Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure he his but what's the point in keeping him when a top 10 pick is on offer? If Freo think they can get Warner next year they'll want to store as much capital as possible. If we blow two first rounders on Bolton we'll know it's not happening.
Do you honestly think you are getting Bolton for less than 2 x first rounders? Not happening I can assure you.

Either / or, my point being the value of the four 1sts is very even if you split them. I agree on the bargaining power which is the only reason trading for a contracted Pickett and Bolton is remotely possible.
What I mean by bargaining power is that Richmond don't hold all the cards. We have something Richmond desperately want. There is little point in them keeping Bolton.

What I mean by bargaining power is that Richmond don't hold all the cards. We have something Richmond desperately want. There is little point in them keeping Bolton.
He’s 25 with 4 years left on his contract. He’s already told the club if a deal can’t be done he’s happy to stay. Fella hasn’t even reached his prime yet. I can assure you he’ll be held to his contract unless dockers pay overs. It’s on the dockers to come up with a deal that Richmond is happy with, not the other way around.

He’s 25 with 4 years left on his contract. He’s already told the club if a deal can’t be done he’s happy to stay. Fella hasn’t even reached his prime yet. I can assure you he’ll be held to his contract unless dockers pay overs. It’s on the dockers to come up with a deal that Richmond is happy with, not the other way around.
If Richmond don't want to bank a top ten draft pick to keep a player who wants out head of Tassie coming in good luck to them.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

You're allowed to just admit you're bitter the link is Freo not Port. Nobody would hold it against you, it's what we'd all do in the reverse situation.
Pickets not signed anywhere else yet but the denial, grieving stuffs already happening.....🤣🤣

As another stated, Bolton has also said he's good to stay at Richmond if no deal can be done this year.

Also you say Tigers need the picks? They do, yeah, bit they've already got quite a decent amount of picks to start with and then add the Rioli trade with Suns, Baker with Eagles and they could definitely pick swap with a few clubs who are looking at father-son picks, etc.. for example swap picks with Lions for their 1st, Suns and even Carlton for their 1st. Lots of options for them to do.

They hold the power here not Freo

Which contracted player hasn’t said something along the lines of “if a deal can’t be done I’ll be happy to stay next season”?

Just because that’s the official line doesn’t mean it changes any negotiations. It’s just there to save face on the off chance a trade doesn’t go through. You guys place too much value on routine trade talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's his comment on that?

It's a no brainer.
Who knows if Warners going to leave, gotta take the what you know in this case, not sit on your hands for the maybe what will happen.
And we've discussed this on the Freo board but Bolton are actually very similar players. If you somehow get both you play Bolton forward and Warner more mid but Pickett/Bolton is a best cost to benefit ratio. **** it's fun talking about these players and Freo

And we've discussed this on the Freo board but Bolton are actually very similar players. If you somehow get both you play Bolton forward and Warner more mid but Pickett/Bolton is a best cost to benefit ratio. **** it's fun talking about these players and Freo
Agree with all except the bolded.

You gave up pick 12 and 19 for a 24 year old former pick 2 who went and won your best and fairest in his first year at the tigers. Are you disengenuous or just dopey?
He had a good year but he isn't a premiership player like the other 3 and we beat them in a Grand Final when GWS has an equally if not more talented list than ours.

"isn't a premiership player like the other 3"
I mean that's just totally irrelevant when comparing any player regardless.
Taranto is an average player mate, the other 3 are much better & Taranto was out of contract by the way, and I still think we gave up too much.

"isn't a premiership player like the other 3"
I mean that's just totally irrelevant when comparing any player regardless.

Umm, it's really not irrelevant at all. There's a reason an inexperienced team playing finals for 1st time playing against a team with experienced finals players shows dramatically a lot of the times. That's just finals in general.

When it's players playing in grand finals and winning, it's another step. That experience alone is what can & does make a player.

If they've been there before, they know the pressure.

David Mundy says Fremantle should give up whatever it takes to get Bolton at the club & it will be worth it.

2 first round picks have always been the marker at a bare minimum for a player of Bolton's caliber especially in contract.

Geelong gave up 3 first rounders for Cameron everyone said was overs at the time & guess what they won a Premiership, different positions but again it was list hole, Fremantle has a list hole in the position of Bolton.

Everything Fremantle do from here on should be about winning their first flag in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back