SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

An update on players in vs players out for Div 1 next year (so far)

Hard to gauge quality, but good to see numbers indicating a stronger comp overall

Club.................Players In....Players Out
Bentleigh............9................3
Chelsea Heights...7................13
Clayton..............7 ...............14
Cheltenham........10..............4
Dingley..............21 ............10
East Brighton......9...............7
East Malvern......15 ............3
Heatherton........12..............6
St Kilda..............7 ..............6
St Pauls.............7...............5
Every club loses players but its the quality of the players that have left chelsea heights is concerning.Attard, Gilder, Mouritz, Moore, Downie, Johnstone are quality.expecting a fair downfall this year!

How have teams being going in praccy matches?
Id like to know how we have being going against other sides in different comps to get a gauge on the strength of SFL.
I heard Chelsea Heights who appear to be an inferior side this year to previous years pushed Edi-Asp who won the flag in the Peninsula league last year.

Id like to know how we have being going against other sides in different comps to get a gauge on the strength of SFL.
I heard Chelsea Heights who appear to be an inferior side this year to previous years pushed Edi-Asp who won the flag in the Peninsula league last year.
Dingley beat Oakleigh Ammo's by 7 goals last week. C Grade. Yesterday we beat Korumburra by about the same. Alberton League. They had a few out as they travelled to Dingley. Still hard to guage the difference in leagues as Morwood is playing a heap of last years Colts at the moment.

East Bri beat the Pines by 7 goals as well. Don't know how many they were missing but we were missing 8 players including Williamson,Bowman,Stewart.Jansen and both Jamiesons and only had 1 on the bench after qrt time so I reckon our league is not as bad as perceived or there is not that much of a gap between the 2 leagues.

Darren Walsh playing for EB in a praccie match was interesting. Good on CH for allowing him to get a run in before inter league this week.
Forgot about him, boys say hes a real good fella.Puppet was down there keeping an eye on his welfare. No atmosphere down at Seaford, no wonder st.kilda players don't like it down there.
How have Chelt gone in their matches. I believe St.Pauls went down to Waverley blues, but don't know how undermanned they were.

How did the new recruits in Rayson & Dahl go batfink ?

Rayson even though tagged, played well.
Dahl dominated the ruck contests but admitted he would have liked to have done more around the ground.
Definitely going to be more than handy and improve our side, but it looks like all nearly all sides have recruited more than they've lost so the comp should only be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting to see local football bad boy David Teasedale (Ex Beaumaris, Old Mentonians & St Bedes) training at Cheltenham Football Club on Wednesday night. I hope he has cleaned up his act

No idea the quality of the WRFL squad but the SFL will rely a lot on a few, depth would be a worry, quality at the top but falls away ...If Williamson and Mercoulia fire and James can get a bit of it then good but if not....

yes it good that there no practice game not allowed but there is only first div players picked so there is no point the rest must suffer with no games

Good squad. Will win. Get around the boys.

Good luck to the SFL today. Will watch with great interest as as Stewart, Reid and Allen all played 19s with our club (De La Salle) while Stinear and Rayson played seniors. To top off all that Larsen is at teacher at the school. Looks like a reasonable squad and I reckon you will get the chocolates.

Good luck to the SFL today. Will watch with great interest as as Stewart, Reid and Allen all played 19s with our club (De La Salle) while Stinear and Rayson played seniors. To top off all that Larsen is at teacher at the school. Looks like a reasonable squad and I reckon you will get the chocolates.
How did your squad go chocolates nooooooooo chocolates to slow maybe you can play relinck next year

Yeah whist WRFL had a good team we the SFL looked very slow on the big ground. I would say the selection panel would revise there selection process next year as they played a couple of very under done guys that had not even ran to the letter box let alone fit enough to represent there league.

Rumour is that the appointed Reserve coach at St Pauls Scott got told he was no longer required via txt during the week. True?

How did your squad go chocolates nooooooooo chocolates to slow maybe you can play relinck next year

My squad did very well. Beat the EFL by 7 goals to provide conclusively they are the best metro comp in Melbourne but thanks for asking. Maybe if you can get from 5th ranked comp to 2nd you can take us on!

Surprised by SFL result. On paper they looked like a good team but from all reports they were thoroughly outplayed.

As Super said beaten by a better side. The VAFA can clearly get the best rep side together - well done.

Would love to know how many of the players in any League view the merit of this type of competition as important though? The VAFA and EFL had a heap of players that should have played - but didn't...

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back