Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
1690246553132.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the very first instalment of the Sweet FA PASS Mark.

What is the Sweet FA PASS Mark? Well I'll tell you. The Sweet FA PASS Mark "Posting Activity Standard Score" is a first of its kind grading system designed to tell us which teams truly are the best at what they do and which teams are struggling. I've created a unique algorithm that will rank teams from 1 to 13 based on quite a few different metrics.

I'll be updating every week so you can all see how your team faired for the week. After 8 rounds I'll update you all with how each team is placed overall at the midway point and finally at the conclusion of the Home & Away season. I wont be including finals as this will skew the data range.

Does your team have what it takes to PASS the test?

Last edited:
Pass mark #1

Elimination of eye exploding fonts for media OP's.

Thread grade:

Kid Fail GIF by MOODMAN

Pass mark #1

Elimination of eye exploding fonts for media OP's.

Thread grade:

Kid Fail GIF by MOODMAN
i just wanted to make sure it caught your attention. but ive toned it down just a little bit for you

Posting stats? What a nerd! 😂
its not just posting stats. its a range of other data including squad depth, recruitment and comparisons to the previous season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should be bonus marks for teams that have rookies that actually post on a weekly basis
i havent included this but it is certainly something i have thought about. i just have to think how i monitor and account for it without it being a hugely manual and time consuming process.

i havent included this but it is certainly something i have thought about. i just have to think how i monitor and account for it without it being a hugely manual and time consuming process.
surely your unique algorithm can sort it :think:

rookie engagement measured through posting activity is the life blood of keeping the SFA growing and introducing something different from the previous season and freshening the place a little bit. You could almost score teams now just based on their current squad list of known posters, most posters don't change their posting volume, if anything you see drop off not increase for some. Rooks are the unknown commodity and can make the difference to a side e.g Membling MayTheNorthBeWithU kenneyswarriors SplintWhisky cartwright just off the top of my head made a posting difference to their sides adding a character they didn't have and increasing the teams profiles. This is why giving extra weight to the rookies posting stats in a side would validate a teams posting performance improving or sliding.

What about Alts that post on a weekly basis ? Double bonus points ?
absolutely, if someone goes to the effort of running multiple accounts and posts decent numbers as an Alt they deserve all the bonus points they can get

Cadsky include the ALT bonus in your unique algorithm with the rooks upgrade

surely your unique algorithm can sort it :think:

rookie engagement measured through posting activity is the life blood of keeping the SFA growing and introducing something different from the previous season and freshening the place a little bit. You could almost score teams now just based on their current squad list of known posters, most posters don't change their posting volume, if anything you see drop off not increase for some. Rooks are the unknown commodity and can make the difference to a side e.g Membling MayTheNorthBeWithU kenneyswarriors SplintWhisky cartwright just off the top of my head made a posting difference to their sides adding a character they didn't have and increasing the teams profiles. This is why giving extra weight to the rookies posting stats in a side would validate a teams posting performance improving or sliding.
i agree. i just mean, how do i monitor an input the data for a specific set of posted such as rookies without it being time consuming? the algorithm will do the rest but the initial raw data still needs to be input and id need to track the all individually to do this, unless there's an easier way i haven't thought about.

absolutely, if someone goes to the effort of running multiple accounts and posts decent numbers as an Alt they deserve all the bonus points they can get

Cadsky include the ALT bonus in your unique algorithm with the rooks upgrade
For double bonus points Turbo, does Mrs T agree ?

whose looking after the rising star this season? My understanding is last seasons rookies but do they know?

anyway if they get the rising star thread going they should be tracking the rooks postings numbers, you could grab that data and throw it in your algorithm each time you update, all you need to determine is a rooks weighting score e.g 1 rook post = 125% of a current players post

i agree. i just mean, how do i monitor an input the data for a specific set of posted such as rookies without it being time consuming? the algorithm will do the rest but the initial raw data still needs to be input and id need to track the all individually to do this, unless there's an easier way i haven't thought about.
AI ?

For double bonus points Turbo, does Mrs T agree ?
Yes I do,
it took a sh!t load of work running my 2 accounts,
but at least I got an EKA out of it so overall worth the effort :love:

whose looking after the rising star this season? My understanding is last seasons rookies but do they know?

anyway if they get the rising star thread going they should be tracking the rooks postings numbers, you could grab that data and throw it in your algorithm each time you update, all you need to determine is a rooks weighting score e.g 1 rook post = 125% of a current players post
They were told at the Awards ceremony but were probs too drunk to remember.

GWS Goose was also threatening to take over award from Round One with weekly Rising Star announcements.

Yes, before you ask, I do believe in the Tooth Fairy as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion SFA PASS MARK S36

Remove this Banner Ad

Back