person to hit the hill, beefy edwards cut one for six of mic layton into the rooms and chris jones hit 4 in a row off carby

biggest one ive ever seen was sammy steers landing one on the netball courts at nagambie. being a left hander, it was from the far end and was a lofted shot over a wide mid on. he also used the biggest bat ive ever seen.

Can anyone who is not Working tomorrow get in contact with Mick Enrico in regards to Melb Country week.
The poor buggers Apaarently tried their backsides off today but ended up getting smashed & aparently only have 8 in for tomorrow Tue 20th of Feb.
They really need players urgently.
Get in contact with me on 0424884318 if u do not have Micks contact details but that is his correct phone number in an earlier post under wink.

I would love to play but work commitments wont allow me and im not up to this standard of cricket.

So if anyone knows anyone let me know.

Cheers
Sol
scores today from country week were seymour all out for 116 4 for none at ones stage batsman to make score were dallas bergowisz made 42 apparntly batted very well ralph made 28 and some late order hitting by smith 4 a quick fire 28 all the other batsam failed to make double figures of 43 overs in reply yarra valley made around 220 of 41 overs all out with clint capuano been the pick of the bowlers with 5/37 of 8.4 overs seymour also had to bat agin for 10 overs and were 3/40 with bergowisz and capuano the not out batsman

Lads. How bout this for a topic. Biggest 6 seen hit and only in the SDCA.

I have seen SLab put one halfway up Bryce street which is the street that Maccas top shop use to stand at the top off.

I have seen Hauser nail a front yard in Pollard street.

I have heard from Watso that Tony Barnes hit one at the Seymour Tech High that was still going up it hit the net at the back of some Goulburn Street houses & I remember Dave Mundy landing one on Pollard street and finished in Barry Richards Truck Yards.

I also herad on Saturdy at the Seymour rooms that Trav CLydesdale landed one on the IGA roof(great effort That)

Would be interested on some stories.

Espscially form some Avenel fellas - Chris Jones has got a knack of hitiing em

Whoever told you that was messing with you Sol. That is utter rubbish.

Thought it might of been. One of the Challis boys filled me in on it

For starters, you'd have to be a left-hander to land one on IGA. Apparently Doc Peterson got on to one that landed and Pollard St and hit the back on the first bounce, but that is about as big as they have been hit in that direction.
There was a fine 6 hit to the clubrooms end a few years back. After bouncing on the concrete out the front, the ball went through the front door, hit one of the pillars inside the rooms then ricocheted out the side door.

Thought it might of been. One of the Challis boys filled me in on it

Maybe Wink1 heard that tale a few years back as well??? Climbed up there to get it! couldn't find it! Decided no point going home empty handed, I'II take the La Porcetta man instead.:p

Can someone from E/Hill can confirm or dismiss the tale of Kevin Hall hitting one straight OVER the gum trees at Kings Park??, apparently it was still on its way up when it cleared them

For starters, you'd have to be a left-hander to land one on IGA. Apparently Doc Peterson got on to one that landed and Pollard St and hit the back on the first bounce, but that is about as big as they have been hit in that direction.
There was a fine 6 hit to the clubrooms end a few years back. After bouncing on the concrete out the front, the ball went through the front door, hit one of the pillars inside the rooms then ricocheted out the side door.

Trav Parker hit one that landed where the skate park is now, was quite funny because before he batted he was in 2minds as to weather his new Duncan fernly was ready to use in a game!!

Ok i shall bite... Have heard this urban legend before grandale and rumour has it was off a younger joey tarran with the batsman declaring to put him over his head first ball of the game.... Truth is the six you talk of was the second ball correct??? What i haven't heard is how many did the batsmen go onto make?

Also to the delight of big footy readers whilst enjoying a coke in the "super box" at chittick park myself and lockie peterson went ducking for cover only to watch a ball sail over the rooms and into the car park. Batsmen was Ian Satori from shepp and bowler was a younger chubbier Stewart Peterson...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive been told that beefy from the hill hit 1 that hit the very top of the goal post at kings park and called a 4

Butch Inness landed one on the netball courts at Broadford, one bounce over onto the Salvation Army nature strip. Dunno if it was Butch or old Blacky that put one in the swimming pool also. Butch also put former Tallarook bowler thru the goals and onto Hamilton Street.

Was told by former Kilmore & Broadford legend David Green this morning that Greg Hanson also scored 3 centuries in succession in the 80's. Long time between drinks

Ok i shall bite... Have heard this urban legend before grandale and rumour has it was off a younger joey tarran with the batsman declaring to put him over his head first ball of the game.... Truth is the six you talk of was the second ball correct??? What i haven't heard is how many did the batsmen go onto make?

LOL. Yes, it was off Joey Tarran and I actually think it was the third ball so the fast-talking batsman did fail to live up to his promise.
If memory serves me correct I believe he made 49.

i hear Joey pollock got 3 wickets and had 3 dropped yesterday at CW. Could he be the secret weapon to the Rooks flag hopes?

l seen a six at kilmore that hit the dead tree at the racecourse end then landed in BROADFORDwere Doon cross bat slogged it to tallarook then L.Conway snicked to SEYMOUR were GRANDALE in true form landed it at BENNET oval but thats were it stayed as they were to busy fighting to see it land

the biggest six ihave seen mick enrico from pollard street end ball landed next to club rooms car park end game against singapore this year

l seen a six at kilmore that hit the dead tree at the racecourse end then landed in BROADFORDwere Doon cross bat slogged it to tallarook then L.Conway snicked to SEYMOUR were GRANDALE in true form landed it at BENNET oval but thats were it stayed as they were to busy fighting to see it land

LOL. Nice work Jobby.

any scores from country week fellas i cant seem to find scores anywhere

on tuesday the boys had a tough loss to benalla. knocked em over for about 140, w seymour being bowled out for 110. ralphy being the best of the bats w 30 odd. benalla batted again n smashed the boys around w one hit of bergowitz leaving the ground and out onto the main drag!

wednesday provided the team w the one n only win for the week against then top side wangaratta. batting first enrico got the lads of to a flyer smashin 59 of not many deliveries includin 2 massive 6's of a quick pommy bowler. the 2 yea boys ranger akers n lachie atkins then combined for a fair dig till atkins was out for 83 n akers made a quality 109. bergowitz made a handy 25* to see seymour reach 313 of 50 overs. wang put up a fair fight in reply being bowled out for roughly 280. wickets shared b/n hanley (3), enrico (3), ralph (2) and miller from yea (1)

dont know the specifics of todays game but know seymour lost chasing 240 odd. ended up w only 180, w ranger again scoring well with 60 odd. know they were again strugglin for numbers which is a bit disappointing...also a good showing on win news by seymour skipper stuie hanley, definitely got a good mug for tv!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back