Shannon Byrnes put up for trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be surprised if this means that Lovett is on his way to Geelong. As much as I think he is a hack, it would be hard for them to consider axing Byrnes when Varcoe plays as bad as he does at times.

Doubtful, Geelong need to clear space. Lovett would put too high a price on himself for Geelong to afford seeing as they are almost bursting already.

They also need to find a spot for 3 new draftees.

They wouldn't offer pick 15

Essendon wouldn't accept their 2nd round as it would be too low.

Lovett would thrive at Geelong, but I just can't see him getting there.

Similar to last year I think Geelong will move Byrnes on for a pick they wont use to free up some money to either offer Prismal more cash or look to try and find room for Lovett .

Could getting rid of Shannon increase our chances of keeping Prismall?

We obviously want Prismall - we've offered him a two year deal - and losing Byrnes would make the competition for the spot Prismall's striving for just that little bit lighter.

Would have to get rid of Kelly as well for Prismall to stay.

Can anyone else see Sydney being interested? Played a great game up there in about Round 20. It is likely they could over pay for a little extra pace too. (Heres hoping...:D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one remembers who almost won what. Who came runner up in the 1999 Brownlow?? Exactly. No-one gives a ****.
They are both hacks. Daylesford reserves command harder footballers than these 2

Nathan Buckley.

I usually like to keep my bucket of chips but in this case I am willing to trade:eek:

Honestly this guy is worth at best a 4th rounder.

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it happens...........hope, hope, hope...........

how can u say that about a player that plays for the club u support, alan toovey is alil ordinary but still got to give him a decent go, have a good hard look at ur self m8... typicaly geelong supporters!!!

and i am from geelong i kno how all u DHS are

The worst premiership player ever.
Just pipped at the post by Lewis Roberts Thomson.
Melbourne will give you a flat footy & an old training jumper......if we can afford it.

You can't afford it.

As for where Byrnes will end up, i think it'll be at either North Melbourne or Sydney, 2 clubs who can't afford to bottom out and that tend to recycle fringe players to add depth to their squads.

how can u say that about a player that plays for the club u support, alan toovey is alil ordinary but still got to give him a decent go, have a good hard look at ur self m8... typicaly geelong supporters!!!

A collingwood supporter AND you live in Geelong.
Gee some people get all the luck.
A bet you've got a red headed step sister too

its all tongue in cheek.....dont question my support for geelong...ever......

although i will have to forefit my founders status of the ANTI-SHANNON SQUAD........:p

A collingwood supporter AND you live in Geelong.
Gee some people get all the luck.
A bet you've got a red headed step sister too

lol no worries mate, where u live ringwood? with all the heavy metal heads and gothic sisters??? mate! were talking footy and u start getting personal whats that shit??? that shows how old u r champ! school just finshed and u jump straight on the pc

Remove this Banner Ad

Shannon Byrnes put up for trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back