MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch that crows/gws game yesterday.. it wouldve been 50 degrees in the sun out on that oval..

A couple of crows supporters on our board said it was unbareably hot sitting in the shade in the stand and had to leave to go stand in the tunnels to get some breeze whete it was still bloody hot.

We now have a 5 day break to recover and play your lads coming off a 9 day break..

You will absolutely flog us..

And bet against GWS this week.. they will be struggling to get up this week too..

The players faces said it all as they walked off at halftime.

Not convinced on my team, since 2017 there's something about us when we play you in Adelaide.

I get your point which means if we lose it will be even worse than I think.

How neatly does this fit for the AFL to use as needed later in the season close to finals when length of suspension relaly matters.

You've got the Buddy precedent 1 match ban to wheel out for your Cripps types when they hit someone's head in a semi final and you dont want them to miss the big dance.

Then you've got the 2 matcher Pickett precedent to get VFL clubs out of a jam whilst still trying to look tough on this.

Then there is the McAdam 3 matcher for any shit campaigner who doesn't get fawned over by the media or play for a Vic club where the AFL can point future concussion class actions to ajd claim they were tough on it.

Ingenious really. It's just sad they feel so comfortable not hiding their bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a lot of hypocrisy in three indigenous players getting long suspensions for hits that allowed the hit players to continue when the reigning Brownlow medallist escaped suspension for knocking an indigenous player out.

I mean fair enough if you’re going to call it like it is and try to stop rough play in the face of all these impending lawsuits.

But I just can’t understand the consistency given the two other incidents that happened this weekend.

Picketts looked worse, he left the ground, and actually got him in the head. Can someone explain to me how that is less of a “potential to cause serious injury” than McAdam’s hit was?

If you’re going to crack down on it at least stick to your own set of rules. McAdam 3 weeks? Sure, then Pickett 4 or 5

Three weeks! Unbelievable, seriously unbelievable as Pickett and Franklin's bumps were far worse IMHO. The grading of careless would have been relevant had McAdam decided to make contact with the head and at worse, this is a fine but if it was a week then so be it. All three results do not make sense at all and Christian needs to get his act together quickly.

Decision was a joke. All it proves is that some clubs and players get let off easily.

What makes it totally farcical that the two players who lead with their shoulder and made nothing but contact with the opponents head get the lightest sentences. The Tribunal is a VFL fix.

So the tribunal think the Pickett one was more 'glancing?' GAGF

And 360 predictably just did a big pat on the back piece for the AFL and the MRO.

Then Robbo flirted with the idea of bringing up the core issue fans are losing their minds over - the absolute inconsistency relative to Pickett and what do they do? They laugh about the whole thing.

How out of touch do you need to be with your audience?
360 was already a joke but this just confirms in my mind it isn't trying to discuss issues fans cares about but is in fact a mouthpiece for the AFL.

Boycott it.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back