Shannon Byrnes put up for trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

I shudder to think what Brynes would be like in an average side.

I have seen first hand how supposedly 'good' players in a quality side turn decidedly average in a mediocre side.

His decision making and skills are not AFL standard. Having quality around him made it look half OK but still shit, which is a worrying thought...

I have seen first hand how supposedly 'good' players in a quality side turn decidedly average in a mediocre side.

His decision making and skills are not AFL standard. Having quality around him made it look half OK but still shit, which is a worrying thought...

Shhhhhhh! Keep the truth out of it til next week.

He played good for 8 minutes against Sydney, and they have form of drafting Geelong superstars: Leigh Brockman, David Spriggs, Gerard Bennett, Paul Chambers, Henry Playfair.

Well you'd know about mediocre sides!

Just for the record Byrnes was the highest rating Geelong player against West Coast in Rd 2 2005 scoring much higher than ex eagle dud Judd and present eagle dud Kerr and fifth best on ground according to champion data ratings - and got two brownlow votes.

Well you'd know about mediocre sides!

Just for the record Byrnes was the highest rating Geelong player against West Coast in Rd 2 2005 scoring much higher than ex eagle dud Judd and present eagle dud Kerr and fifth best on ground according to champion data ratings - and got two brownlow votes.

Not good enough to get 3 votes?

Surely such a champion would have secured 3?

Geelong will take any draft pick (even 50+) for Byrnes.(They have no need to use it if they so choose)
It frees up Salary Cap Restraints.
The same could be said for a couple others on their list.

Shhhhhhh! Keep the truth out of it til next week.

He played good for 8 minutes against Sydney, and they have form of drafting Geelong superstars: Leigh Brockman, David Spriggs, Gerard Bennett, Paul Chambers, Henry Playfair.

All players need to do is play half decent against the Swans and they jump on them in trade week.

You would think that they would be a little reluctant to make another trade with Geelong but I get the feeling they are slow learners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shannon Byrnes put up for trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back