SFL Division 1 Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

so are you tring to tell me that this bloke went to the papers, went on the radio and played the victim to his high society friends to help him play, then gets re registered to retire a week later.

sorry if we find that quite hard to believe b2b..
sounds more like final mind games

It doesn't matter when the seniors play. Is it that hard to know a few of the rules in football? A very basic one I would have thought.

so are you tring to tell me that this bloke went to the papers, went on the radio and played the victim to his high society friends to help him play, then gets re registered to retire a week later.

sorry if we find that quite hard to believe b2b..
sounds more like final mind games

From what im told he went away for the last game to a wedding in Adelaide then hasnt been seen since? maybe he had a change of heart and doesnt want the headaches of all the attention, Casset hasnt been sighted either
unless there training away from the group? Should be a cracker anyway Sunday

It doesn't matter when the seniors play. Is it that hard to know a few of the rules in football? A very basic one I would have thought.

Just rechecked a "The Southern" (footy record) from a few weeks ago and it lists the player qualification for the finals criteria, two of which are:

"A player must play a minimum 6 club games to qualify for SENIOR or RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS (Ref: By-law4.42/1.3)"

further

"A player can be selected in either SENIOR or RESERVE grade in ALL DIVISIONS if both grades are playing on the same day as long as they have played 6 CLUB GAMES (Ref:By-Law 4.42.1.2)"

So, I repeat, has he played 6 games?

I should also say that I have no interest in who wins or loses (don't follow either clubs), but I made the initial posting as I had read the rules in the Record and thought it would be "line ball" as to if he has played 6 games....I certainly didn't expect to be flamed.

Just rechecked a "The Southern" (footy record) from a few weeks ago and it lists the player qualification for the finals criteria, two of which are:

"A player must play a minimum 6 club games to qualify for SENIOR or RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS (Ref: By-law4.42/1.3)"

further

"A player can be selected in either SENIOR or RESERVE grade in ALL DIVISIONS if both grades are playing on the same day as long as they have played 6 CLUB GAMES (Ref:By-Law 4.42.1.2)"

So, I repeat, has he played 6 games?

I should also say that I have no interest in who wins or loses (don't follow either clubs), but I made the initial posting as I had read the rules in the Record and thought it would be "line ball" as to if he has played 6 games....I certainly didn't expect to be flamed.

he played 7 prior to his delisting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which team is having the week off? Somebody plz tell me the scores and better players, if known. This way is quicker than waiting for sfl website

Didn't he retire?? ;)

Hampton won the Colts by a goal. City won the twos by 3 points. City won the seniors by 50.

Good day for City. Thought that they had won tattslotto going by the way they carried on after the reserves! :)

Not a good day for us but there is always next week!

I don't follow either St Kilda City or St Paul's, but was in the area and dropped in to have a look at yesterday's game hoping to enjoy a good game.

But, if these sides meet again in the grand final, I certainly won't attend.

I was disgusted by racist comments from St Paul's supporters. I support enthusiastic barracking, but not racist comments.

Come on St Pauls, clean up your act.

Secondly, the "over the top" victory celebrations by St Kilda City are sickening. I have seen it before, found it distasteful then, and still do. I support celebrating a win. But the way St Kilda do it shows sheer arrogance and belittles the opposition.

I really think that the SFL should have a "quiet word" to both clubs and get them to clean up their acts.

I don't follow either St Kilda City or St Paul's, but was in the area and dropped in to have a look at yesterday's game hoping to enjoy a good game.

I was disgusted by racist comments from St Paul's supporters. I support enthusiastic barracking, but not racist comments.

Secondly, the "over the top" victory celebrations by St Kilda City are sickening. I have seen it before, found it distasteful then, and still do. I support celebrating a win. But the way St Kilda do it shows sheer arrogance and belittles the opposition.

I really think that the SFL should have a "quiet word" to both clubs and get them to clean up their acts.

Geez your harsh both yourself and superfreak are really craping the barrel to pot us if celebrating to hard is wrong that means we got it 98% right yesterday, considering we were underdogs in both games

I doubt that you guys were underdogs in the seniors... St Pauls aren't that good of a side compared to a full strength St Kilda team. You could really see the talented coaching :rolleyes: of Richard Houston yesterday i.e. the power of his money at work.

St Kilda are a very good team to watch and St Pauls were nothing short of pathetic yesterday. I don't have a problem with St Kilda singing the song coming of the ground arm in arm like gheys, but I didn't realise until yesterday they sing it again in the sheds after the game too... bit excessive, and really should be cutting out the swear words in public these days - using the word shit or it's derivatives really should be removed from the song when sung in front of the crowd.

Geez your harsh both yourself and superfreak are really craping the barrel to pot us if celebrating to hard is wrong that means we got it 98% right yesterday, considering we were underdogs in both games

Don't be so defensive edge, i wasnt potting you.
I have no problem with the players celebrating wins, I actually thought they (City) were quite respectful and did what any other underdog would do. Good on them.
But it was the actions of one hanger on/harry the hero in the ressies after the siren that brought everyone else down. There was no need for him stand in front of the oppostion coaching bench and raise his fist and finger repeditively whilst yelling at them "we f***ing owe these pricks". Not exactly a great example of winning with humility. After all it was only a 2nd semi final. Its people like this that do your clubs reputation no good edge.

Don't be so defensive edge, i wasnt potting you.
I have no problem with the players celebrating wins, I actually thought they (City) were quite respectful and did what any other underdog would do. Good on them.
But it was the actions of one hanger on/harry the hero in the ressies after the siren that brought everyone else down. There was no need for him stand in front of the oppostion coaching bench and raise his fist and finger repeditively whilst yelling at them "we f***ing owe these pricks". Not exactly a great example of winning with humility. After all it was only a 2nd semi final. Its people like this that do your clubs reputation no good edge.

Fair enough, directing at other benches is out of line, as far as the games went the twos was a ripper, we as a club are rapt for the young fellas and the older guys who have never played in the grand final, in the seniors we go the jump and played power footy all day,there is no doubt St Pauls were the favourites from the league to the media etc,etc and the way they carried on last time we played gave us a bit of ammo..... but we played our best footy all year on the day, our backline was outstanding and with 2 late withdrawals yesterday with gastro ,selection for the GF will be tough ,now we have to back it up in two weeks time, I wouldnt write Chelt off they played with heart two weeks ago and if they give the same effort they could surprise,

and these comments were?

and these comments were?

One that immediately comes to mind is a "hero" standing on one of the seats by the fence yelling out "go back to Lebanon you f.....g wog". I also heard several similar versions complete with f's and c's.

Funny, but at one stage the police stood near our "hero", and he didn't utter a word until they moved off and he then continued his tirade.

But I also moved around, and heard similar abuse from other areas.

And I still object to St Kilda City's display of arrogance when they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back