MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

buddy Franklin was the worst bump of the three by a mile. He should have got 4 minimum.

Pickett was crazy but he was a smaller player in air at a different angle with less overall force.

The problem I have with the McAdam bump is Wehr, if a more aware player, should have prepared to bump McAdam coming at him as part of footy even despite grabbing the ball. A better footballer would know when he grabbed it he was going to get hit and prepared himself for it including pivoting his body to protect himself while getting the footy

AFL want idiots playing clearly.

In fact it could be argued the oblivious nature of Wehr grabbing the ball despite the opponents, as if they were invisible, he was inviting a bump.

It is a bit like that crow that has since retired David Mackay running into the pack getting the ball a few years back oblivious to the contact caused from the inertia. Wehr is similar except he simply seems clueless to possible footy acts taking the footy in such a exposed way. Wehr grabs the footy high as if he is Tom Green. He is not Tom Green so he needs to protect himself more as part of footy.

It is like Pickett missile Bump. If Pickett was Franklin Smith would be dead

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone on here actually still watch that show? Gerard is so far up the AFL’s arse these days

I still think back to Hartletts 3 match ban for a hip and shoulder shepherd for Wingard, because the Suns player (Tape?) got whiplash partly from being totally unaware of his surroundings and not being prepared for contact.

A football act it was, and yet it didn't matter.

They won’t win, there is no way the AFL will let this win.

Luckily the penalty can’t increase

I cannot believe the decision on McAdam. Especially after Franklin's effort

I cannot believe Franklins was not upgraded, it was the epitome of a cheap shot especially when Franklin did not need to do it, coming from a player at the end of his tether

At least McAdam was aiming for the torso and attempted to stay low with a dip

Christian is clearly playing politics\

Pickett was after Smith kicked the ball, so not even in play, would have known he was late to

Last edited:
Three weeks is perfectly fine in isolation.

Next to Pickett and Franklin decisions it is a joke.
Agree with this, I thought McAdam should have got 3 or 4 weeks as soon as I saw his bump. I am OK with his penalty in isolation. But the AFL have created this mess with their soft penalties for Pickett and Franklin. There is no consistency whatsoever with what they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back