Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Yzes commentary and stance on this

The whole conversation really is derogatory and insulting to all those involved. Dragging players into non sensical hypotheticals with zero basis is a little bit offputting especially in this scenario

In all honesty I dont think Jon Ralph writes that article if Shai Bolton was white . Its almost like if you are Aboriginal you MUST be home sick and want to leave to these people. Id have thought in the last 5 years people grew past these racial stereotypes. I guess Herald Sun didnt get the memo on that

arent liam baker getting talked up about going home as well?

Loved Yzes commentary and stance on this

The whole conversation really is derogatory and insulting to all those involved. Dragging players into non sensical hypotheticals with zero basis is a little bit offputting especially in this scenario

In all honesty I dont think Jon Ralph writes that article if Shai Bolton was white . It’s almost like if you are Aboriginal you MUST be home sick and want to leave to these people. Id have thought in the last 5 years people grew past these racial stereotypes. I guess Herald Sun didnt get the memo on that
Im no Ralph fan but this is dribble. Speculating on players wanting to change clubs due to homesickness is common across the media. Race has nothing to do with it

Im no Ralph fan but this is dribble. Speculating on players wanting to change clubs due to homesickness is common across the media. Race has nothing to do with it
Agree completely. There has been articles about Harley Reid, Warner etc being homesick too.
No need to bring race into it. Absolute garbage.

No chance.
The only reason Richmond would trade Bolton would be for an established FF or CHF.
Its highly unlikely a top 5 pick will be as good as Bolton is.
Highly unlikely feels a massive stretch. If you're any good at drafting, should be able to find a comparable level player. If Bolton played his best more consistently you might be right.

Highly unlikely feels a massive stretch. If you're any good at drafting, should be able to find a comparable level player. If Bolton played his best more consistently you might be right.
No matter how good you are, there are always misses.

Rightly or wrongly though, I think picks are valued like you won't miss when they are traded and I still say "highly unlikely" has a fair bit of mayo on it
High unlikely to get a player that is as good as Shai at his best seems a more fair comment IMO.

High unlikely to get a player that is as good as Shai at his best seems a more fair comment IMO.
I think that's fair but man, I was screaming at home to ****ing do something good last week. Could have been given you a shout when the game was in the balance in the third. Since his best is so good, I'm not sure there are many players with a gap as large as he has from his best to his worst.

All this to say, do I think Richmond should take a top 5 pick and run? No, that's not a too good to refuse offer but I think it's about right if they were open to trading him.

We were good at drafting to draft Shai at pick 29.
Enough said.
Unless he is asking to leave i highly doubt he moves.

We were good at drafting to draft Shai at pick 29.
Enough said.
Unless he is asking to leave i highly doubt he moves.
You're being a bit precious if you are interpreting what I said as a shot at Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance.
The only reason Richmond would trade Bolton would be for an established FF or CHF.
Its highly unlikely a top 5 pick will be as good as Bolton is.
What? I know it's common to talk down the value of draft picks, but actually step back and look at all the top 5 picks from the past 10 years. You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton.

What? I know it's common to talk down the value of draft picks, but actually step back and look at all the top 5 picks from the past 10 years. You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton.
There's quite a few busts in the top 5 of the last decade. If you got a Bolton level player you'd be happy.

There's quite a few busts in the top 5 of the last decade. If you got a Bolton level player you'd be happy.
50 Top 5 picks in the last decade:

Reid
McKercher
Walter
Watson
Ashcroft
Sheezel
Wardlaw
JHF
Darcy
Daicos
Andrew
JUH
Rowell
Anderson
Jackson
Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
Rozee
Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Taranto
McCluggage
Weitering
Mills
Oliver
Petracca
De Goey

Are all tracking to be at or better be better than Bolton's level, or are better than him already. Let's not have any of this "highly unlikely" nonsense

Reid
McKercher
Walter
Watson
Ashcroft
Sheezel
Wardlaw
JHF
Darcy
Daicos
Andrew
JUH
Rowell
Anderson
Jackson
Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
Rozee
Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Taranto
McCluggage
Weitering
Mills
Oliver
Petracca
De Goey

Are all tracking to be at or better be better than Bolton's level, or are better than him already. Let's not have any of this "highly unlikely" nonsense
All of them? Please. No one is taking Cerra, Lukosius, Oliver or Taranto over Bolton. Few others are iffy. Way too early to tell for last years top 5.

And I never said 'highly unlikely', I just said you'd be happy if your top 5 pick ended up Bolton quality. Looking at the list he's better than over 50% of the top 5 draftees from the last decade, so the statement checks out.

All of them? Please. No one is taking Cerra, Lukosius, Oliver or Taranto over Bolton. Few others are iffy. Way too early to tell for last years top 5.

And I never said 'highly unlikely', I just said you'd be happy if your top 5 pick ended up Bolton quality. Looking at the list he's better than over 50% of the top 5 draftees from the last decade, so the statement checks out.
You responded to me responding to the "highly unlikely" quote, let's not change the goal posts now. But even with you changing the parameters I still count 30 "Bolton level" players, particularly when taking Bolton's inconsistency into account. At the end of the day this is all about what a top 5 pick is worth, and only the most one-eyed Tigers supporters would think they've been short changed when comparing that to Bolton.

You responded to me responding to the "highly unlikely" quote, let's not change the goal posts now. But even with you changing the parameters I still count 30 "Bolton level" players, particularly when taking Bolton's inconsistency into account. At the end of the day this is all about what a top 5 pick is worth, and only the most one-eyed Tigers supporters would think they've been short changed when comparing that to Bolton.
Actually I responded to you saying "You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton."

Then you posted a list of 29 names out of 50, with quite a few incorrect and a handful way too early as I said. Your statement of being 'likely to find someone better' is factually incorrect. That's all.

Actually I responded to you saying "You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton."

Then you posted a list of 29 names out of 50, with quite a few incorrect and a handful way too early as I said. Your statement of being 'likely to find someone better' is factually incorrect. That's all.
Yeeeeeah it's not though is it, not if you look at it objectively. Only a one-eyed Richmond supporter would look at that list and say that Bolton has been consistently better than all 29 what those players are producing or are going to produce over the journey.

Yeeeeeah it's not though is it, not if you look at it objectively. Only a one-eyed Richmond supporter would look at that list and say that Bolton has been consistently better than all 29 what those players are producing or are going to produce over the journey.
That's not what I said though?

You saying "You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton" means statistically that over half of the top 5 players taken in the last decade must be better than Bolton, which is just not true.

As someone who has no dog in the fight, I'd want more than pick 5 for a contracted Shai Bolton.

Apart from a few Richmond nuffies on here that can't see it, contracted and uncontracted makes a big difference.

Reid
McKercher
Walter
Watson
Ashcroft
Sheezel
Wardlaw
JHF
Darcy
Daicos
Andrew
JUH
Rowell
Anderson
Jackson
Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
Rozee
Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Taranto
McCluggage
Weitering
Mills
Oliver
Petracca
De Goey

That's a easy list to comprise because you know what those players are now that they are in the system.
Draftees are an unknown quantity compared to what we know what we have in Bolton.
Its not that hard to understand.

Thats why i said id only trade Bolton for an established FF or CHF which is a big need of ours.

FS man.

That's a easy list to comprise because you know what those players are now that they are in the system.
Draftees are an unknown quantity compared to what we know what we have in Bolton.
Its not that hard to understand.

Thats why i said id only trade Bolton for an established FF or CHF which is a big need of ours.

FS man.
Matt Taberner right now:

Despicable Me Hello GIF by Minions

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back