Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuck lacks football smarts. He is OK when he just runs around after the ball like he was in the under-10s, but when it comes to actually playing AFL footy he gets caught out.

You only have to go down to Coburg matches and listen to the likes of Talbot, O'Connor and co coaching him on where to run and where not to go to realise he is a bit football dim. Just little things like following the ball into the forward line and getting in the way of the leading players, or at stoppages standing right in the middle of the space that the game-plan calls to be left free.

Basically he gets good stats because he is a kick-chaser who doesn't play a team-orientated brand of footy. Hence the refusal to give him a game.

Weaver said:
Tuck lacks football smarts. He is OK when he just runs around after the ball like he was in the under-10s, but when it comes to actually playing AFL footy he gets caught out.

You only have to go down to Coburg matches and listen to the likes of Talbot, O'Connor and co coaching him on where to run and where not to go to realise he is a bit football dim. Just little things like following the ball into the forward line and getting in the way of the leading players, or at stoppages standing right in the middle of the space that the game-plan calls to be left free.

Basically he gets good stats because he is a kick-chaser who doesn't play a team-orientated brand of footy. Hence the refusal to give him a game.

If thats the case then he definitely needs to be given run with rolls week in week out, he looks a strong body type, runs hard, is worth perservering with

Weaver said:

Sorry, but that is a load of crap Weaver.

I know it's an old post, but i would hardly say Tuck played for himself in those 3 games.

How old is Tuck? 24/25 at the start of net year? Hardly a prospect...

At best Tuck will be a average player, one which push for a 22 spot and give postive compitition for the better players.

However he seems to have some good attributes and hopfully will play well, im sure he will get chances during the course of the years. He is never going to be one of our best 10 players but a bloke which will be good to have at hte club, if he perfoms near his best.

Along with the Chaffy, Tivendale, Morisson types it will be a make or brake season for him. If he shows to Plough he is an important player he will stay. If not I have no doubt he will be shown the door.

259969.jpg

Huge arms on him thou. :eek:

Unless Tuck improves dramatically, he will be lucky to play AFL in 2006.

The biggest problem Tuck has is that he lacks vision. From what I've seen of him, he never really looks where he kicks, even when he has time to size up an option he seems to panic whenever he gets the footy. Maybe this could be fixed with him picking up the tempo of the game with a few more runs in the seniors, but I am sceptical. At 23 years old, he should be at his peak.

He hasn't exactly had the ideal preparation to be at his peak though
Physically he looks in awesome shape, he has the body of a seasoned AFL player but has only been playing VFL, so he could be like his dad, start late and finish late. He hasn't had the extra running and physicality of the AFL so it should take longer before it takes its toll on his body.
Most 23 year olds have played a hell of a lot more seniors than the 2 or 3 games Tuck has, so he still has some acclimating to do before he can be considered at his peak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rota69 said:
im sorry to say this but i think that i have to say shane tuck is a dud.

ya cant say that right yet. he hasnt been given a proper go. he will never be a top 5-10 player but could be handy. and he is huge atm wouldnt suprise me if he did get a few games and do well. but at his age (23) he needs to do a lot to remain in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back