Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

👆👆👆

Animated GIF

He's just derailing the thread

Just stating a clear fact, strange a Hawks supporter has so much interest in a trade that doesn't involve them.
I am mostly just boggled by claims by crows like "he is a consistent 35-40 goal player" when he has never kicked more than 25 in a season.

It just seems like some of the most extreme overrating of a player I have seen on big footy. And even stranger is the team who have him demanding the PSD.

Mostly I am just amused by the strangeness of the whole thing.

Yet not boggled by claims he is only worth a 4th round pick as some Melbourne fans have posted .. ok :thumbsu:

Most Adelaide posters have clearly stated that a mid-late 2nd with something going back would probably get the deal done

Your just being disingenuous

Yet not boggled by claims he is only worth a 4th round pick as some Melbourne fans have posted .. ok :thumbsu:

Most Adelaide posters have clearly stated that a mid-late 2nd with something going back would probably get the deal done

Your just being disingenuous
A boot print on his arse for wanting out of the best forward line in the land this year;);):cool:

A boot print on his arse for wanting out of the best forward line in the land this year;);):cool:
lol .. I feel no malice towards McAdam. And I'll be happy for him it works out well at Melbourne

Though I'm not surprised by the hypocrisy of some of the posters here. It does get boring that some posters feel the need to constantly paint Adelaide as the bad guys

Most Adelaide posters have accepted it would probably finish up being a deal similar to Keath (pick 45 and a F2nd from the WB => with a F3rd going back).

Though with that in mind, Adelaide were keen to keep McAdam and that just simply wasn't the case in regard to Keath

lol .. I feel no malice towards McAdam. And I'll be happy for him it works out well at Melbourne

Though I'm not surprised by the hypocrisy of some the posters here. It does get boring that some posters feel the need to constantly paint Adelaide as the bad guys

Most Adelaide posters have accepted it would probably finish up being a deal similar to Keath (pick 45 and a F2nd from the WB => with a F3rd going back).

Though with that in mind, Adelaide are keen to keep McAdam and that just simply wasn't the case in regard to Keath
Me neither..my comment was a joke

9 and McAdam for 13 and 25?

I wouldn't have thought McAdam is the piece to make a move up with - but it gives Adelaide the 'usable' piece it's after.

Feels a bit light for them still.

9 and McAdam for 13 and 25?

I wouldn't have thought McAdam is the piece to make a move up with - but it gives Adelaide the 'usable' piece it's after.

Feels a bit light for them still.
If we knew the player we wanted at 9 would be there at 13...I could run with it. It also gives flexibility to maybe move up the order - ie 13 and 25 for geelongs 7 maybe... as part of a trade strategy I am not dead against that (so it would essentially be McAdam and pick 9 for pick 7)

If we knew the player we wanted at 9 would be there at 13...I could run with it. It also gives flexibility to maybe move up the order - ie 13 and 25 for geelongs 7 maybe... as part of a trade strategy I am not dead against that (so it would essentially be McAdam and pick 9 for pick 7)
Yeah, look - at least they're usable picks. Not sure I like it but I could see the strategic value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nowhere near the gangbang that Sydney orchestrated with Kurt Tippett putting that spud Jesse White up as a fair trade option...

Takes a long long time to forget something like that when you've been that severely rogered....still doesn't even come close to leveling the score.
The tippett debacle was hugely complicated and corrupt though, and probably goes beyond the scope of what can be discussed in a shane mcadam forum. I would say that Adelaide and tippett were probably the key offenders though (hence all the sanctions).

You don't have a pick anywhere near there ATM - 33 then 88!

No, it doesn't feel right. I'd send him to the PSD rather than accept that offer.
what's it with crows fans threatening the PSD? You're stuck in the dark ages if you think thats ever going to happen. this is a 28 year old that is always injured. It'll be a nothing pick in the 40's

I just don’t see how a late second for a forward who is wanted by the crows and has averaged 1.6 goals a game over the last 3 seasons is overs. Especially when you factor in that Melbourne are desperate for immediate goal scoring option and they don’t have many alternatives available on the market. Maybe Melb get a f4 back but I can’t see why we’d accept a deal without one of your late seconds.
because he's old and he doesn't play full seasons

what's it with crows fans threatening the PSD? You're stuck in the dark ages if you think thats ever going to happen. this is a 28 year old that is always injured. It'll be a nothing pick in the 40's
Why should we make your team stronger and ours weaker for a nothing pick?

Then grab him in the PSD. Clearly no one else will want him.
lol imagine thinking that you're going to treat one of your players like trash because you wanted pick 35 instead of pick 45. pathetic culture setting behaviour. He'll come to the dees and the trade will take about 5 minutes to sort out.

lol imagine thinking that you're going to treat one of your hopefully new players like trash and risk sending him to the PSD because you wanted to offer pick 45 instead of pick 35. Pathetic culture setting behaviour. He'll come to the dees and the trade will take about 5 minutes to sort out when the Dees get real and offer fair value of a 2nd rounder.
FTFY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back