Shaun Burgoyne offered 2 weeks with an early plea

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he has been suspended before?

Nah probably thinking of Peter, if he hasn't then it's just a bigger joke.

I wont argue the 325 points - thats the system and for the club to contest now.

But I dont understand why he doesn't get a 25% reduction for his good record.

As far as I know he has never copped a game before and been on an AFL list - and playing regularly since 2002 - which is 5 years .... as suck shouldnt it be:

325 points = 25% for good behavior = 243.75

25% for early plea = 182.81 points and 1 1 week ban ?

What am i missing ??
He got a week early in his career for something equally as pathetic. 1st or 2nd year.

Based on current interpretation, the AFL is discouraging the very essence of our game - getting the ball.

1. Players are being suspended for incidental contact that occurs in general play and when players are competing for the ball, being deemed 'forceful contact'.

2. Players are being pinged for actually going for the loose ball on the ground and getting tackled straight away, being deemed as 'holding it in'.

What is our game coming to?

Couldn't agree more. Would only add point 3. The new hands in the back interpretation.

All up, they are ruining our great game

I disagreed with the johnson decision as i do with this rubbish. It will and has cost players brownlows and has cost clubs big games because the tribunal is so inept.

If Hayes didn't get swung around there would be nothing to answer.
Where was he going for the ball??? Went in with his hip whilst 2 players with their heads there already and almost made one a quadraplegic, deserved 2 weeks.

Where was he going for the ball??? Went in with his hip whilst 2 players with their heads there already and almost made one a quadraplegic, deserved 2 weeks.

LOL.

He turned when he saw Hayes was getting slung into him, you would do the same.

Based on current interpretation, the AFL is discouraging the very essence of our game - getting the ball.

1. Players are being suspended for incidental contact that occurs in general play and when players are competing for the ball, being deemed 'forceful contact'.

2. Players are being pinged for actually going for the loose ball on the ground and getting tackled straight away, being deemed as 'holding it in'.

Yep - the fundamental rule we were all taught as youngsters has been turned on its head.

On the weekend I saw multiple examples of players just sitting outside of contests waiting for the other bloke to win the ball so they could jump on them with a view to winning a free. The game is becoming a joke.

Good point. I think Burgoyne is stiff to get anything more than a reprimand and i also look at the two decisions against Thompson and Goodwin for 'holding the ball' yesterday and wonder what else they were expected to do in order to take possession of the ball. The worst part of the latter was that Freo players were not pinged for exactly the same situation.

The rules and their interpretation are becoming an extremely frustrating part of the footy and the lack of consistency needs to be addressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess that means Motlop gets a game this week.

Out: Wilson, Burgoyne, Thurstans
In: Pearce, Motlop, Brogan

Bullshit decision in a softer and softer game.

I'm expecting a stepping and contact rule to be tested out in the NAB cup next year along with zones players can be in and bibs.

The fact that Burgs was even reported is a joke. I'm guessing they've offered him 2 weeks just to get him out for a few weeks coz Port are off to a good start.

Two comments

This early plea system is a really great way to make it so nobodies on the video review team can smear the reputations of good players by putting trivial charges up to the tribunal with a recommended penalty attached. Remember guys, he isn't appealing this, he is just going to tribunal as should in fact be happening.

Secondly, we play two winless Victorian sides in the next two weeks. Hmm.

Hayes 6-8

Burgoyne 2

Go figure.

You imbecile .... Hayes wasn't injured by Burgoyne .... the 6-8 is for a broken collarbone he sustained in the second half when involved in a fair collision with Michael Pettigrew.... Shain has nothing whatsover to do with his 6 week injury.

Hayes 6-8

Burgoyne 2

Go figure.
Hayes got his collarbone broken in a later bump by Michael Pettigrew. Try and be relevant.

Did you even watch the game, or are you suggesting that St Kilda sent Hayes back onto the field with a broken collarbone?

Burgoyne damaged it, wasn't yet broken but he was sore. I'm saying this from the St. Kilda's doctors mouth.

If Burgoyne didn't do this reckless high contact, we wouldn't be having this disscusion as Lenny wouldn't be out for 6-8 weeks and leaving our mids in tatters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne offered 2 weeks with an early plea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back