SFNL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mass exodus, they were competitive in both seasons they competed in whilst in div2 so doubt it was based on being smaller fish in a bigger pond. Gotta build a culture for blokes to want to hang around a club. My thoughts are there is more to this than not winning enough games to play finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly seems that way! Hence why I said earlier that I can’t believe a group can just pack up and go and leave a club on their knees.

More to it than that - sniping about money owed between former Committee Members. Rome was burning and these fools were oblivious to it. Very sad.

Some things had to make way for the filming of senior matches.
But the clubs are the ones being slugged for the cost of the filming. When a league is owed $100,000s in fees by clubs, it was bound to strip back extra expenses like the printing of the footy record. Sadly other things like the SFNL footy show on Sunday mornings as well as the commentary from the caravan on match days are also gone

But the clubs are the ones being slugged for the cost of the filming. When a league is owed $100,000s in fees by clubs, it was bound to strip back extra expenses like the printing of the footy record. Sadly other things like the SFNL footy show on Sunday mornings as well as the commentary from the caravan on match days are also gone
Yes a sad time for SFNL with the broadcast on radio going. The boys who were responsible for the media and commentating were doing a great job with SFM - 88.3. This Game Face group are also finding it difficult to recruit people to join them as two of the SFM boys have declined their offer. The clubs who join Game Face will be the only one's who will get good coverage so i'm told, but how does this wipe off the debt that is owed to the SFNL ??????

Great result the end of the radio caravan, such pompus w***ers acting like they knew everything about footy slagging off players and coaches 24/7, adios

Great result the end of the radio caravan, such pompus w***ers acting like they knew everything about footy slagging off players and coaches 24/7, adios

Looks like that main fella is still doing interviews on that gameface page on Facebook?

I've just heard some very disturbing news .. can somebody please tell me if true or false

When you play Cerebus at Cerebus there is no alcohol it's a Navy base security etc etc..

Somebody please tell me this is not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must love listening to pompous w***ers then as u obviously tuned in every week Manilla Vanilla!

With it looking unlikely that the gameface mob won’t do a top players list for div 3, who do we think would be the top 10 players in the division?

What incentive is there to be a sponsor of the league without the regular 'in your face' publicity that a footy record and/or radio coverage provides.

It will be interesting to see how much SFNL sponsorship drops over the next couple of years - I am sure that it won't rise because the league cannot provide a decent return on investment for these sponsors (in terms of reaching out to their 'community' on a regular basis). These sponsors will instead opt to target teams in their local area.

A drop in the SFNL's sponsorship revenues may well mean that club affiliation fees will rise and we are already hearing that clubs are battling to keep financial with the league as it is.

With it looking unlikely that the gameface mob won’t do a top players list for div 3, who do we think would be the top 10 players in the division?

Few players who would most likely make the top ratings in div 3.

Ashwood: Patrick Carroll
Hampton Park: Shannon Henwood, Ryan Pearson, Daniel Boudoloh, Jackson Fry, Nathan Carver.
Endeavour Hills: Phillip Ward, Nathan Strom, Daniel Batson.
Clayton: Bryan Hoe
Black Rock: Tom Dalton, Darcy O’Brien, Michael Spohn.
South Yarra: Scott Stegheuis.

Have heard as well that South Yarra won’t be playing any home games in season 2019. Can you confirm this Cptkirk

Not at our usual home ground no - somehow suddenly deemed unfit after 10yrs by a league GM who lasted 9 months thinking 6 leagues of football and 9 leagues of Netball wouldn't be so much work

Working with council/afl vic to find somewhere/s else

Not at our usual home ground no - somehow suddenly deemed unfit after 10yrs by a league GM who lasted 9 months thinking 6 leagues of football and 9 leagues of Netball wouldn't be so much work

Working with council/afl vic to find somewhere/s else

Any idea where?

Not yet - waiting for the council ground list to come out then we can see what's available and what they have (change rooms, canteen etc etc)...pretty sure we'll have a, or multiple grounds just a matter of where

Not yet - waiting for the council ground list to come out then we can see what's available and what they have (change rooms, canteen etc etc)...pretty sure we'll have a, or multiple grounds just a matter of where

hats off to all involved at south yarra. I admit I have never seen their ground but every report I have heard is negative but they've obviously had a loyal group who stuck by the club. it's easy for the rest of us to take pot shots but remember the rest of us play there once a year whereas the yarra boys have to play on it every fortnight and train on it also I assume. hopefully something get's done in the near future so you guys have somewhere decent to play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back