SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From recent cases down here in Bendigo cannot enter the playing arena. Saw a bloke coach from behind the fence and he adressed his player from outside the fence and they huddle on the fecneline
Saw a suspended coach once address the players from a cherry picker extended out on to the ground. Opposition complained but he wasn't actually on the ground so it was all deemed legit!!

From recent cases down here in Bendigo cannot enter the playing arena. Saw a bloke coach from behind the fence and he adressed his player from outside the fence and they huddle on the fecneline
That's what I was basing my question on, if a coach who is suspended can't sit on the bench why would a player who is suspended be able too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A suspended player cannot sit on the bench or enter the playing area during the match including during quarter time breaks. If he was to 'take stats' he would have to do so from behind the fence and then pass them to another person at the breaks. Only officials listed on the teamsheet are to be on the bench.

A suspended player cannot sit on the bench or enter the playing area during the match including during quarter time breaks. If he was to 'take stats' he would have to do so from behind the fence and then pass them to another person at the breaks. Only officials listed on the teamsheet are to be on the bench.
That's my understanding too, but I'm unable to find it in the VCFL handbook.

Can a suspended play sit on the bench? And do stats?
Can't do anything that requires you to be on the teamsheet, and can't enter the playing arena during any game they're suspended for (if suspended in the ones, can't go on the ground during the 2s either). There is shitloads of grey area, some leagues enforce it to the letter, some don't.

The system can be dodged though, the most common two, would be the address from the fence line, and the old 2 way radio from a car on the sidelines

Have any of the investigations been concluded as yet. I guess it would have been in the Sunny Daily.
Anyone care to preempt the outcomes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back