Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

You have plenty to lose, tats naive IMO

Look at how close the comp is, look at how close you were. Bolton is a difference maker in your current team which is stacked but lacking game changers.
At the end of the day yes Bolton is a need, but not enough of a need to bend over and let Richmond **** us raw with an unfair trade that may come back and bite us in the arse.

It's funny that fans views on what picks are reasonable is literally just agreeing with whatever the club says. Fans never seem to think that the club is OVER valuing a player

9 and 10 is very obviously overs and any Richmond fan who legitimately thinks otherwise is just being a nuffy. Doesn't mean we won't end up paying it (presumably with something coming back), but to sincerely suggest that Bailey Smith is worth one late first and Shai Bolton is worth two top 10 picks is just dumb
It’s the vic tax the media put on.
Player leaving Vic= 2 first rders
Player changing vic clubs or trading in to vic club= late first rder

At the end of the day yes Bolton is a need, but not enough of a need to bend over and let Richmond **** us raw with an unfair trade that may come back and bite us in the arse.

Unfortunately I think this trade is heading straight towards the outcome that leaves both sets of fans unhappy - 10 and 11 for Bolton and 23

It's funny that fans views on what picks are reasonable is literally just agreeing with whatever the club says. Fans never seem to think that the club is OVER valuing a player

9 and 10 is very obviously overs and any Richmond fan who legitimately thinks otherwise is just being a nuffy. Doesn't mean we won't end up paying it (presumably with something coming back), but to sincerely suggest that Bailey Smith is worth one late first and Shai Bolton is worth two top 10 picks is just dumb
The ironic thing is Richmond fans saying stuff like "WE won't accept 10 and 18" Who the **** is we? Last I checked they don't work for the Richmond Football Club, they don't know what their list managers will accept.

If one pick difference in a trade with bugger all places difference is that big of a deal, then you are not in the position you think your team is.

Its not that wild bro, relax.

But one of the Richmond posters here claims to be a list manager.

Might be a grocery list that his wife gave him.
Not only that but over on the Richmond board they claim that "Fremantle supporters" (plural) are saying it's 9 and a future first now, I think maybe one person on our board has said that.

Won't stop them from being dramatic and trying to claim we're all saying that though 🤣

Richmond fans aren't the brightest people.

Not only that but over on the Richmond board they claim that "Fremantle supporters" (plural) are saying it's 9 and a future first now, I think maybe one person on our board has said that.

Won't stop them from being dramatic and trying to claim we're all saying that though 🤣

Richmond fans aren't the brightest people.

Iron GIF by Design Museum Gent

If one pick difference in a trade with bugger all places difference is that big of a deal, then you are not in the position you think your team is.

Its not that wild bro, relax.
But if you look at it like that, both sets of fans are arguing over something that isn't a huge difference in the grand scheme of things though.

The majority of Freo fans think 10 + 18 is a fair deal. The majority of Richmond fans think 10 + 11 is a fair deal. On paper, the gap btwn those 2 positions is small enough that you could basically bridge it by going "whoever's choice you take has to pay a current or future 2nd rounder the other way".

Obviously I'm biased, but I'd suggest it becomes the 10 + 18 option. Freo love trading their future 2nd and they'll really want to keep 1 of the higher picks, either for flexibility to do trades or just because with list spots relatively tight, they should be quality over quantity. You'd imagine they'd be fine sending Richmond the steak knives if it meant not trading 11. Might even attach some weird romanticism to giving you guys Trent Knobel's son (Snuff might genuinely hate that more than giving up pick 11). Meanwhile I believe list spots aren't as tight for you guys (might change with all those 1sts), and you guys are in pole position to stack draft pick points picks for an extra first, either from Gold Coast or Brisbane.

But if you look at it like that, both sets of fans are arguing over something that isn't a huge difference in the grand scheme of things though.

The majority of Freo fans think 10 + 18 is a fair deal. The majority of Richmond fans think 10 + 11 is a fair deal. On paper, the gap btwn those 2 positions is small enough that you could basically bridge it by going "whoever's choice you take has to pay a current or future 2nd rounder the other way".

Obviously I'm biased, but I'd suggest it becomes the 10 + 18 option. Freo love trading their future 2nd and they'll really want to keep 1 of the higher picks, either for flexibility to do trades or just because with list spots relatively tight, they should be quality over quantity. You'd imagine they'd be fine sending Richmond the steak knives if it meant not trading 11. Might even attach some weird romanticism to giving you guys Trent Knobel's son (Snuff might genuinely hate that more than giving up pick 11). Meanwhile I believe list spots aren't as tight for you guys (might change with all those 1sts), and you guys are in pole position to stack draft pick points picks for an extra first, either from Gold Coast or Brisbane.
My response was based on the poster stating 10&11 could **** you guys long term or words to that effect.

My point is, if 10+11 have long term negative impact but 10 + 18 dont, then your list isnt ready to bring in the cream on top, but also I wanted to highlight that what they said didnt make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I, like you, am pretty bemused by the entrenched and parochial views of both supporter bases in respect of this when I think most even minded people think it'll probably get done for something that represents slightly less than Richmond want and slightly more than Freo want to pay.

I'd suggest something but said aforementioned groups will likely respond with a 'As if! You can take pick x or go get stuffed because balls in our court hahahah etc etc'.

Suspect the regular confusing horse trading of future later round picks and fringe players usually features heavily in this exact sort of scenario, but I have little doubt in my mind it'll get done.

My response was based on the poster stating 10&11 could **** you guys long term or words to that effect.

My point is, if 10+11 have long term negative impact but 10 + 18 dont, then your list isnt ready to bring in the cream on top, but also I wanted to highlight that what they said didnt make sense.
Fair, but just in general throughout this thread you have arguments on both sides that the gap btwn 11 and 18 being given up/received is blasphemous. We're at the point where everyone agrees on the first 85-90% of the deal, but now are haggling over the last 10-15% and pretending the sky will fall if it doesn't go their way.

Still feel like 9 & 16 get it done, now 10 & 18.

My prediction remains unchanged:

Picks 10,18, future 2nd, Max Knobel
FOR
Shai Bolton, pick 31

Fair, but just in general throughout this thread you have arguments on both sides that the gap btwn 11 and 18 being given up/received is blasphemous. We're at the point where everyone agrees on the first 85-90% of the deal, but now are haggling over the last 10-15% and pretending the sky will fall if it doesn't go their way.
I think we can both agree, what ever the deal ends up, both side will feel cheated, which means it was probably close to fair.

Interesting back and forth here. I had similar battles against the brick wall when practicing my tennis back in the day.

Look, I’ll place my marker. I actually just assumed it would cost our first 2 picks from the outset. Salary part of it, a pick back? Whatever, I didn’t really care.

The fact it’s come out as 9, 16? I’m actually pretty bloody pumped.

We’ll likely move into offering 9, 10 and the Freo supporters will be up in arms. Tigers will likely look after us at the back end of the trade, whatever that is, and their supporters will be up in arms.

If it is done for 9, 16 regardless of other parts, that is a massive win in my opinion. Contracted or not.

This is how badly I’d like this sort of player. If we had pick 1. I wouldn’t even hesitate to pay that price. We have a good enough midfield as it is.

Anyway, back to the tennis…

Interesting back and forth here. I had similar battles against the brick wall when practicing my tennis back in the day.

Look, I’ll place my marker. I actually just assumed it would cost our first 2 picks from the outset. Salary part of it, a pick back? Whatever, I didn’t really care.

The fact it’s come out as 9, 16? I’m actually pretty bloody pumped.

We’ll likely move into offering 9, 10 and the Freo supporters will be up in arms. Tigers will likely look after us at the back end of the trade, whatever that is, and their supporters will be up in arms.

If it is done for 9, 16 regardless of other parts, that is a massive win in my opinion. Contracted or not.

This is how badly I’d like this sort of player. If we had pick 1. I wouldn’t even hesitate to pay that price. We have a good enough midfield as it is.

Anyway, back to the tennis…
Where, pray tell, is this so called fact that the trade is for 9 & 16?

My thoughts though are pretty much aligned with yours, but that 9 & 10 is a fair price and adding 16 or 27 makes it overs which is to be expected.

However, the landscape has changed and your brick wall is now a trampoline net making your shots more difficult to return. By that I mean 10 & 11 are now unders and 16 has become 18, 27 has become 29.

So, 10 & 11 & 29 are now a fair price (pretty close to your pick 1 scenario), but we would want overs which is 10 & 11 & 18

Where, pray tell, is this so called fact that the trade is for 9 & 16?

My thoughts though are pretty much aligned with yours, but that 9 & 10 is a fair price and adding 16 or 27 makes it overs which is to be expected.

However, the landscape has changed and your brick wall is now a trampoline net making your shots more difficult to return. By that I mean 10 & 11 are now unders and 16 has become 18, 27 has become 29.

So, 10 & 11 & 29 are now a fair price (pretty close to your pick 1 scenario), but we would want overs which is 10 & 11 & 18

Yeah, good luck with that one.

I’m just commenting on what is being shared by the media and that is 9 and 16 are forming the base of our expectation. Have you not read or listened at all? Doesn’t mean it will be accepted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back