Shaun Atley trade value

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see:

Well hang on a tick:

He is one of the least damaging 25+ disposal winners in the game, pretty much every stat backs it up.

I thought you wanted just the players that averaged over 25 possessions?

Must have sucked that in many of those stats Heppell was actually better than the median - in other words your statement got blown to shit.

But alrighty, now you wanna do the whole league. Hey man if you wanna move the goal posts I'll play...

42nd in the league in effective disposals - Which puts him in the top 7% of players.
42nd in the league in centre clearances - Top 7% of players again.
43rd in the league in total clearances - Holy shitballs, top 7% of players AGAIN.
27th in the league in contested possessions - Putting him in the top 4% of players in the league
41st in the league in score involvements - I almost don't want to repeat myself... top 7%
71st in the league in meters gained - Top 12% of players
Not in the top 100 in the league for tackles - 112th FYI, which is still in the top 20% of all players.

And since you wanted to scurry back to the whole league, here's a few more:

Disposals - top 5% of all players
Inside 50s - in the top 3.5% of all players

Thank you - I and most Essendon fans acknowledged Heppell had a down year - but even in a down year the bloke still rates that high!

The great irony is that Atley is actually top 20 for something in the league and it's a pretty valuable stat. He's 18th for total goal assists.

Heppell is top 20 for total inside 50s.
Heppell is top 20 for total contested possessions

Heppell is top 20 in the Brownlow... :drunk:

Last edited:

A bloke hanging out the back of a pack has to do something with the ball.

Now you're getting desperate.

Dude - you're attempting (and failing I'd add) to make the ludicrous argument that you'd prefer Atley.

I think we all know which one of us is desperate.

Dude - you're attempting (and failing I'd add) to make the ludicrous argument that you'd prefer Atley.

I think we all know which one of us is desperate.

I would. What good is Heppel to us? He's a good player, but we don't have any pressing need for his style of play.

We need more burst/line breaker types, which is why we focused on Kelly & Martin. Heppell isn't anything like them.

I would. What good is Heppel to us? He's a good player, but we don't have any pressing need for his style of play.

We need more burst/line breaker types, which is why we focused on Kelly & Martin. Heppell isn't anything like them.

How'd that go?

Not having a go at North but Shaun Atley wouldnt have alot of interest from other clubs a probably just a 3rd rounder 'Maybe'

Never seen him have a great game or be a game changer , Better off taking a shot in the draft on a kid

Terrible kicking as well

How'd that go?

Alright as far as I'm concerned. I didn't think Martin was worth the coin, and Kelly is on hold.

Back to Atley. He was solid last year and I am looking for improvement this year. A loyal kid, so I can't see him being tempted elsewhere.

Back to Atley. He was solid last year and I am looking for improvement this year. A loyal kid, so I can't see him being tempted elsewhere.

You don’t need to worry about him being tempted elsewhere. He isn’t worth chasing.

The only players worth anything on north’s list are brown, Tarrant and maybe Cunnington. The rest are either unproven or not worth what would be required to get them to move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did i just walk into a thread of north supporters claiming atley is better than heppel?

atley is lucky to be on a list, his trade potential is 0.

Well no, not really.

Most North fans in the thread say nothing at all.

And the ones that do tend to stick with the 'well I'd prefer Atley because he fits our extremely specific need' in order to maintain some deniability that they claimed he was better than Heppell.

So I guess I'd say you've walked in to a thread with North fans having to have the fact that Heppell is clearly a better player dragged out of them.

Well no, not really.

Most North fans in the thread say nothing at all.

And the ones that do tend to stick with the 'well I'd prefer Atley because he fits our extremely specific need' in order to maintain some deniability that they claimed he was better than Heppell.

So I guess I'd say you've walked in to a thread with North fans having to have the fact that Heppell is clearly a better player dragged out of them.

When did I say that?

I simply stated he was an average player, so is Heppell though.

Of course I'd take Heppell above Atley, but he sits in that Ziebell B grader midfield group.

If Atley could make good decisions when disposing the ball, he'd win a Brownlow. He breaks lines, he can finish, and gets his hands on it enough to have a real impact.

Too bad he kicks it on the tit of an opposition player 80% of the time.

If Atley could make good decisions when disposing the ball, he'd win a Brownlow. He breaks lines, he can finish, and gets his hands on it enough to have a real impact.

Too bad he kicks it on the tit of an opposition player 80% of the time.
Win a Brownlow?
You must have been told a million times not to exaggerate :moustache:

You don’t need to worry about him being tempted elsewhere. He isn’t worth chasing.

The only players worth anything on north’s list are brown, Tarrant and maybe Cunnington. The rest are either unproven or not worth what would be required to get them to move
maybe cunnington, he says! lol

You have to be one of the worst posters on bigfooty. Top 5 atleast.

2017: 6th in league for contested posessions, 3rd for total clearances. 5th for overall handballs.

On track to play 250 forgettable games.
Says more about the club than the player.

Mate, it has nothing to do with the club.

Atley has played in four finals series including two prelims. Cheap and tacky trying to pot north here.

As little as six months ago we could have said the same thing about every Tigers player for the past thirty years.

maybe cunnington, he says! lol

You have to be one of the worst posters on bigfooty. Top 5 atleast.

2017: 6th in league for contested posessions, 3rd for total clearances. 5th for overall handballs.

Numbers numbers numbers. Don’t crack the shits and get personal if you don’t like an opinion on your player.

Cunnington is slow, doesn’t have much of an impact outside of the contest and has questionable kicking ability.

Despite his high disposal numbers he had 8 goal assists, kicked 10 goals himself but wasn’t in the top 100 players in the league for inside 50s or score involvements.

The game has gone beyond simple one trick inside mids. Cunnington isn’t this high value player you think he is. For example he’d be battling it out with Liberatore or McLean to be the Bulldogs’ third banana in the midfield. He wouldn’t start in the midfields of Geelong, gws, Richmond, Sydney etc. Where does he play if not inside mid?

Numbers numbers numbers. Don’t crack the shits and get personal if you don’t like an opinion on your player.

Cunnington is slow, doesn’t have much of an impact outside of the contest and has questionable kicking ability.

Despite his high disposal numbers he had 8 goal assists, kicked 10 goals himself but wasn’t in the top 100 players in the league for inside 50s or score involvements.

The game has gone beyond simple one trick inside mids. Cunnington isn’t this high value player you think he is. For example he’d be battling it out with Liberatore or McLean to be the Bulldogs’ third banana in the midfield. He wouldn’t start in the midfields of Geelong, gws, Richmond, Sydney etc. Where does he play if not inside mid?
oh my lord. You have less of an idea than I thought. Hahaha.

If he played for the dogs, he wouldve led your average contested possessions and average total clearances for 2 of the last three years.

He would be in the top two at the dogs for the past 4 years. lol They are insignificant numbers though right?

Not important stats for an inside mid......

Last edited:
oh my lord. You have less of an idea than I thought. Hahaha.

If he played for the dogs, he wouldve led your average contested possessions and average total clearances for 2 of the last three years.

He would be in the top two at the dogs for the past 4 years. lol They are insignificant numbers though right?

Not important stats for an inside mid......

He is simply not as good a footballer as Bontempelli or Macrae. Both being in our best midfield. No stats quoting will change that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back