Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Freo supporters don't understand "We will not be trading in any Rucks with our picks"
So trying to offer a Ruckman who hasn't even been offered a new contract by Freo as part of the trade deal for Bolton is laughable and I'm sure David Walls isn't as foolish as some Freo supporters to even offer.
Freo supporters aren't offering him tbf, we are worried you might poach him as steak knives, none of us want to lose him

It just seems wild for us to lose Knobel, who do the Tigers have developing in the VFL as a ruck? Colina?

I think Ryan is more of a forward
Ryan is way more ruck than forward. Dominates the VFL.

The general consensus was 9 and 16 with nothing back was pretty close, if Richmond have been tracking Knobel (clubs track everyone) then every chance they'd rather him as a sweetener than something else.

Just a thought because it's odd from a Freo perspective there's been nothing on him.

From your perspective it's not close, despite the fact the consensus before the picks moving a little bit, it was universally agreed that 9 and 10 wpuld require a lot of money paid and 9 and 16 would have nothing paid. 10 and 18 therefore can't be far off if at all...
What the **** is this 'general consensus' and 'universally agreed' gaslighting horseshit? It doesn't go to a vote of ****wit AFL jernos.

The whole 9 & 16 'consensus' came from Twomey's mail that 9, 10 and 16 were on the table for Bolton and Baker. To believe 9 & 16 were 'universally agreed' as Bolton's value, you'd have to agree that Baker was worth pick 10. Freo would not give 10 for Baker in a standalone deal, and Richmond would not accept 9 and 16 for Bolton. In reality, in the 9, 10, 16 scenario the 16 was for Baker.

What the **** is this 'general consensus' and 'universally agreed' gaslighting horseshit? It doesn't go to a vote of ****wit AFL jernos.

The whole 9 & 16 'consensus' came from Twomey's mail that 9, 10 and 16 were on the table for Bolton and Baker. To believe 9 & 16 were 'universally agreed' as Bolton's value, you'd have to agree that Baker was worth pick 10. Freo would not give 10 for Baker in a standalone deal, and Richmond would not accept 9 and 16 for Bolton. In reality, in the 9, 10, 16 scenario the 16 was for Baker.
It was the media consensus, even your mouthpiece Ralph said 9 and 16

Not sure if you're ignorant or dishonest.

If you wanna argue that Richmond won't accept that and they'll hold steadfast on it being Freo's top 2 picks, that's at least an arguable position. But pretending media reporting hasn't been that 9 and 16 (now 10 and 18) is what Freo are putting on the table is just lunacy.

10/11 for Bolton seems excessive. Richmond doesn't have much time before Tasmania joins the league, so surely the picks are worth more to them than Bolton. He isn’t a strong leader, he’s not crucial to keep around for the rebuild. Plus Bolton seems to have already accepted living in WA. Surely, even if they offered 11/18, Richmond would take that and run.

Last edited:

In my universe 9 & 16 is fine
He’s already moved here

All the best and Good luck in the future

1728119028531.gif

In my universe 9 & 16 is fine
He’s already moved here

All the best and Good luck in the future

View attachment 2132818

Can someone please link to the source that shows Bolton has already moved back to WA?

He would have spent every offseason since being drafted back in WA (and then returning later in the year for pre season)

The Tigers supporters without their head up their arse were saying 9 and 10 with decent salary paid, ie 9 and 10 is obviously overs, many even agreed it could be 9 and 16 with nothing going back. Then you have plenty of Vic media saying the same thing.

Now, you can continue to live with your fingers in your ears but nothing I have said is untrue.

Bolton for Darcy
Yuck. So yuck.
He's been mentioned in here but I think there is a decent chance Knobel is involved. Just odd absolutely no mention of him by Freo or west media and he's out of contract and makes sense from a Tigers perspective
You'd think if he was any chance of leaving that the Dees would've been all over him rather than the journeyman Campbell.

Yuck. So yuck.

You'd think if he was any chance of leaving that the Dees would've been all over him rather than the journeyman Campbell.
He's not quite ready though and Melbourne seem to think they can still compete (because they're insane). It's more like getting Meek 4 years earlier.

I genuinely hope not, I'm huge on him but I can see him being part of it.

He's not quite ready though and Melbourne seem to think they can still compete (because they're insane). It's more like getting Meek 4 years earlier.

I genuinely hope not, I'm huge on him but I can see him being part of it.
Can't see it. He'd just be going to sit behind Nank for 2-3 seasons and compete with Ryan as backup. Plus we've supposedly given Colina another year and we have OHB developing. Thats enough rucks.

Just 10 and 11 will do fine 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond definitely have the leverage here, it's well known how performance of AFL players maintains and improves when their family has moved to the other side of the country. It never leads to "mental health issue" long stints back with the family during the season and then the following offseason the trade value is even hihigher.
Pretty poor form to keep playing the mental health card to troll Richmond fans. Not the first time I've seen it from you. Do better.

Richmond appear like they’ll have so many first round picks in 2024. If 10 & 18 don’t do it, maybe 10 & our F1 would be more palatable?

I just don’t see 10 & 11 being used unless there’s something significant coming back. Doing 10 & 11 basically means we aren’t chasing any other big fishies in this trade period, which I’m not sure is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty poor form to keep playing the mental health card to troll Richmond fans. Not the first time I've seen it from you. Do better.

Players are historically very happy when their whole family has moved across the country. Let's pretend he will be fine, yeah?

Realistically his partner has stuffed Richmond here.

Players are historically very happy when their whole family has moved across the country. Let's pretend he will be fine, yeah?

Realistically his partner has stuffed Richmond here.
You're a dropkick

You're a dropkick

I'm not the one pretending that Bolton will perform at Richmond in 2025 while his partner and children, including a newborn are on the other side of the country.

Richmond are highly, highly motivated sellers here. It sucks for Richmond but it's a problem Richmond and Bolton are bringing to the WA clubs and getting what they can for him in trade isn't going to be the same as getting best value.

It sucks, but it's not a Freo problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back