Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah sorry man im still trying to find them out myself....howd you go ne ways??

broady resumed at 1/65 chasing 175.. got some nice early wickets.. then chippa fell.. then we looked the goods at 6/100 odd.. then young ingham and dunne put a few on and mitch collier joined jimmy to finish it up.. broadford all out for 236?? sent us back in for i suppose something to do and we were 0/78 off 12ish.. youngman smashing a quick fire fifty.. pick of seymour bowlers was chris mulraney.. i took a catch at square leg.. thats about it :eek:

how bout yourself??

also, does anybody know anything about how zubby went in the country VS metro under 21 champs yesty?

i did see one tommy stevens on saturday nite after copping a hiding on fridy nite and yes.. he was still drinking folks.. using a straw to drink his cruisers.. but then went home!! seemed as sober as a judge and it was only 12!! was very shocked.. young jimmy ingham hit a handy 50 on satdy to probably lead broady to victory.. can hit a ball very hard, beautiful judgement and timing, rarely talks.. blocks out everything and just gets on with it.. impressed when heard it was his first A grade knock and he is only 14!!

Shock, horror. A young cricketer who doesn't feel the need to mouth off...

Shock, horror. A young cricketer who doesn't feel the need to mouth off...

why is mouthing off such a bad thing for young kids???....i was told at the home of yea young kids there are incouraged....its all bout the competetive edge....sometimes sledging is the only thing that keeps you in the game....but dont get me wrong bad sledging is not on. but however i dont seem ne harm from sledging....at the end of the day it's just another game of cricket...

why is mouthing off such a bad thing for young kids???....i was told at the home of yea young kids there are incouraged....its all bout the competetive edge....sometimes sledging is the only thing that keeps you in the game....but dont get me wrong bad sledging is not on. but however i dont seem ne harm from sledging....at the end of the day it's just another game of cricket...

Because most of the time the youngsters that are doing the yapping are talking utter schizenhausen and have absolutely no respect for the people that are sledging.
Hey, I'm all for a bit of banter, but it should try to be used constructively.

Anyone who is interested in seeing Aussie cricket legend David Boon in person should get down the Seymour Cricket Clubrooms on Friday 2 March, where the little fella will be the club's special guest at a Cricket Night.
Tickets (which can be purchased on the night) are just $30, which includes a light supper, with the action expected to get away around 7.30pm.
EVERYONE is welcome.
While I'm plugging SCC social events, some of you may also be interested to know the Maroons are holding their annual Golden Casket ($1000 Draw) this Saturday night. Tickets are just $40, which gets you $1 pots/$3 spirits all night and the chance to win $1000.
Anyone interested in a ticket private message me and I'll hook you up.

While I'm plugging SCC social events, some of you may also be interested to know the Maroons are holding their annual Golden Casket ($1000 Draw) this Saturday night. Tickets are just $40, which gets you $1 pots/$3 spirits all night and the chance to win $1000.
Anyone interested in a ticket private message me and I'll hook you up.

Lancefield CC has a last man standing draw on Feb 25 with tickets $10. First prize is $1000 and it's free beer and wine for 3 hours.

The Yea kids obviously dont listen to Nicho then coz I have had them 3 times this year and they are one of the best behaved youngsters in the comp. Yeah they are competitive but it is pure cricket related talk, nothing personal and never disrespectful.

There's an old saying, talk the talk, walk the walk . . . . from where I watching the cricket these days, the guys doing the yapping fail to back it up with their cricketing actions or abilities.

Think there referring to the ones that give the lip but cant back it.
We all think its great if you can sledge & be good at it and it can work for the teams favor.

But these days us young fellas are gobbing off with no runs coming of the bat and not respecting the older personal around us.

If you can sledge to an advantage thats great but there is definitely a time and place for it rather than when ever

The Yea kids obviously dont listen to Nicho then coz I have had them 3 times this year and they are one of the best behaved youngsters in the comp. Yeah they are competitive but it is pure cricket related talk, nothing personal and never disrespectful.

There's an old saying, talk the talk, walk the walk . . . . from where I watching the cricket these days, the guys doing the yapping fail to back it up with their cricketing actions or abilities.

yes totally agree. but i said that bad sledging is not on...there's no harm in sledging all people wanna do is have fun.....ITS JUST A GAME....

Boys. We seem to be running out of things to talk about.
Talking to Kenny Watson the other day and he wanted me to get opinions of the best SDCA batsmen ever seen.

His Opinion
The Eastern Hill great
Ken Hall

Should bring some names out the vault here boys

Talking to Kenny Watson the other day and he wanted me to get opinions of the best SDCA batsmen ever seen.

His Opinion
The Eastern Hill great
Ken Hall

Many of the old blokes at Broady reckon Kevin Hall was very good. In my time as far as consistency it's Matty O'Sullivan and then Hages, then daylight. There have been some blokes capable of big things like Barrell Barnes (got 160 out of Nagambie's 180 odd one day), cricket Hately who was very gritty, and more recently I think Stuie Peterson and Aaron Hinss have been pretty
good.

This will be an interesting topic to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His Opinion
The Eastern Hill great
Ken Hall

You sure he said Ken and not Kevin? I always thought Kevin was more highly regarded than Jumbo.
Anyway, they were both at their best well before my time so I'd have no idea who was the better.
I actually think we're going over old ground with this topic, but the records of Hager and O'Sullivan would stack up against anyone from the bygone days I would have thought.

Many of the old blokes at Broady reckon Kevin Hall was very good. In my time as far as consistency it's Matty O'Sullivan and then Hages, then daylight. There have been some blokes capable of big things like Barrell Barnes (got 160 out of Nagambie's 180 odd one day), cricket Hately who was very gritty, and more recently I think Stuie Peterson and Aaron Hinss have been pretty
good.

This will be an interesting topic to follow.

WHAT THE ********!!!!

WHAT THE ********!!!!

haha.. saw that coming from a mile away...

good to see you promoting the social scene on here bish.. hopefully will get plenty at the 'Boony' night and pack a full house for Golden Casket..

also, anyone let me know if your looking to snap up a ticket quickly as i have a couple left to sell.. $1 pots.. $3 spirits.. and many other prizes throughout the night.. cant go wrong!! :thumbsu:

WHAT THE ********!!!!

I knew that would get a response, but Ive seen Geoff fare pretty well against Broadford on more than a few occasions, and had to put up with plenty. I myself collected him in the granny a couple of years back but he refused to give in, blood streaming everywhere . . . . . will always have my respect as a batsman.

never saw him bat but apparently lawrie boyd from kilmore was exceptional and captained SDCA country week sides to victory n made alot of runs

matty o'sulovan and rick hager just about fill the boards in the eastern hill cricket rooms along side with ken and kevin hall them 4, will go down as all time greats in my opinion..

I knew that would get a response, but Ive seen Geoff fare pretty well against Broadford on more than a few occasions, and had to put up with plenty. I myself collected him in the granny a couple of years back but he refused to give in, blood streaming everywhere . . . . . will always have my respect as a batsman.

Has to be respected on his longevity alone, but we're meant to be talking all-time greats here Doona.

Can someone please tell me how to get a look at the S.D.C.A ladders on this bloody computer, got onto them once but it must have been a fluke.

Doona, have you spoken to your old china plate up at Tonny pub lately? How are they (jobby and stuey) handlin' their "growing" families and a busy one pub town. Is Jobby still playing cricket up there?

Has to be respected on his longevity alone, but we're meant to be talking all-time greats here Doona.

Ok sorry gents got off the track then, as far as all time greats from my time playing and following SDCA cricket Matty and Hages thats it.

Haven't had traded news with Jobby for a few weeks, but on as far as I know things are going well, and he was having a run for Tonny in the 2's last time I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back