Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe because Kysaiah has had actual links and ties to Port unlike Fremantle. So yeah, there's more reason for them to be excited. You lot IMO don't really care about who he is, his family or what it actually means. Clearly just want a good player.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

You're allowed to just admit you're bitter the link is Freo not Port. Nobody would hold it against you, it's what we'd all do in the reverse situation.

You don't pass on potentially getting Bolton and Pickett. You get them and if by some bizarre accounting you have enough for Warner, you deal with it next year. Bolton is definitely costing two firsts
If we pay two firsts for Bolton then I can't see us getting Pickett as well. Warner will cost a hell of lot more than Bolton. I know he'll will be out of contract but I'd be surprised if WC finish above us on the ladder next year.

We shouldn't over pay. Richmond need draft picks not a player who wants out when they're so far off. They won two games this year.

If we pay two firsts for Bolton then I can't see us getting Pickett as well. Warner will cost a hell of lot more than Bolton. I know he'll will be out of contract but I'd be surprised if WC finish above us on the ladder next year.

We shouldn't over pay. Richmond need draft picks not a player who wants out when they're so far off. They won two games this year.
I am prepared to give up on Warner for Bolton and Pickett instead

For 1 pick we will just hold him and take the other 6 or 7 picks we will have and you can use your 3.

Bolton will still be around once we rebuild.

If you prefer to give away all our draft capital for both fair enough but if we give two picks for Bolton how are we getting Pickett?
We'd have one more first this year and one next year. We have access to 4 1sts, it can get done if Melbourne are open to trading him because he really really wants to leave

A first this year and next year, done deal.
Why would Melbourne let Pickett go for less than we pay for Bolton? They're not as far off as Richmond.
Richmond need high draft picks ahead of Tassie coming in. They're miles away.

They need a top ten pick more than they need Bolton.

Why would Melbourne let Pickett go for less than we pay for Bolton? They're not as far off as Richmond.

It'd be about the same though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be about the same though?
Richmond - 9 + F1
Melbourne - 10 + 17

As a very reasonable gentlemen, how low wpuld Port need to finish for you to prefer that pick over a future 1st?
Probably take the Port pick and see if we can turn it into a different F1 given Freo should smash it next year.

No they aren't, a future is worth less than a current pick. You miss out on a year of development.

Richmond won two games this year, they're stuffed,

Don't over pay in draft picks to a club that is desperate for draft picks.
I think Richmond are going to have so many picks this year that the future 1st has real appeal and as Pies have shown, there is nothing guaranteed the next year. If you can be patient, you often end up winning, certainly has worked that way for us.

If Walls cons Richmond into giving up Bolton for only 1 of our four firsts, I'l build him statue and I'll commiserate the poor Tigers supporters who go to jail for murdering their list manager

Yeah thats the key to getting a trade done. I definitely think it helps that in the latest mock drafts most of the experts are saying that from 4-20 the talent pool is very even so picks in the 9-20 range have more value than previous years. I honestly think the deal for Bolton has already been agreed upon as I dont think he would have come out publicly if he thought a deal wasn't highly likely to get done.
Rioli deal as good as done, Bolton trade not close yet.

I think Richmond are going to have so many picks this year that the future 1st has real appeal and as Pies have shown, there is nothing guaranteed the next year. If you can be patient, you often end up winning, certainly has worked that way for us.

If Walls cons Richmond into giving up Bolton for only 1 of our four firsts, I'l build him statue and I'll commiserate the poor Tigers supporters who go to jail for murdering their list manager
Earlier you seemed to be saying a F1 as part of a Pickett trade.

I don't think pick 9 for Bolton is a con. Richmond need draft picks ahead of Tassie coming in. They're years away and Bolton wants out. We have bargaining power.

Earlier you seemed to be saying a F1 as part of a Pickett trade.

I don't think pick 9 for Pickett is a con. Richmond need draft picks ahead of Tassie coming in. They're years away and Bolton wants out. We have bargaining power.
Either / or, my point being the value of the four 1sts is very even if you split them. I agree on the bargaining power which is the only reason trading for a contracted Pickett and Bolton is remotely possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back