Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if you're ignorant or dishonest.

If you wanna argue that Richmond won't accept that and they'll hold steadfast on it being Freo's top 2 picks, that's at least an arguable position. But pretending media reporting hasn't been that 9 and 16 (now 10 and 18) is what Freo are putting on the table is just lunacy.

People talk about clubs having hand in negotiations because the player has a long contract.

The reality for Richmond they need draft picks and if they can't get the trades done, those players will lose trade value next year. Three drafts to go before Tasmania come in and the timeline is very short for Richmond.

If they want higher picks, then they need to pay in terms of salary cap.

Tigers wants pick 6 and plus more for Rioli, they need to be pay a high percentage of Rioli's wage.

Bolton, they would be stupid to have another year of sooky la la and his trade value reduce.

It was the media consensus, even your mouthpiece Ralph said 9 and 16
Lol, Ralph is as much a Richmond mouthpiece as that fella on the podcast with Barra is a Freo mouthpiece. Bloke bends over backwards to discount anything Richmond - I guess in a bid to look impartial - has zero mail from the club, and is as dumb as dogshit.

Not sure if you're ignorant or dishonest.

If you wanna argue that Richmond won't accept that and they'll hold steadfast on it being Freo's top 2 picks, that's at least an arguable position. But pretending media reporting hasn't been that 9 and 16 (now 10 and 18) is what Freo are putting on the table is just lunacy.

Mate, you're the ignorant one. Ignorant of how media narratives are created and perpetuated. As I said, it came from 9, 10 and 16 being on the table for Baker and Bolton and Twomey and co. reasoning that meant 9 and 16 for Shai.

Do you think 10 was on the table for Baker? Seriously?

Some sensitive little purple petals in here. I'll come back when the deal is done.

Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids. Plus Battle and Perryman comps.

Freos picks are likely going to be 12,13 & 21.

A couple of mid firsts and a very late first. Let’s not pretend Freo have some epic draft hand that would bring it back into contention next year.

Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids. Plus Battle and Perryman comps.

Freos picks are likely going to be 12,13 & 21.

A couple of mid firsts and a very late first. Let’s not pretend Freo have some epic draft hand that would bring it back into contention next year.
Your going to have to deal with what's coming I'm afraid

The Tigers supporters without their head up their arse were saying 9 and 10 with decent salary paid, ie 9 and 10 is obviously overs, many even agreed it could be 9 and 16 with nothing going back. Then you have plenty of Vic media saying the same thing.

Now, you can continue to live with your fingers in your ears but nothing I have said is untrue.

This.

The difference between 9/16 and 9/10 will be Richmond paying a significant part of his salary. (and maybe a few later picks shuffled around).

The fun will be that because salary details wont be released, one set of fans will be screaming (and the other cheering/gloating) either way.

Mate, you're the ignorant one. Ignorant of how media narratives are created and perpetuated. As I said, it came from 9, 10 and 16 being on the table for Baker and Bolton and Twomey and co. reasoning that meant 9 and 16 for Shai.

Do you think 10 was on the table for Baker? Seriously?

Some sensitive little purple petals in here. I'll come back when the deal is done.
Richoatthedisco attempting to explain that Cal floating a trade hypothetical was the real story, and clearly journos saying what Freo are literally offering for Bolton isn't what they're actually offering for Bolton.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

You're right. It seemed a pretty ludicrous insinuation at the time.
It may well have been, but as with all of these hypotheticals, it ignores what's coming back. If it was all 3 picks, with a swap of F2 & F3's, plus a considerable salary component for both players, that would be a great deal for Freo. Would that be reported as such though. Cue "can't believe Freo got bent over, etc, etc."

The devil's going to be in the details here. First takes are undoubtedly going to be horrendous.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It may well have been, but as with all of these hypotheticals, it ignores what's coming back. If it was all 3 picks, with a swap of F2 & F3's, plus a considerable salary component for both players, that would be a great deal for Freo. Would that be reported as such though. Cue "can't believe Freo got bent over, etc, etc."

The devil's going to be in the details here. First takes are undoubtedly going to be horrendous.
Sorry, I mean the idea that Baker was the pick 10 part of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back