SFNL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defence of the league, they needed to make the call based on HPs recent win loss record, not based on who they may recruit, so in hindsight you could say wrong call , however I think at the time they made the right call , a fair bit of footy to be played yet .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The league botched it badly. Kept their process completely behind closed doors and didn’t accept any input from clubs until the decision was made. Everyone bar head office knew how it would play out but they didn’t want to listen. Amateur hour

In defence of the league, they needed to make the call based on HPs recent win loss record, not based on who they may recruit, so in hindsight you could say wrong call , however I think at the time they made the right call , a fair bit of footy to be played yet .

I know it seems easy in hindsight but I respectfully disagree. Everyone who follows local footy in these parts knew that HP had the capacity to recruit quality players. In fact they have had that capacity for some time but could not attract players due to them being a struggling club in a strong single division competition.

Have no issue with start-up clubs going into Div 3 or 4 but an existing club with a solid supporter base and strong financial position should be assessed on their merits. Port Colts, Keysborough and Dingley all went straight into Div 2 from memory. I’m not having a crack at HP as its not their fault but I do feel for some of the opposition clubs who are genuine Div. 3 level who will cop some fearful hidings. I just hate seeing those sort of scorelines.

I know it seems easy in hindsight but I respectfully disagree. Everyone who follows local footy in these parts knew that HP had the capacity to recruit quality players. In fact they have had that capacity for some time but could not attract players due to them being a struggling club in a strong single division competition.

Have no issue with start-up clubs going into Div 3 or 4 but an existing club with a solid supporter base and strong financial position should be assessed on their merits. Port Colts, Keysborough and Dingley all went straight into Div 2 from memory. I’m not having a crack at HP as its not their fault but I do feel for some of the opposition clubs who are genuine Div. 3 level who will cop some fearful hidings. I just hate seeing those sort of scorelines.

Keysborough port and Dingley were accepted into division 2 when there was only 3 divisions , if HP didn’t recruit and went into division 2 there would be clubs in division 3 not happy , kind of dammed if you do

Keysborough port and Dingley were accepted into division 2 when there was only 3 divisions , if HP didn’t recruit and went into division 2 there would be clubs in division 3 not happy , kind of dammed if you do

As stated earlier, HP applied for div 2 but were told that other clubs weren't happy with that as they felt they had earnt the right to play div 2 and HP were just new so shouldn't be in before them, which is fair enough i think.

Ok - It's all sorted, HP wanted to be in Div 2 but we're put into Div 3 against their wishes.

So everybody sit back, relax put your feet up and enjoy the show.

PS - the last time a HP team went undefeated all season they choked in the big one. :D
there is still hope for the other 7 teams. ;)

Last edited:
I tend to agree toey however I think the standard of league they came from should have also been considered. it would be easy to look at HP's results over the last few years and just assume they were crap. SEFNL footy is a very good standard especially at the top end so in hindsight maybe a move to div 2 would have been better suited.

also stalwart is right above when talking about this season's recruits. the better recruits have come from doveton doves and they would not have come over if HP was still in SEFNL...... we all know different leagues have different standards but to go from 130+ pt defeats to 160+ pt wins is a very dramatic swing......
Narre would beat them by 10-15 goals instead of 35 these days

Last edited:
I saw a 50 goal loss against narre. this years side is not 15 goals better than last years, the standard is 20 goals less......
You are kidding HP last year were terrible, who was your leading goal kicker and what’d he kick , in the one game I saw they would beat last years side by 20 goals

You are kidding HP last year were terrible, who was your leading goal kicker and what’d he kick , in the one game I saw they would beat last years side by 20 goals

they were terrible in the standard they were forced to play in. and yes, last years side was probably the worst of the last few years. however they still would have been competitive in this division.

they were terrible in the standard they were forced to play in. and yes, last years side was probably the worst of the last few years. however they still would have been competitive in this division.
Can’t agree there Sratsky.
The side last year was on a par with sandown and Dandy, or not much better anyway in my opinion.

Didn’t they play Dandy in a praccy?

You’ve mentioned that you’ve been around sfnl div 2 recently Stratsky, and I assume you’ve watched this years HP a bit. Would the team be around the mark in the higher div?

Springy weren’t miles off the pace last year so early results would say that yes they would be.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The side last year was on a par with sandown and Dandy, or not much better anyway in my opinion.

You’ve mentioned that you’ve been around sfnl div 2 recently Stratsky, and I assume you’ve watched this years HP a bit. Would the team be around the mark in the higher div?

Springy weren’t miles off the pace last year so early results would say that yes they would be.

Well if E/Hills beat HP on Saturday, we can then shift all our attention to them and their recruiting spree , considering they only just got piped in the GF

Well if E/Hills beat HP on Saturday, we can then shift all our attention to them and their recruiting spree , considering they only just got piped in the GF

Not sure how that relates to my post Toey but happy to shift the focus mate.

I’d say they are doing a great job considering they’d be spending bugger all.

Probably lacked a couple of experienced heads and a little bit of polish when the crunch came last year. I haven’t seen them live this year but I’m told they have a couple of Narre blokes that might be exactly what they need.

Let’s hope this weeks game is a cracker.

Not sure how that relates to my post Toey but happy to shift the focus mate.

I’d say they are doing a great job considering they’d be spending bugger all.

Probably lacked a couple of experienced heads and a little bit of polish when the crunch came last year. I haven’t seen them live this year but I’m told they have a couple of Narre blokes that might be exactly what they need.

Let’s hope this weeks game is a cracker.

Sorry mate , just a ploy to try and shift focus, yes a handful from Narre , and Berwick .

The game should live up to the hype.

yes I believe they would be competitive in a higher division...... division 2 has been close the past 2 years (excluding port colts). I think springy won 6 games last year, had a percentage of 90+ and lost 6-8 games by under 2 goals yet finished in the relegation zone.

I respectfully disagree regarding HP being on par with sandown and dandy last. they did play dandy in a praccy match and won by 10 goals however from memory they had about 10 - 15 blokes training on average at the time. I cannot deny that HP's results have been terrible over the last 6 years however I will stand by my opinion that it was more due to the standard of footy they were forced to play. I think it is very admirable what struggling clubs do in times of hardship and this includes sandown and dandy however they would have feared far worse than what HP did if they were forced to play in SEFNL. I honestly believe that last years side would have been competitive against many of the division 2 sides but that is just my opinion only.

You'd wanna get the jump on the hillsong choir , they come out hitting the high note after half time

I don’t think anyone has a big head at all.
I think it’s you bunch of women on here moaning and crying like babies.
It is what it is get over it

Everyone that matters at HP is keeping a lid on on it.

But I don't matter so not me - I've booked the Monday and Tuesday off after the Grand Final and the Grand Final better be played near a decent pub.

PS - I have got a big head :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back