SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take a punt. Feel free to pick the eyes out of it with my limited Div 1 knowledge

B Ambrose Larsen Cathcart
HB G Johnston Crozier McGarry
C McIntyre Fermanis J Allan
HF Ridgway Nicholls Velardo
F Manders L James C Graham
Larson is a small defender/onballer. Catccart is a small forward/onballer. Bowman should be a lock for fullback.Im surprised Manders is in squad let alone final 22
R Dahl
Williamson
Rayson

I Glibert
Douthie
J Martin
Bartholomew

Told ya I had limited knowledge :) Others might have a better crack.

Its a fair 40 man squad with the players that have been recruited into the league. Will put the SFL in good stead to get off the bottom of the metro league rankings

Who wouldnt talk to Williamson, Bruno approached us, Mimo was Mimo who had been a Dingley Junior. Morgan is a massive hole to fill and I suppose the boys spoke to all Ruckmen. No knowledge of Stewart or the unnamed CH Player. I would suggest that our club would have very clean hands in this area, certainly against most other SFL clubs.
No, your club has a bad reputation in this area but that is your business.

Told ya I had limited knowledge :) Others might have a better crack.

Its a fair 40 man squad with the players that have been recruited into the league. Will put the SFL in good stead to get off the bottom of the metro league rankings
All good least you had a crack. How is Bentleigh shaping up, losses/gains

All good least you had a crack. How is Bentleigh shaping up, losses/gains

We're going OK, picked up a couple of great players in Crozier & McGarry, wouldn't mind getting a couple more of those blokes though. A few mates of players have come down also which is good for depth. Only player out of last years premiership team we've lost is Magnifico, which isnt too bad. The only real chunk of players we've lost are older reserves players so you'll probably see a more younger fresh faced 2s outfit which is good for the future.

I'm not going to predict on here we're we'll finish as Div 1 keeps getting stronger by the year but we know where we're hoping to be by round 18

Here's mine

B: Martin Larsen Walsh
HB: McGrarry Stewart Ambrose
C: Allan Williamson Cathcart
HF: Douthie Gilbert Barclay
FF: Manders James Graham

F: Dahl Raysen Fermanis

I/C: ridgway Crozier Matheson Bartholomew

Emergencies: Velardo McIntyre Peet

Either way it will be a strong team looking at the squad if 40

Here's mine

B: Martin Larsen Walsh
HB: McGrarry Stewart Ambrose
C: Allan Williamson Cathcart
HF: Douthie Gilbert Barclay
FF: Manders James Graham

F: Dahl Raysen Fermanis

I/C: ridgway Crozier Matheson Bartholomew

Emergencies: Velardo McIntyre Peet

Either way it will be a strong team looking at the squad if 40
Realise it's tough with midfielders but I reckon Steve Murphy would be stiff to miss. Consistently high in the best and fairest counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wouldnt talk to Williamson, Bruno approached us, Mimo was Mimo who had been a Dingley Junior. Morgan is a massive hole to fill and I suppose the boys spoke to all Ruckmen. No knowledge of Stewart or the unnamed CH Player. I would suggest that our club would have very clean hands in this area, certainly against most other SFL clubs.
See you're missing the effing point. 8 other clubs didn't speak to Williamson and if the boys spoke to all ruckman why was Arvo included when he's at another Div 1 club. What's wrong with leaving SFL clubs out of the equation? From my info you blokes approached Bruno but I'll stand corrected on that one. Nathan Stewart was approached by 2 different clubs, your mob being one of them, both Div 1. FACT!

See you're missing the effing point. 8 other clubs didn't speak to Williamson and if the boys spoke to all ruckman why was Arvo included when he's at another Div 1 club. What's wrong with leaving SFL clubs out of the equation? From my info you blokes approached Bruno but I'll stand corrected on that one. Nathan Stewart was approached by 2 different clubs, your mob being one of them, both Div 1. FACT!

Well i'll be, what a terrible situation we have here... A Footy Club trying to recruit players for the New Season!!! Thank goodness for the Mr. Insiders of this world to keep all Footy Clubs on the strait and narrow.

Just a thought, if these guys arent interested, why are they talking?

Well i'll be, what a terrible situation we have here... A Footy Club trying to recruit players for the New Season!!! Thank goodness for the Mr. Insiders of this world to keep all Footy Clubs on the strait and narrow.

I don't think you get it with your inbred mentality in Dingley. All clubs try and recruit but from outside our leaugue.
So now your saying your club doesn't have clean hands as you previously quoted.

I don't think you get it with your inbred mentality in Dingley. All clubs try and recruit but from outside our leaugue.

I think everyone needs to relax, players change clubs it happens.

Whilst it is frowned upon, it's not illegal and if a player considers a move then they have every right to be able to talk to whoever they want.

Potentially only thing i have issues with is someone trying to outbid the existing club, e.g. we will give you an extra xxx amount per game than those guys.

Bruno for example came to us and was paid well under what he could have got on the market, which i'm sure he will be getting next seaason at Rye.

With all the hoopla about the Interleague I would love to see Football Victoria impose a condition that no player who has not played in a competition for the previous two years is ineligible to represent that league. It would effectively eliminate the mercenaries from these competitions which make a mockery of any true interleague competition.

With all the hoopla about the Interleague I would love to see Football Victoria impose a condition that no player who has not played in a competition for the previous two years is ineligible to represent that league. It would effectively eliminate the mercenaries from these competitions which make a mockery of any true interleague competition.

Agreed mate. The VAFA was initially told that all players must have been playing in the competition in 2013 to be eligible. This "rule" was used for the previous 3 games the VAFA played the EFL. Somewhere along the line this was changed. Not sure why.
As a supporter of a local footy club, albeit in the VAFA, I am not sure I would like our senior team changing 12 or so players from the previous year each year. Part of the attraction to suburban is watching the progress of kids grow and become established senior players. Aberfeldie in the EDFL look to have a turnover of around 14 - just in the 1s. Ridiculous.

Inbred mentality!!! What exactly do you mean by this?

Be brave and tell me who you support? Check out the recruiting page, other than Francis we too recruit outside of the Comp or as you put it, the "LEAUGUE".

If it's the player doing the talking as I have previously stated then fine but when it's the club making the approach it's lazy and poor form

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back