Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashcroft was never available to Richmond, and Battle chose Hawthorn, so the players available to Richmond hasn't changed.
How do people not get this?

That’s true for Ashcroft but incorrect for Battle, our potential selection moves back 1 and Saints can definitely take a player we wanted with that new pick before us

But is he getting added to a deal to justify 10/11&18?
I guess we take 10,11 and Knoble for Bolton if that’s what you’re offering
I'd value him as a 40 odd steaknives. Seriously, you wont know him at all but he's perfect for Richmond. Young ruck with 2 years at AFL under him already.

And I say this as a guy who doesn't want to lose him at all because I'd love the option for him to replace Darcy in a few years.

I understand your point, but why would Freo care about what quality picks they are giving up, when they are essentially turning the Lachie Schultz trade + where they finished into Shai Bolton... especially since you have already said this isn't a strong draft with regards about wanting more than pick 13 for Tom Barrass from Hawthorn.
What they got one of the picks for is irrelevant, it resulted in decent overs, no reason for Freo to throw that away

I'd value him as a 40 odd steaknives. Seriously, you wont know him at all but he's perfect for Richmond. Young ruck with 2 years at AFL under him already.

And I say this as a guy who doesn't want to lose him at all because I'd love the option for him to replace Darcy in a few years.

It’s definitely a need for us.

Colina should be delisted and another kid Hayes-Brown is miles off it.

Just leaves Nank with Samson Or Koschitzke to pinch hit (neither of which should be playing anywhere near AFL)

The matching of Ashcroft and Kako arent really relevant. Still the 10 and 11th pick in the draft.

Theyve still gotta get the most out of their assets as possible, id be very disappointed in my club if they went easy on a trade because they had a win prior.
Take what you can, give nothing back

That’s my point though 10,18 and a player valued pick 40+ isn’t going to change anything
The general consensus was 9 and 16 with nothing back was pretty close, if Richmond have been tracking Knobel (clubs track everyone) then every chance they'd rather him as a sweetener than something else.

Just a thought because it's odd from a Freo perspective there's been nothing on him.

Why not?

10 and 18 is already close as is, then you add steak knives

if its 10 and 11 then you guys are the ones adding steak knives
Pretty simple 10&18 is not close from a Richmond perspective. Results in us selecting players at something like pick 12&21.

The whole debate here is that from both supporter groups there’s a big difference between pick 11 and pick 18. All I’m saying is that Knoble doesn’t close that gap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty simple 10&18 is not close from a Richmond perspective. Results in us selecting players at something like pick 12&21.

The whole debate here is that from both supporter groups there’s a big difference between pick 11 and pick 18. All I’m saying is that Knoble doesn’t close that gap
From your perspective it's not close, despite the fact the consensus before the picks moving a little bit, it was universally agreed that 9 and 10 wpuld require a lot of money paid and 9 and 16 would have nothing paid. 10 and 18 therefore can't be far off if at all...

There just isn't a universe where 10 and 18 isn't close

Its bloody close

It may not get it done but you can't deny it aint close

A 3rd choice ruckman then according to Freo Fans… fine, you can have Oliver Hayes-Brown and Bolton for 10&11.
You can describe him how you want but hes a future 1st choice ruck like Meek, bookmark me

If we're looking at objective value, 9 and 16 was spot on, possibly a little overs for Bolton, but with him being in contract, and the fact that our picks have slid down further, I think 13+14 whatever later picks they end up being will do the job.

I do think the Richmond fans who think West Coast will try and swoop in to get Bolton for pick 3 are very delusional, West Coast aren't a factor with Bolton, they never have been. Bolton wants Fremantle.

You can describe him how you want but hes a future 1st choice ruck like Meek, bookmark me

I’m agreeing with you that he’s a need and take your word he has a bright future. But based on current value he’s around mid 40s likely, so I just don’t think there’s enough there to close the gap between the clubs.

Either way, deal will get done.

If it’s 10&11, freo fans will be annoyed until round 1 when Shai has already kicked 3 and has 20+ and sat on someone's head (just have to endure that he also misses a set shot from 20m straight in front).

If it’s 10&18, Richmond fans will be annoyed until we draft someone “we rated in the top 10” at pick 18.

Why does it make sense? The Tigers want draft picks not players
You want draft picks....for players. Knobel is a ruckman with a huge upside. Way ahead of the curve for his position. I don't want him to go but I daresay you couldn't pick up as good a ruckman in the draft.

And he's only 19

You want draft picks....for players. Knobel is a ruckman with a huge upside. Way ahead of the curve for his position. I don't want him to go but I daresay you couldn't pick up as good a ruckman in the draft.

Maybe Freo supporters don't understand "We will not be trading in any Rucks with our picks"
So trying to offer a Ruckman who hasn't even been offered a new contract by Freo as part of the trade deal for Bolton is laughable and I'm sure David Walls isn't as foolish as some Freo supporters to even offer.

Maybe Freo supporters don't understand "We will not be trading in any Rucks with our picks"
So trying to offer a Ruckman who hasn't even been offered a new contract by Freo as part of the trade deal for Bolton is laughable and I'm sure David Walls isn't as foolish as some Freo supporters to even offer.
I hope he's not offered.
I could see him getting offered as steak knives and talent is talent. You are in a rebuild after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back