SFNL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good summary danger, couldn't argue with to many of those choices. A fit M Saunders for ashwood another name to throw in the mix.
Bit of fresh air from all the hp nuff nuffs garbage on here (who are reminding me more and more of Hallam 2017)

Ha Ha , someone who calls himself Mr Peptides calling other people nuff nuffs, gold , HP and Hallam are that far apart as clubs it’s not funny, I don’t follow HP but a mate plays there and loves it , not sure they will win the flag , but they have come in and been very competitive, and people just don’t like new clubs coming in and winning games, that’s just human nature.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

G'day guys, long time reader first time poster.

Being an 8 team comp this year, I have been fortunate enough to see every team bar Hallam, its time to get the conversation going.

Who are the best players from each side? My apologies to any Hallam supporters- if there are any on here??

Here is my list of the top 2 players I have seen for each side thus far:

Hampton Park:

Henry - Class above in this division, if this bloke doesn't win the league b & f, I will be dumbfounded.

Carver - Big forward, will win the goal kicking by a country mile.

Endeavor Hills:

Hoe- Clearance machine, love watching this bloke play, hard but fair.

Batson- Missed a few games early due to injury I believe, can definitely tell this kid has played at a higher level, good on both feet! -RARE at this level.

Springvale:

Raru- Admittingly only saw this bloke play on good friday, was heavily tagged, but did show glimpes of his much hyped potential. Too good not to have him in there top 2.

Feehan- Dead eye infront of goals, a forward every side would love to have.

Ashwood
:

P. Carroll - Very classy operator, great addition to the magpies lineup, wouldn't be surprised if he is up there in the league voting.

Chapman- Can turn a game on its head when he is going, silky, smart small forward.

Black Rock:

Kick- Has to be one of the best defenders in the comp, back line works well to free him up to take many intercept marks.

Dalton- Surprised he hasn't featured in the forward line this year, there no1 ruck due to quite a few outs, can jump & almost plays as another mid for them.

Heatherton:

Would of had Kandakji here, but after reading the above posts i'll leave him out.

Whyte- Strong inside mid, you know what you will get from him week in week out.

Cusack- Athletic ruck/forward, doesnt lose many hitouts & has the ability to go all day

South Yarra:

Hanney- Similiar to Cusack above, handy ruck who offers a target around the ground

Rogers- No fuss swingman, been a good servant for the yarras.

Hallam:

???

???

Who have I missed/got completely wrong?

Cheers,

Danger

nice summary danger. for HP i'd have cory phillips and some others ahead of carver for now but I agree he should win the goal kicking. poppa feehan from springy probably closest chance but I don't know anyone from the other teams, lol...... if carver really got himself fit and in peak shape he could be a force in the higher divisions also. as for springy i'd have ben stacy, matt Thompson, and todd wills ahead of poppa but I agree he is vital to their success

Ha Ha , someone who calls himself Mr Peptides calling other people nuff nuffs, gold , HP and Hallam are that far apart as clubs it’s not funny, I don’t follow HP but a mate plays there and loves it , not sure they will win the flag , but they have come in and been very competitive, and people just don’t like new clubs coming in and winning games, that’s just human nature.

No one had any concerns with Keysie, Port or even frankston. No one particularly cares about HP either. It just makes for conversation on here.

Given that Springy and Endeavour have both been competitive I’d say it’s shaping as the right call to put HP in div 3. I Didn’t think that would be the case a few months ago. The only stand out is the $$$ they are spending to only just beat clubs spending stuff all.

On Hallam, is there any quality left there? I haven’t seen them this year but surely at least a few of last years side are there.

Understand why Kandakji was left out of your list kickindanger but when he isn’t having a meltdown I’d say he’s the best forward in this division and in Heathertons best couple

No one had any concerns with Keysie, Port or even frankston. No one particularly cares about HP either. It just makes for conversation on here.

Given that Springy and Endeavour have both been competitive I’d say it’s shaping as the right call to put HP in div 3. I Didn’t think that would be the case a few months ago. The only stand out is the $$$ they are spending to only just beat clubs spending stuff all.

On Hallam, is there any quality left there? I haven’t seen them this year but surely at least a few of last years side are there.

Understand why Kandakji was left out of your list kickindanger but when he isn’t having a meltdown I’d say he’s the best forward in this division and in Heathertons best couple
Keeps harping on about HPs spend, has absolutely no idea how much they spend or who gets what! But keep running with it if it helps.

Keeps harping on about HPs spend, has absolutely no idea how much they spend or who gets what! But keep running with it if it helps.
Have friends at HP. I’ve got a a good idea of the spend and know what a few are on. Won’t post details on here that are given to me in trust.

Would love to know as an outsider of this division, what club with the contacts and resources ,wouldn’t do what HP are trying to do for their supporters ?

Agree. Just think the amount being spent should be seeing off End hills and springy by more. They want to go up and have bought a side to do it. It would be crazy not to.

HP will spend significantly more than any other div 3 club in 2018. Fact.
Probably more than any club in div 3 ever has

Have friends at HP. I’ve got a a good idea of the spend and know what a few are on. Won’t post details on here that are given to me in trust.

Probably more than any club in div 3 ever has

I didn't think we would ever see more spent than Parkmore in Div 3 but looks like HP have smashed that ceiling.

I didn't think we would ever see more spent than Parkmore in Div 3 but looks like HP have smashed that ceiling.[/QUOTE]

How did that work out for Parkmore ? On a side note HP probably made more $$$ on Good Friday than some clubs will make in the whole season

I didn't think we would ever see more spent than Parkmore in Div 3 but looks like HP have smashed that ceiling.

How did that work out for Parkmore ? On a side note HP probably made more $$$ on Good Friday than some clubs will make in the whole season[/QUOTE]
Not comparing apples with apples here. Parkmore were a flash in the pan, HP an established club with great foundations.

YAWN...back to the HP thread. Move on gents, they have deep pockets & clearly are over paying blokes. Time will tell if its all worth it. Like a great coach of mine use to say, "if it bleeds we can kill it".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do you guys think Dingley pay their players?
I wouldn’t have a clue, but is it common knowledge that they pay well?
Do they have strong juniors or do they have to recruit?

They have a very strong junior club and provide a pathway all the way to senior football. They then can just top up with players from higher standard teams like Noble Park for instance

Less $$$ than you think!
Furthermore, Dingley won their 3rd flag on the trot with the lowest Player Points Tally than any other club in the SFNL.
Outstanding.

YAWN...back to the HP thread. Move on gents, they have deep pockets & clearly are over paying blokes. Time will tell if its all worth it. Like a great coach of mine use to say, "if it bleeds we can kill it".
Coached by DUTCH himself , how I envy you

Dingley are not a club that pays overs. Majority are home grown players, but they have recruited from outside more regularly in recent years, with great success I might add. As mentioned above geography means they have less competition for graduating juniors but they run a really good show which means players are inclined to stay anyway.

If HP are clearly over paying blokes , that would suggest that every other club are under paying blokes, or are we all just getting what we pay for ?

If HP are clearly over paying blokes , that would suggest that every other club are under paying blokes, or are we all just getting what we pay for ?

Pretty sure the lower spenders have it right. There are far better sides in the sfl than HP that are doing it on less money.

But hey, if they win a flag and go up a division no one at HP will give a shit about the price. Flags aren’t easy no matter what division or how big your budget is.

Pretty sure the lower spenders have it right. There are far better sides in the sfl than HP that are doing it on less money.

But hey, if they win a flag and go up a division no one at HP will give a shit about the price. Flags aren’t easy no matter what division or how big your budget is.
Give it a rest ya tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back