Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I expect Freo to split 10 to a club. Say swans 18 & 19 + F2 for say 10, 27 & F3. If Tigers demand more they can add 18 and get 29 back.
A lot of to play out.

I think the Tigers will trade out second and third picks for the Lions first round pick. Tigers promise not to bid on Ashcroft.

Gold Coast looking to get Rioli, points for an academy pick and a pick before the academy bid.

Then you have Baker deciding between West Coast and Fremantle.

A lot of moving parts and the Tigers are in the middle of it.

He's worth more than Taranto even if he was out of contract. Given he's contracted long term he's worth considerably more.

Points are a garbage metric for anything bar academy/father son bids.
Id argue that the contracted part is meaningless. If Richmond really wanted to keep him it would be straight out nope not happening.

Id argue that the contracted part is meaningless. If Richmond really wanted to keep him it would be straight out nope not happening.
Won't surprise if that happens with one of Shai or Rioli unless both offers are too good to refuse. Rioli more likely I think but never know.

I just cant see it happening though. Clubs want players who wanna be there. Not a good example to set if your highest paid player just doesn't wanna be there
I'm sure the other teams will pay up so will be a non issue. The fact they're contracted absolutely will come into play for the price Richmond want.

The incentive to trade both is the clubs they're going to both have great currency. If that currency isn't on the table then may as well look at the option of holding our best players.

I'm sure the other teams will pay up so will be a non issue. The fact they're contracted absolutely will come into play for the price Richmond want.

The incentive to trade both is the clubs they're going to both have great currency. If that currency isn't on the table then may as well look at the option of holding our best players.
I get that they are contracted. But realistically Richmond wouldn't even be entertaining a trade if they really wanted to keep them

Our leverage is we can walk away and approach other players and clubs with our huge haul of draft capital.

Richmond has the clock ticking with Tassie approaching. It’s not a one way street.

Why are you trying to apply leverage here. You’ve made a million first round picks and your list is young. Don’t need to waste time arguing in trade period for the sake of it.

Shai will create scores and fix ball movement, so much so that longmuir can get away with being super conservative behind the ball.

He’s literally the perfect addition to the list, and imo is what could get you over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our leverage is we can walk away and approach other players and clubs with our huge haul of draft capital.

Richmond has the clock ticking with Tassie approaching. It’s not a one way street.
Simon Garlick has made it a 'one way street'

"Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick has declared the Dockers’ time to deliver is now and the club will no longer spend time looking into the future as they strive to win their first premiership."

Now go and find one or two players that have sustained finals and Premiership winning experience that can drive the team forward.

Which other players do you have in mind to target this year?

"Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick has declared the Dockers’ time to deliver is now and the club will no longer spend time looking into the future as they strive to win their first premiership."

Now go and find one or two players that have sustained finals and Premiership winning experience that can drive the team forward.

Are you dense?

Kosi and Warner. Might shake them loose if the price is all our first rounders like some of the Richmond posters believe.

There is a walk away price & extreme overs can pry required players out of clubs.

Kosi and Warner. Might shake them loose if the price is all our first rounders like some of the Richmond posters believe.

There is a walk away price & extreme overs can pry required players out of clubs.
You dont walk away when you woo someone who literally fits the exact type of player you need that doesnt grow on trees.

So by your logic, not mine BTW, you think it's ok to try and 'pry loose' those players by using all of your 1st rounders? Yet it's not ok to pay some of your 1st rounders to secure a player that wants to come?

FWIW, I believe Warner is a viable target for Fremantle next year, which would likely take your first-round pick off the table. However, fitting Warner within your TPP's could pose a significant challenge. Suppose the Tigers were to cover a considerable part of Bolton's salary for the next two years, thereby facilitating a genuine attempt at acquiring Warner. What value would then be assigned to such an opportunity?

So by your logic, not mine BTW, you think it's ok to try and 'pry loose' those players by using all of your 1st rounders? Yet it's not ok to pay some of your 1st rounders to secure a player that wants to come?

FWIW, I believe Warner is a viable target for Fremantle next year, which would likely take your first-round pick off the table. However, fitting Warner within your TPP's could pose a significant challenge. Suppose the Tigers were to cover a considerable part of Bolton's salary for the next two years, thereby facilitating a genuine attempt at acquiring Warner. What value would then be assigned to such an opportunity?
Who says they don’t want to come? The comment was based on all three firsts getting bandied about. Clubs never have three and 2 are top 10.

9 & 16 for Bolton should involve salary to smooth the contract out (Slightly back ended deal). 9 & 10 would be a very large chuck of salary. Baker isn’t worth 16, he is early 2nd round at best and has no contract.

This draft has also got teams frothing so picks hold a bit more value this year than normal. Don’t rule out some teams coming out of the woodwork with players on the table to get a piece of them.

I think it gets done, but its a supply and demand scenario and our phone hasn’t stopped ringing for three weeks.

Let's look at what I wrote.

The exact numbers were irrelevant to the point.

The point was, given the position that statement left the list managers in, might they be forced to take a 'bad' deal they would otherwise have walked away from.
Taking a bad deal in the lead up to this draft would be insane.

Sounds like he is getting pushed out. :p

On face value, Rioli isn’t worth pick 6, but if Richmond can’t extract it from the Suns – even giving a later pick back – it will be disappointed, given he is contracted.

Bolton will eventually get to Fremantle, which has picks 9 and 10.

Richmond players believed he ran his own race while he believed the game plan wasn’t clear enough.

So by round 1 next year Adem Yze and new coaching acquisition Blake Caracella will want an absolutely crystal-clear game plan identifiable to all.

Richmond can’t trade Tom Lynch – their forward line would be non-existent without him – and selling memberships might be impossible.

Jack Graham is a chance to stay, but has some interest from South Australia-based clubs given he’s a local and wavering on whether to move to Perth to join a WA team. But in a draft where the No. 1 pick is as open as at any time in the past decade Richmond has so much to do. And has so much at stake.

Who says they don’t want to come? The comment was based on all three firsts getting bandied about. Clubs never have three and 2 are top 10.

9 & 16 for Bolton should involve salary to smooth the contract out (Slightly back ended deal). 9 & 10 would be a very large chuck of salary. Baker isn’t worth 16, he is early 2nd round at best and has no contract.

This draft has also got teams frothing so picks hold a bit more value this year than normal. Don’t rule out some teams coming out of the woodwork with players on the table to get a piece of them.

I think it gets done, but its a supply and demand scenario and our phone hasn’t stopped ringing for three weeks.
The fact that you said you would have to pry them loose by offering all of your 1st round picks implies that that they don't want to come, it's quite a deal different to trading for a needed player who has expressed a desire to land there.

Added to that is also the fact that Garlick has categorically stated that Freo aren't interested in drafting, they want to trade in players that will take you to the promised land and at this point in time Kosi isn't available and neither is Warner. Are the Dockers going to thumb their nose at securing Bolton and giving themselves a realistic shot at Warner next year? I think not.
Be prepared to lose 5 x 1st round picks over the next 3 years because that will be what it takes to lift the Dockers from obscurity to a real Premiership threat. End of the day it's a small price to pay.

Sounds like he is getting pushed out. :p

On face value, Rioli isn’t worth pick 6, but if Richmond can’t extract it from the Suns – even giving a later pick back – it will be disappointed, given he is contracted.

Bolton will eventually get to Fremantle, which has picks 9 and 10.

Richmond players believed he ran his own race while he believed the game plan wasn’t clear enough.

So by round 1 next year Adem Yze and new coaching acquisition Blake Caracella will want an absolutely crystal-clear game plan identifiable to all.

Richmond can’t trade Tom Lynch – their forward line would be non-existent without him – and selling memberships might be impossible.

Jack Graham is a chance to stay, but has some interest from South Australia-based clubs given he’s a local and wavering on whether to move to Perth to join a WA team. But in a draft where the No. 1 pick is as open as at any time in the past decade Richmond has so much to do. And has so much at stake.
One minute you guys are decrying the 'news' that Ralph comes up with, nek minute your quoting him when it suits your agenda.

It really doesn't matter why he's leaving, it's the fact that he's available at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back