Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that you said you would have to pry them loose by offering all of your 1st round picks implies that that they don't want to come, it's quite a deal different to trading for a needed player who has expressed a desire to land there.

Added to that is also the fact that Garlick has categorically stated that Freo aren't interested in drafting, they want to trade in players that will take you to the promised land and at this point in time Kosi isn't available and neither is Warner. Are the Dockers going to thumb their nose at securing Bolton and giving themselves a realistic shot at Warner next year? I think not.
Be prepared to lose 5 x 1st round picks over the next 3 years because that will be what it takes to lift the Dockers from obscurity to a real Premiership threat. End of the day it's a small price to pay.
lol Garlick has absolutely not categorically ruled out drafting. all he said is no excuses for being young anymore.

I get that they are contracted. But realistically Richmond wouldn't even be entertaining a trade if they really wanted to keep them
Of course we would in our position. Bolton probably isn't in our next flag, maybe in his twilight years if we did everything right from here, Rioli definetely isn't based on their age. For that reason, I think we're open to trading anyone with currency.

There's speculation we will let Balta go as a RFA next year because we will likely get pick 2 compensation back (assuming we finish last and our pick is pick 1 again).

Sometimes despite wanting to keep them, decisions might have to be made about who has currency that can help bring our next premiership, which is the goal of all the guys we're going to bring in with good picks this year.

Of course we would in our position. Bolton probably isn't in our next flag, maybe in his twilight years if we did everything right from here, Rioli definetely isn't based on their age. For that reason, I think we're open to trading anyone with currency.

There's speculation we will let Balta go as a RFA next year because we will likely get pick 2 compensation back (assuming we finish last and our pick is pick 1 again).

Sometimes despite wanting to keep them, decisions might have to be made about who has currency that can help bring our next premiership, which is the goal of all the guys we're going to bring in with good picks this year.
I think there are just players you keep at all costs. Bolton doesn't strike me as that to Richmond, especially after Ralphs comments today.

I think there are just players you keep at all costs. Bolton doesn't strike me as that to Richmond, especially after Ralphs comments today.
Agree, Bolton is worth more to us traded than he is keeping.

I've said it many times, he is not the grit guy to stay on top and motivated during a rebuild where we'll be bottom 4 for the next few years.

Cash in on a guy that makes a difference to a contender, and hopefully turn those picks into guys that can be 10-15 year players and maybe feature in our next flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back